is there more to youth intake?

in my save man city have produced the best regens but they only have good and established youth coaching and recruitment, which other clubs improve on so is there more to the quality of youth player you get or have they just been lucky?

Youth Recruitment = Increases likelihood of recruiting high PA youth and increasing how far your youth recruitment network will reach (low recruitment means you will probably only get local players who aren't recruited by bigger clubs, high recruitment means you will get top talent from all over the world). Youth recruitment, however, is also affected by your club's reputation.

Youth Facilities = The quality of the training facilities used by the players currently in your youth team. Good youth facilities will help your youth players improve more.

Junior Coaching = The quality of the coaching of the lower levels of your youth system. Basically, this represents coaching of youth players before they're generated as 14/15 year-olds. In terms of game mechanics, high junior coaching will increase the average ability of your youth players when they're first generated.

So in short it's;

Recruitment = Regen PA

Junior Coaching = Regen CA

Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement

as i thought, man city are getting the best regans, so it must be luck.

when it says youth recruitment is also effected by club rep, do you think it means club rep effect the classification ie excellent, established or whatever or it's hidden?

as i thought, man city are getting the best regans, so it must be luck.

when it says youth recruitment is also effected by club rep, do you think it means club rep effect the classification ie excellent, established or whatever or it's hidden?

Think of it this way - a 4th division team can develop their recruitment network to the highest standard, but they are still just a 4th division team. So if you are the parents of an aspiring youngster, would you have your son join the 4th division team or a higher reputation team like Man City? Obviously that doesn't happen in 100% of cases:- small clubs can and do produce world class players both in real life and in game, but the majority will be at larger clubs.

And speaking of Man City, unless you are using the In-game Editor or a 3rd party add on, how do you know Man City have the best regens? Without that, you'll need to scout each player multiple times in order to get a fair idea of their potential, and even then your scout reports won't be 100% accurate.

Other clubs could have some better regens, but again without scouting and then actually developing the players you can't be certain.

I'm sure Man City are getting their share of good regens as they are a high rep club, in a high rep league, with decent facilities and a wide recruitment net, but have they really produced all of the best regens as you are implying?

Anyway, I wouldn't get too caught up in how other clubs are doing. Concentrate on developing your own club to as high a standard as you can for best results - both facilities and reputation :).

Archived