Most goals scored by a player in a season ?

Surely i can't remember if i ever have managed a player who scored this ammount of goals in a season. And i've played the game since it was called CM.

Iv_n_Carrara_Overview_Profile_4.png

Iv_n_Carrara_History_Career_Stats_3.png

League standing :

LIGA_BBVA_Overview_Stages_4.png

This is my tactic :

F_C_Barcelona_Overview.png

A tactic i used when i managed Dortmund and then Barcelona, signed Carrara while i was the manager of Dortmund and took him with me at Barca and he continued to score alot of goals. This tactic proved to be very succesful as i finished my season with Barca unbeaten and scoring loads of goals, also at Dortmund i won the title with ease. Is this tactic somewhat of an exploit ?

Carrara finished the season scoring 92 goals in 59 games, without counting in the games at the national team.

FFS guys? Hes managing Barcelona in 2026, i doubt this player is edited. I had a striker on FM10 score over 100 in a season, but that was with the corner 'cheat'.

FFS guys? Hes managing Barcelona in 2026, i doubt this player is edited. I had a striker on FM10 score over 100 in a season, but that was with the corner 'cheat'.

Yep, easily could be a regen. Some of the regen strikers coming through in my save on FM16 have been monsters.

Sorry doesn't count if you've edited the player which you clearly have. Have never seen a season long average of 8.6

WHAT ? He is a regen, it is not edited, if you want i'll give you my savegame.

I had Henry score something like 65 league goals on FM05, and Sanogo got me 50 odd on FM12 or 13.

More impressed you've managed to do it with a tactic with no DM, I can't seem to get anything to work without one this year

pfft. My GK scores more than that. (Ok, he doesn't, but meh!)

[Edit]

I will try to dig out one of the old record threads and see what I can find. I bet someone has done something ridiculous in Brazil.

[Edit2]

I've had a quick look and I can see 2 different records as far back as FM11.

1. Most League Goals in a Season - massive_genius - Yaya Sanogo - 59 - Proof

2. Most Goals in a Season - massive_genius - Yaya Sanogo - 91 - Proof

Now of course the links no longer work, (it was FM11 remember), but in any case, we all know he must have cheated because Yaya Sanogo just isn't very good. :lol:

I'm sure there will be a 100+ record somewhere if I can find it. (Maybe the Danny Roberts Challenge thread!)

[Edit3]

Just found the total career goals record and it is 3,161 as best I can tell, (with a total of 11 players scoring more than 1,000 competitive career goals). Paul Spence was managed, (I think), by NepentheZ who is now a YouTuber of some repute.

I think we can safely say that a player scoring 3,161 goals in a career managed to score considerably more than 100 goals in a particular season.

Georgik, could you please upload the tactic you used somewhere? I'm guessing there's more to it (individual/team instructions) that can't be seen in the screenie.

I'm interested in it because I'm thinking of starting a save game where I reach 1000 goals with a player but I need a tactic that gets a lot of goals for the striker.

pfft. My GK scores more than that. (Ok, he doesn't, but meh!)

[Edit]

I will try to dig out one of the old record threads and see what I can find. I bet someone has done something ridiculous in Brazil.

[Edit2]

I've had a quick look and I can see 2 different records as far back as FM11.

1. Most League Goals in a Season - massive_genius - Yaya Sanogo - 59 - Proof

2. Most Goals in a Season - massive_genius - Yaya Sanogo - 91 - Proof

Now of course the links no longer work, (it was FM11 remember), but in any case, we all know he must have cheated because Yaya Sanogo just isn't very good. :lol:

I'm sure there will be a 100+ record somewhere if I can find it. (Maybe the Danny Roberts Challenge thread!)

[Edit3]

Just found the total career goals record and it is 3,161 as best I can tell, (with a total of 11 players scoring more than 1,000 competitive career goals). Paul Spence was managed, (I think), by NepentheZ who is now a YouTuber of some repute.

I think we can safely say that a player scoring 3,161 goals in a career managed to score considerably more than 100 goals in a particular season.

Dexter_Morgan had a young star ploughing well past 100 goals a season in this save. Even some he was getting more than 200.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/449657-FM12-Que-Sera-Sera-%28Whatever-Rhyl-Be-Rhyl-Be%29?

Georgik, could you please upload the tactic you used somewhere? I'm guessing there's more to it (individual/team instructions) that can't be seen in the screenie.

I'm interested in it because I'm thinking of starting a save game where I reach 1000 goals with a player but I need a tactic that gets a lot of goals for the striker.

Here it is : http://www.filedropper.com/barcelonaf772f290-2182-4ecf-bcef-dd4d63dc35b8

I had a Brazilian regen in FM15 called Fernando (there is a thread with a screenie somewhere) who got more than 50 goals every season from the age of 19 to the age of 35. He became Liverpools all time top scorer and managed 87 goals in all competitions at 22yo which was is highest scoring season.

Wonder how many of that super striker's goals came from crosses.

Not so many as expected, he scores alot of fantastic goals too, taking on 2-3 defenders, i think he is one of the best regens i managed.

And i signed on a free another great striker (not as good as Carrara though) who is being kept on the bench by him (i also play him as an AP because i think he is wasted on the bench).

Here he is :

Lars_Semlits_Overview_Profile.png

Lars_Semlits_History_Career_Stats.png

I think if he was a regular starter for me, he would have averaged around 30 league goals/seaon, but i mainly play him as an AP, and sometimes as a DLF in a 4-4-2, when Carrara was injured he was banging them in for fun in the same role as him (CF with support duty).

I see both those players have the PPM 'shoots with power', which is something I've steered clear of for years now because I still have nightmares about Damiao missing chance after chance because he'd blast it instead of place the shot. Might give it a go in this version and see what happens. Ronaldo has it and he's still scoring ridiculous amounts of goals at 36 in my save.

Justin Georcelin......legend. The best player Northampton never had....

They say that, in game, Georcelin used to rob points from opponents like a druggie with a knife. ;)

I forgot to post this, this guy is the best I can remember for scoring for me, not as impressive as some of the numbers posted in this thread, but still quite incredible.

c25851e23f2df004e2a71039960f6b7a.jpg

EDIT: Mind, this was FM15.

I see both those players have the PPM 'shoots with power', which is something I've steered clear of for years now because I still have nightmares about Damiao missing chance after chance because he'd blast it instead of place the shot. Might give it a go in this version and see what happens. Ronaldo has it and he's still scoring ridiculous amounts of goals at 36 in my save.

I also used to stay clear of it.... But this year Ie had great success with strikers shooting with power.... they don´t seem as widely inaccurate as previous years!

Niang scored over 60 goals for me in a season on FM12, but that was in a string Anzhi team in a weak Russian league, so not surprising.

Some of these numbers are in sane! The best I have in my current save is 53 in all competitions from 54 matches, but I have had a Japanese Italian striker in, I think FM09 who managed around 70-73 in all competitions for a season, as my personal best.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a regen striker on FM15 get 63 league goals in 35 games. I think he got about 80 overall, but I didn't play him in cups very much.

Back in the days of the Diablo tactic (when was that, 03-04 or thereabouts?) my MC easily cleared 200 goals in a season. But it was boring so I only completed one season on it before going back to playing properly.

Archived