Key events when on holiday + Filter options

A couple of suggestions for things that have bugged me across several iterations of FM.

1. Going on holiday mid-season is a means of skipping several uneventful days... but ia player comes to your office to discuss something, they get angry when you're not there.

There must, surely, be ways around this. When going on holiday you could be able to set an option to be alerted when such a significant event occurs. You already have the options to apply for jobs, handle transfer bids on a basic level and have the AM take control of matches.

Perhaps the player can be advised to come back when you're off holiday, or you could have the discussion by phone, or your holiday could be cut short when such an incident occurs. That way you avoid the penalty for an angry player (I'm quite okay with Ramirez Howarth going on loan) and the effect that can have on a squad. You also don't have to click through 8 days of largely meaningless notifications about players on your long-term shortlist (this may just be me).

2. When filtering at the moment, you have the option of having all or some of the attributes ticked. But there's not an option to separate essentials (All outfield players must have 10+ for Pace, Stamina, Determination for example) from desirables (I might settle for minimum scores on 10 of 15 attributes like Flair, Free Kicks, Vision and so on). Being able to differentiate between the two levels would mean being able to eliminate any dud results who have wonderful skills but are slow as tortoises and run out of breath after running for 30 seconds, for example.

It's definitely a problem if you're on holiday you can't be reached/interrupted, but if you list a player for loan/transfer while THEY are on holiday, you immediately get a "**** wants to talk to you about why you listed them for loan/transfer"

Archived