Left Back Rating

I've had this problem all throughout this latest installment of FM.

How do I get my left back to have a good rating? I've gone through so many left backs all year and near enough every game they are coming out with terrible ratings. This means they are being criticized and I am being told to drop them.

Is there some kind of alteration I have to do to fool the game into making it look like they're playing okay.. I just ask for an average rating of over 6.5 please.

I'm going into every game expecting both full backs to have extremely low ratings (mainly affecting my left backs)

If it's affecting your left backs moreso than your right backs that sounds very likely to be a tactical issue. Are they operating with a different role to the right-back? Is there a wide player ahead of them playing differently, for instance tracking back far less often? I would recommend posting your tactics in the Tactics and Training Forum and getting help with them.

My play is coming from all over the pitch, mainly the wings because of the obvious crossing bug...

I've tried various tactics but surely there must be a problem if there is an issue with just my left back? Even with dodgy tactics they've always averaged out an okay rating... If you're a 5 star left back you're going to have alot of average games not alot of below average games.

I just looked at my own ratings (not that I look at ratings much) and my left back has the 4th highest avg rating. I'd suggest that you either look at why he's not performing or head over to the tactics forum.

Archived