Sparta Prague-Building A Nation

Jakarooney

450px-Sparta_Prague_logo.svg.png

History

Sparta Prague, nicknamed Železná Sparta (Iron Sparta) were founded in 1893 and currently play in the Czech Liga, in the Czech Republic. They play in a claret/red home strip and play in a yellow away strip. Sparta have been crowned champions of the Czech first division an astounding 33 times; their most recent win coming in the 2013-14 season and have won the Czech cup 14 times. In Europe, they have had minimal success reaching the semi final of the European cup in 1991-92 and reaching the semi final of the UEFA Cup Winner's cup in 1972-73. We, are hoping to change this.

Stadium

gun__1255697972_ground_spartaprague.jpg

Sparta play their home matches at Generali Arena in the Letná district of Prague and for training Sparta use a football centre at Strahov Stadium. The Generali arena has an attendance of 19,416 and is often the home stadium of the Czech Republic national football team.

The aim of the save

In this save i will be attempting to build up the Czech first division and national team into a European powerhouse. I will be doing this via my own youth academy as well as by bringing in youth players from other leagues (I don't have all the major nations turned on yet as I want to find youth from more obscure nations first). As well as this, I will only be permitted to sell players to other teams in the Czech leagues. This is so all my youth prospects, even if they are not good enough for me, will still help improve the other teams. I may eventually become the Czech national team manager if the opportunity arises, however I will not be starting as it so I may not ever become their manager. This career will only end when i have achieved everything thing I can at a domestic level; and when Czech Rep. and Czech first division have moved up the rankings to the top (or near) of the world.

So stay tuned as first update will be coming tomorrow! :)

NOTE: This career is inspired by youtuber Second Yellow Card and I don't claim to have come up with it myself.

Always liked the idea of managing in the Czech Republic, but I've yet to actually give it a go. I'd probably do it with Slavia Praha though, seeing as they're the lesser of the two big teams in Prague (although they might not agree with that :D).

Good luck mate, will follow this thread :)

The Squad

bESFixq.png

Overall the squad is decent with plenty of quality all over the park. I would say however that we are lacking in the full back department and that our first choice keeper (according to star rating) is out on loan. As such, when the transfer window opens I will be looking at recalling him if I feel that he is indeed our best and, as this is the first season I will be looking for some older, more experienced players at full back instead of youth so I will have a full strength squad before buying tons of youth prospects.

1TlujUa.png

The u-21s look decent however there are only 3 or 4 players who look like they could be used later on.There's:

Patrick Schick:http://i.imgur.com/FCa5gav.png

Ales Cermak:http://i.imgur.com/9JLRkbg.png

Juraj Chvatal:http://i.imgur.com/BNCs8mI.png

And

Matej Pulkrab:http://i.imgur.com/fZrBIh8.png

These are the only 4 I can see being of any use in the future. Tell us what you think of the squad and how I could improve it.

Cool idea! Will look forward to reading this.
Always liked the idea of managing in the Czech Republic, but I've yet to actually give it a go. I'd probably do it with Slavia Praha though, seeing as they're the lesser of the two big teams in Prague (although they might not agree with that :D).

Thanks for the support guys! This is only my first career so please tell me how I can improve:)

I have a complaint!

Your opening logo is a tad on the small side and doesn't really grab our attention. I think you should consider a larger logo. :lol:

I've seen the @SecondYellowCrd series and it's good, but I think you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage by only selling to other Czech clubs. You are going to miss out on vital cash.

Having said that, of course good luck, and if it was easy, well where would be the fun in that. :thup:

[Edit]

I like that are posting both types of pics, (direct and embedded links). It gives us the choice of what we see. :thup:

The tactics

I have created 2 tactics however i'm not sure if they will work (i'm not the most competent tactics builder:p) so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here they are:

37G1A9N.png

HRcPmSZ.png

Okay so this first tactic i made because I feel like because we are one of the stronger teams in the division, in most games we should be able to play a controlling, fluid game with lots of short passing and build up play. Using this we will be able to gradually push teams back and eventually work our way into the opposition area.

XSwpLbp.png

4MZycQO.png

I made this tactic for when I think we will be outclassed in midfield and have less of the ball. We'll be able to play faster football and hopefully catch teams out on the break (kinda like Leicester this season). I think we could also switch to this tactic part way through games when we have gotten the lead and need to sit back and defend it, or just to frustrate the opponents into making a mistake.

Like I said, i'm not the best tactics creator so any help would be great, thanks!

I have a complaint!

Your opening logo is a tad on the small side and doesn't really grab our attention. I think you should consider a larger logo. :lol:

I've seen the @SecondYellowCrd series and it's good, but I think you are putting yourself at a severe disadvantage by only selling to other Czech clubs. You are going to miss out on vital cash.

Having said that, of course good luck, and if it was easy, well where would be the fun in that. :thup:

Haha yeah I didn't realise it was so big when I picked it (I just picked the first one I saw:lol:)

EDIT: I've changed it now so it is a lot smaller:p

I do think that I will be missing out on a lot a cash but I want the league and the teams in it to grow with me as well. Having said that I will probably end up changing the rule if I start getting big money offers left right and centre. But, for now at least I want to try this out and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback mate!

Other Czech clubs are available ;) I certainly enjoyed my Slavia experience and have grown very fond of the Czech league so this should be good.

Always fancied managing somewhere like the Czech Republic, but being me I always choose the more minor teams so in this case I would've gone for someone like Viktoria Žižkov or Bohemians or even Dukla Prage (of away kit fame - yes, I do have one by the way), but will be keeping an eye on this! Good luck mate!

Other Czech clubs are available ;) I certainly enjoyed my Slavia experience and have grown very fond of the Czech league so this should be good.

True, I just feel Slavia would be most fun as they are fiercest rivals with Sparta and should be at the top, instead of loitering around 12th for about 5 years now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Back!!!

Pre-Season

Signings

P5LDn7s.png

Gabor Boros:A young striker that my HOYD brought in for £67k. He looks decent but i'm not sure if he'll be good enough.

Gustavo Cascardo:I know I said that I wouldn't be signing players from big nations and I don't even have the Brazilian leagues on so i'm not sure why he came through a scout report. Nonetheless he has a lot of potential and will be decent backup if nothing else.

Din Sula:Another young striker with bags of potential who did cost a fair bit of money. I think he's worth it though and will hopefully be a useful asset in the future.

Jakub Jugas:I said the fullback area needed improving and this lad can play on both sides. He isn't my best fullback on either side but he will still get plenty of game time.

Mauro Cooman:Now he is a real rough diamond. I picked him up on a whim and I don't think he'll amount to much. Anyway at the very least i'll be able to sell him on for a bit of profit.

Paul Onuachu:From Midtjylland for 750k(though only about 300k upfront)comes Paul Onuachu. We only has smaller strikers and I felt like we needed a big guy that we could throw on when we need a goal. I'm also working on a two-striker system in which he will be very useful. He is only 21 as well so I think he has a lot of improving to do.

Sinan Bytyqi:With our main amc injured and no great backups, Sinan will be a great backup and can also fill in when needed. He is on loan from Man City for the whole season with us only contributing to 50% of his wage budget.

No players departing as I want to get a solid squad together before selling. Not really looking to buy anyone else for now either.

Friendlies

TXqTTjQ.png

Overall, pre-season was good. It started off pretty poorly but when the team was better acquainted with the tactics we became almost unstoppable. I was particularly impressed with Kehinde Fatai who scored an impressive 5 goals in 4 wins including 2 braces. The friendlies gives me a lot of encouragement for the upcoming season and I think we can be a real force.

Thanks for all the support and as always, tell me if you think I could do anything to improve.:D

lT6QD3a.png

So after the first month we're top of the table, with Fatai the top scorer and the best average rating, closely followed by Konate.

vNDXfd0.png

Results have been pretty good,however we unfortunately crashed out of the Champions League at the first hurdle. Because of this, we automatically got placed in the Euro Cup playoffs against Vorskla, which we won over two legs. Here is our group.

We are also through to the 3rd round of the Czech FA Cup thanks to a 1-7 win against Aritma.

Sparta 3-0 Jihlava

CSKA Moscow 2-0 Sparta

Bohemians 0-0 Sparta

Sparta 1-1 CSKA Moscow

Sparta 2-0 Slovan Liberec

Banik Ostrava 2-3 Sparta

Sparta 3-1 Vorskla

Sparta 3-1 Brno

Vorskla 3-2 Sparta

Aritma 1-7 Sparta

From now on updates will be monthly or bi-monthly. Cheers!

So the first intakes have happened and they're in Africa! ATM they're all being scouted and I think I've found a few hidden gems; i'd better ask for some extra money first though...

Jesus Christ! This should be gooooood! I was NOT expecting that much...:thup::D:thup:

acpJeBE.png

I only asked on the off chance that i'd get a few hundred thousand to bring in some youth from the African nations and...voila £5 million!

I'll probably update this with all the fixtures when i've actually signed some players so I can show you both at once

Results

h1EXhXT.png

League Table

4HM8l0x.png

Euro Group 4 Table

hHAAv8k.png

September

Slovacko 1-1 Sparta

Stjarnan 1-1 Sparta

Sigma Olomouc 0-0 Sparta

Vlasim 1-1 Sparta

Mlada Boleslav 2-1 Sparta

October

Sparta 0-3 Napoli

Sparta 1-0 Teplice

Sparta 1-1 Dukla Prague

Red Bull Salzburg 1-0 Sparta

Jablonec 1-2 Sparta

Sparta 2-1 Zlin

November

Sparta 1-2 Slavia Prague

Sparta 1-1 Red Bull Salzburg

Sparta 2-1 Pribram

Zlin 1-2 Sparta

Zlin 0-5 Sparta

Sparta 1-0 Stjarnan

Viktoria Plzen 0-1 Sparta

September was a complete bust with us only winning 1 in and 5, and that match was won on penalties against a second division side. This bad form continued pretty much until mid-way through October and we fell all the way down to 6th. The Jablonec result was a massive turning point and snce then we've been almost unstoppable winning 7 out of 9 and only losing 1. As you can see however we've been prett poor in Europe and will be very lucky to get of of our group. Still, next year I think we could have a real go and get much further than this season.

Incoming signings

So we have 6 players joining us in the next few years. They're all from the African youth intake and all look like they've got something about them. I'm especially exited about Walid Hesham. Here they are:

Amr Abdel Monem

Emmanuel Benson

Alex Boya

Tarik Daoudi

Mohamed Jouini

Walid Hesham

Tell me what you think of the save so far and what I could do to improve. Thanks for reading:D

Mr Chairman...I hate you :mad:

aqXjllC.png

We didn't need to sell him and now I have an amazing 2 days to find a replacement.

EDIT:I've managed to get in a sort of replacement. He's on loan from Boca and I already had him scouted somewhat. He's not amazing right now but he'll probably still get some game time and, because of his potential, we could maybe go back in for him in the summer. But who knows?

ruxzSS5.png

So the youth intake happened...

Wx0gE0E.png

Zdenek Kral: He is literally the only good player from this year's intake, but boy does he look good. I especially like his 14 first touch and 16 determination. He could be our first great player from our academy, but only time will tell. So watch this space.

Results

nDCXYbH.png

December

Jihlava 1-2 Sparta

Napoli 1-0 Sparta

February

Sparta 4-1 Bohemians

Slovan Liberec 2-2 Sparta

Sparta 0-0 Banik Ostrava

Sparta 1-2 Sigma Olomouc

March

Brno 0-3 Sparta

Sparta 3-1 Slovacko

Sigma Olomouc 1-3 Sparta

Sparta 1-2 Sigma Olomouc

The winter break gave us a lot of time to get ready to make a push for the title but, after being knocked out of the Europa League in December, we had a pretty disappointing February. We started great with a 4-1 demolition of Bohemians but we didn't get another win until the start of March. Since then however, we've been very good; getting through to the semi final of the cup and only losing once. We're still top of the table and Kehinde Fatai is still top scorer, with 15 in 19.

qhxD3Gu.png

I've sorted out some more future signings as well:

Daniel Porozo

Gustavo Cano

Bobbie Fisher

Helmi Jouini

Dave Hoyt(I only signed for sentimental reasons. I had another player called Dave Hoyt on a different save and he was amazing. Plus he has a slight bit of potential and was absolutely free so I can't complain as he'll be a use to someone in the Czech Rep.

Ahmed Chumpitaz(Now don't get me wrong, he isn't very good, but he's Crimean! I've never seen a Crimean of FM before and I can't even click on Crimea because they don't have a team. So, when I saw him I just had to sign him.

The next update will be an end of season review which should be posted some time today.

2015/16 End Of Season Review

Y85cawe.png

So, we've met all our objectives and have really had a great first season. Next year i'd like to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League or at least get through the groups of the Europa League.

League Awards

Goal Of The Season

Top goalscorer

Best Foreigner

Team of the season

Club Awards

End of season awards

End of season stats

Team of the season

Next year, I think i'll just post an update at the start, halfway point and end of the season so they'll be less updates. Tell me if you want me to do this and what I can do to improve the squad/tactics for next season.

• 4 months later...

OK, so i don't know if people were actually following this or not. I stopped this because no-one was commenting so i assumed that no-one was interested. Anyway, i'm still playing this save as i won't be getting FM17 for a while and i just started the 2020/21 season. I was wondering if people wanted me to start doing this again and update everyone on what has happened in the four years. So, should I or not?

1 hour ago, Jakarooney said:

Ok, well how should i do it? What do you actually want to see?

I'm doing an all German, youth focused save with Dresden and it's great fun. You could try something similar- only signing and playing Czech players or relying on your academy without any transfers at all 

I am wondering whether to go on with my Gibraltar save or go into the Czech Republic. Quick question, is the Czech 2nd tier on the vanilla version or are there any good databases for the Czech league?

Edit: I was reading and enjoying the save. I would recommend a youth save somewhere. Switzerland and Austria were a LOT of fun

• 4 months later...

Archived