Instant Result Button

Firstly sorry as I've asked this before but I assume it was via PM to someone because I can't find the thread.

Anyway. What .xml file do I need to amend to add in the instant result button? and what area of that xml file? I remember it being fairly straight forward but if someone can explain that would be very much appreciate.

Thanks

Ok. I pasted the below into the client browser because A) it's from the mod you linked to and B) that mod uses the client browser. Will check title bar now. Thanks :)

<!--instant match button--> <widget class="button" id="INST" size="10" appearance="buttons/custom/instant/button" width="150" font="bold" colour="white" alignment="centre">

<translation id="text" translation_id="339740" type="use" value="Instant Result[COMMENT: text for a button that will generate an instant result for the upcoming match rather than having to go through and play it]" />

<record id="click_event" event_id="INST" event_target="glob" />

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="sect" mode="1" set_property="hidn">

<list id="value">

<integer value="phtc" />

<integer value="PhcP" />

<integer value="PhcR" />

<integer value="PhcK" />

<integer value="PhcH" />

<integer value="PhcN" />

<integer value="PhcC" />

<integer value="PhcF" />

<integer value="patc" />

<integer value="PacP" />

<integer value="PacR" />

<integer value="PacK" />

<integer value="PacH" />

<integer value="PacN" />

<integer value="PacC" />

<integer value="PacF" />

</list>

</attachment>

</widget>

</container>

</container>

Most likely the titlebar.xml after the titlebar_search_panel stuff but before the FM dropdown and world/date widgets.

Most of the way there now but I need to amend the font style and colour (to match everything). Isn't held within the container that I pasted in from the mod. Also when clicking the button the transparency is far too high. Any ideas?

6xjz6d7.png

Yes it is, the first line

<widget class="button" id="INST" size="10" appearance="buttons/custom/instant/button" width="150" font="bold" colour="white" alignment="centre">

Perfect, copied and pasted that and it worked exactly as I wanted. Thanks. One last thing -- any idea for the transparency of the box? see below. It's not a huge problem but it's not that clear either and I'd prefer a full opacity box. Thanks again dude.

mIY8JWR.png

Ahh I see, it's pointing toward -- appearance="buttons/custom/instant/button which isn't there at all, not even a instant folder, take it that means it defaults to 0% opacity as there isn't a png in place?

Yes you can take a copy of another graphic and place it there, or change the address to another. ie the titlebar address.

is it looking for the paper png rather than the multitude of button pngs that are in the interface folder? as I copied that over as all are 100% opacity.

Not particularly sure what you're asking here, but what I've done, is I made path called

appearance="boxes/custom/instantresult/paper"

Make sure the path is 100% correct, and that the file inside the instantresult folder is called paper, and make sure there is a paper.xml file in there too.

I was asking what png it was looking for. I've also added paper.png and the paper.xml to buttons/custom/instant/button and get the same transparent look.

ah right. Just to clarify, are you definately placing the "paper" at the end of the path?

No but when I change it to boxes/custom/match/action bar/paper then the instant result becomes hidden / dissapears altogether. Strange. As though it's controlling a layer on top of the button.

I'm not sure then mate, sorry I couldn't help.

Archived