Editing the 2016 Olympic games

Roy Race 9

In previous versions of FM I was able to edit this by giving the games a playable nation and then accessing the advanced rules via that nation and amending the rules without having to recreate the whole tournament:thup:

just tried to do this in FM16 and I only want to replace a qualified country with team GB

so I removed Fiji and replaced them with GB(it defaults to GB under 23's on selection, even though other nations are showing as not U23's???)

on starting the game and running to may20th the date groups are drawn GB does not show up

any help with this please

fe1dd1792e36b95faf55bd08786a92fe.png

Select England rather than Great Britain, I'm pretty sure a few years into the game England was chosen as host of the Olympics and therefore their under 23 team was represented by GB rather than England. I think if you use England it will have the desired effect, I happen to remember someone making a Commonwealth games file and attempting to make an under 23 tournament but had an issue where England was always represented by GB.

Also is there a way of making GB qualify for every tournament? I hope you get this working and will upload it, have always wanted a file similar to this!

you might be on to it, as if you go through GB details it lists all the English coaching staff

I am sure I got this working in in fm13 though using GB

I will give England a go and update here

getting GB to enter every Olympics might be an issue thou

What about rather than selecting registered teams, instead getting the tournament to draw teams from the qualification tournaments, so for example under the teams tab have the winner, second place, third from the U21 European Championships as well as England/GB as a specific team etc.

will have a play but I have found a thread in one of the forums where someone has created a GB team in Olympics

waiting for feedback from him re this

having to recreate a couple of files due to issues with last patch but might give this a go next week when I have time

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/454122-FM16-Great-Britain-U23-s

Archived