HELP!!!! Strikers aren't scoring...

In your tactics, CF-support is the man who receives ball, holds it up and looks to link up with teammates that create runs around him - wingers and AMC. So tecnically there's nothing wrong that your striker doesn't score, until you win games.

Different tactics, especially different attacking orders of forward players are set up according to who should be your main goalscorer. In this case, CFs is not perhaps that guy.

Having said that, it doesn't mean he won't score at all. There is an element of randomness in ME and CFs definitely gets some chances during games. I've played with CFs a lot and they contirbute usually around 20 goals per season, although in your formation I'd say that top goalscorer would be one of the wingers.

The difference between your tactics is that I wouldn't use so rigid formation (stick to position, dribble and more disciplined) and allowed a little more creativity. CF itself is a player who is complete forward - skilled in moste aspects of attacking football. Allow him to make more decisions on his own.

Is your CF getting the chances during the game and not scoring, or just not getting the chances?

I play with a lone CF in attack duty, however I use 'Whipped crosses' and 'Hit crosses early' and get a high percentage of headed goals. I play a short passing, quick tempo, controlled, possession based tactic which seems like a bit of a contradiction when using hit crosses early, but this helps get my CF to 20+ goals a season, this means we dont overplay too much and my striker gets chances.

Archived