Complete Tactical and Training Theory Video Series

Hi guys,

I'm new at the game but have a lot of passion for football. I have gone through a few threads already to find what I needed, but couldn't find it.

As per your suggestions, I tried to check out Lines and diamonds, pairs and combinations and SI forums to really grasp the tactical framework. However, the sheer volume of information has been overwhelming and quite often I'm not being able to connect the concepts with one another. I have previously seen that I work better with video instructions and tutorials, so maybe study guides are not the right choice for me? To simplify, my questions are:

• Is there a tactical theory and step by step learning video series out there? Not the usual tactics analysis we find in the vlogs, but actual theoretical discussion.

• Is there a checklist of things to consider while assessing players to develop tactics?

• Is there a comprehensive video series for opposition analysis (before game) and team analysis (post game) that includes a checklist of things to make sure I've assessed right?

• Is there any comprehensive training video series? The training allows very limited options, in my opinion, and it's even harder for someone starting unemployed with no badges and managing lower league semi-professional teams.

Quite obviously it's a very very comprehensive game and the match engines are really complicated (well, to me at least as I've not been able to grasp that at all). But I really want to learn the core of these things. I see people download tactics and use them to their needs and I don't want to do that. I want to be very hands on with my tactical, training and player development decisions.

Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

Ive watched a lot of the videos on bustthenet by Rashidi . Very good. I was rubbish at FM till i watched these and now i'm just a bit better than rubbish :) . The video about Shape, Mentality and the Theory of Relativity is a must . Opened my eyes and mind. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Give it a go and see what you think. I'm sure you'll enjoy them and learn a lot.

Ive watched a lot of the videos on bustthenet by Rashidi . Very good. I was rubbish at FM till i watched these and now i'm just a bit better than rubbish :) . The video about Shape, Mentality and the Theory of Relativity is a must . Opened my eyes and mind. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Give it a go and see what you think. I'm sure you'll enjoy them and learn a lot.

I actually dont enjoy watching bustthenet, i found out more helpful videos by guy called Der FM. He did some good videos such as how to do pressing.

Just watched about half of Der FM video on pressing and it was very interesting. Ill watch all of it when i have more time. Thanks for the heads up on that.

There you go theratulz, two very good video websites.

I actually dont enjoy watching bustthenet, i found out more helpful videos by guy called Der FM. He did some good videos such as how to do pressing.

Thank you so much guys, I'm gonna check them out tonight :D

If you have any suggestion for a noob like me for overall approach to learning this, please share. The most important thing for me is to stick to it and not get demotivated.

If you want actual factual information and not misinformation then Rashidi is the best one by far. Der is really good too but the game doesn't work like he says in a lot of his videos and some of the stuff he says/does is wrong. Rashidi on the other hand is very factual and is one of only a handful of people who actually understands the game inside out and every single aspect of the the tactical/training side of the game due to close links he's had with SI for the best part of 20 years.

Yes there is a lot of videos and i couldn't find the one i was talking about for a while . Anyway i think i've found it . Torino Diaries 03/01 Dark Arts of Attacking Football . Hope it helps you.

Which one is that? Can't seem to find it by an obvious title and there are quite some vids there.

I was about to get sacked at Burton and I spent a few hours watching BusttheNet videos and after two seasons I'm top of the table and looking towards promotion. I'm a big fan of his videos. I actually enjoy his style too. I've also enjoyed Foxy in the Box, but it's more style than substance.

As others have said , Rashidi's Bust The Net channel has got the most detail in terms of tactics. Just follow through his Torino diaries. He goes through many defensive and attacking set ups which gives you a fair idea of the game plays out. He's also got additional content in the form of essential views and training guides. Seriously check the channel out. I've seen some of the other Youtubers content but most of them don't really give a great insight into how their systems work. I just watch for the creativity behind their content like the challenges etc...

There's a lot of content out there. You just need to know where to look.

Yes there is a lot of videos and i couldn't find the one i was talking about for a while . Anyway i think i've found it . Torino Diaries 03/01 Dark Arts of Attacking Football . Hope it helps you.

Thanks found it, unfortunately didn't find it that helpful. Been looking at his Torino series, must say I don't quite like it since he seems to not have a real identity with his play. He pretty much puts out another style every game and some other tactic every few games, but that's just a personal issue.

Archived