Balanta- reliable or not?

I am in serious need of good defenders, and I have around 5-ish million pounds to spend. I can get Eder Balanta, but my question is- is he prone to getting embarrassed by opposition forwards? If yes, would Joost van Aken or Walter Kannemann be more reliable? Looking preferably for defenders with a good left foot, but this is not a must. My team is Celtic, and I am fed up with SPL players ruining my day.

Managed Joost van Aken at his starting club Heerenveen and he's been fourth/fifth choice for me, though I was put off more by the low determination (random stat) and lack of the pace I needed for my high line than any incidences of being embarrassed. Defenders I brought in ahead of him (Felipe Carvalho from Malmo and Nicholas Isimat-Mirin from PSV) are likely to both be available for a lot less than £5m.

Joost's potential is semi random though, so it could be he has more room to progress in your game. If it's at the really high end it might be slightly higher than Balanta's...

Balanta's not the player he was in 15 or 14, but he's still a fine player, if you can take the risk on a player who's a touch injury prone.

He should absolutely demolish the Scottish league.

Should, but isn't. He's had several atrocious games since coming in. On the bright side, his weakest attributes are increasing, no injuries as of yet. I'm not sure my tactics make him look bad. I have a much weaker CB that has been paired with him, and he is having a stormer. Saved Balanta's ass numerous times.

Should, but isn't. He's had several atrocious games since coming in. On the bright side, his weakest attributes are increasing, no injuries as of yet. I'm not sure my tactics make him look bad. I have a much weaker CB that has been paired with him, and he is having a stormer. Saved Balanta's ass numerous times.

Fairly younger player in a new country, he will take some time to settle in to the country and the style of play. As I mentioned above, I bought Ramagnoli to my Wolves squad and he wasn't exactly doing what I expect a £35m defneder to do in his first six months! Be pateient with him...

Hmmm I just bought him for Benfica for £4m but rising to £9m depending on appearances and International caps. Thought I did well to negotiate down from £12m up front but now starting to think I might have overpaid!

Archived