Queen's Park

I have just completed my first season with Queen's Park in League 2 in Scotland. Frustrating to say the least! As they are amateur, the moment a player shows any sign of promise he is offered a contract by a pro club and off he goes. The result is a constant restocking of the playing staff, making for a constant lack of familiarity amongst players. I am enjoying the frustration:lol: but can't see any way that this club can progress up the leagues.

Does anyone have experience of success with this club?

I've managed 12 years in the Premiership and also had 2 seasons in the Europe League on FM14, it's usually my Summer save but it is hard to keep your best players, as soon as a pro club come in for them offer them a new non contract, they might accept.

You should even be able to offer them a non-contact deal, might have been a bug or data error on 14 allowing you to do that.

I've managed 12 years in the Premiership and also had 2 seasons in the Europe League on FM14, it's usually my Summer save but it is hard to keep your best players, as soon as a pro club come in for them offer them a new non contract, they might accept.

12 years in the Premiership with them is a serious achievement! It is really hard to keep your best players :mad: The minute you get something going you can guarantee that a contract offer will come in and the player will accept. Even if it's from a team in the same division! Then you have to start building again.

I had a good 10 seasons with Queen's Park on FM14 and managed to get them to the Championship, albeit for 1 season before the inevitable relegation.

You're right, one of the most frustrating challenges on FM.

Also the purest challenge in FM as you can't through money at a problem & you know once a player can earn a decent wage at another club they are likely to move which just adds to the challenge.

12 years in the Premiership with them is a serious achievement! It is really hard to keep your best players :mad: The minute you get something going you can guarantee that a contract offer will come in and the player will accept. Even if it's from a team in the same division! Then you have to start building again.

I made sure I had 2 or 3 capable players for each position so I knew when a good player left I had another as back up then I would be scouting again looking for the new back up

• 7 months later...

Archived