Can I create a new nation?

pulibara

You can edit the option in the database ui folder. But I would back-up the file just to make sure.

Go to the Steam folder in your Program Files folder and then (or search for database ui):

steamapps -> common -> Football Manager 2016 Editor -> data -> format -> database ui

Next open "db record lists" with notepad -> search for "<!-- nation table -->" -> change "<boolean id="allow_add" value="false" />" into "<boolean id="allow_add" value="true" />" -> close and save

Now open the editor and you'll be able to add a nation just like you would add a player. (And yes you can enable other editor options throught the database ui folder files.)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2016 at 12:36, Slabbekoorn said:

You can edit the option in the database ui folder. But I would back-up the file just to make sure.

Go to the Steam folder in your Program Files folder and then (or search for database ui):

steamapps -> common -> Football Manager 2016 Editor -> data -> format -> database ui

Next open "db record lists" with notepad -> search for "<!-- nation table -->" -> change "<boolean id="allow_add" value="false" />" into "<boolean id="allow_add" value="true" />" -> close and save

Now open the editor and you'll be able to add a nation just like you would add a player. (And yes you can enable other editor options throught the database ui folder files.)

I can't believe this actually worked!!!

You, sir are a god!

On 28/10/2017 at 18:45, liebsteinalex said:

I can't believe this actually worked!!!

You, sir are a god!

I agree its possible but has many MANY limitations based on experience in previous versions. Maybe its changed, maybe it hasnt. 

You can always switch all your edits to an extinct nation and make it playable if the former doesnt work.

On 12/05/2016 at 11:36, Slabbekoorn said:

I tried to do this but all it was doing was editing Yugoslavia - is there a way that it will add a brand new country from scratch using the method above? I'm using the 2017 editor. 

Thanks

18 minutes ago, CalumAUFC said:

I tried to do this but all it was doing was editing Yugoslavia - is there a way that it will add a brand new country from scratch using the method above? I'm using the 2017 editor. 

Thanks

you cant ADD new nation. you can overwrite some extinct nation.

They probably removed the workaround in the 2017 editor, it was possible in 2016 as far as I can recall.

Too bad though, we need more options in the editor and not less. The sole reason the Editor is fantastic is because we can create our own leagues, cups, rules etc.

Archived