Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (STEALTH BOMBER VERSION) for FM16 (16.3)

I wasn't going to share this tactic but have done so due to how well it's been performing. The name (stealth bomber) comes from the formation and also how it plays. The attacking five are shaped like a Lancaster Bomber and the runners (i.e. 2 x amcs, 2 x inside forwards and 2 x wing backs) often get forward stealthily without getting picked up. This happens simply due to so many players pushing forward that the opposition tend to struggle with the numbers, thus regularly leaving one or two unmarked. For this reason the wing backs are even more effective than in previous versions as they get a free run quite regularly. Also lots of through balls to the striker as with my KILLER THROUGH BALL tactic. High pressing is deployed to force the opposition to hoof the ball clear instead of calmly passing it out of defence. This results in your team winning the battle for possession more often than not. I've also got rid of the infamous Roaming Playmaker as that's a role not very many central midfielders are natural or even accomplished at.

I feel this is better than the previous versions so if you used or are using any of them, you might want to give this one a try. Formation looks very attacking, which it is but it's also defensively very sound. First season with Man United, 20 clean sheets in the last 30 games. I use it as plug and play, making absolutely no changes throughout the game other than to set booked players to 'ease off tackles'. Won Premier League (conceding just 17 goals), FA Cup, League Cup and lost 1-0 in the Champions League Final against Juventus where my players just didn't turn up. However, tactic has been modified since then and the attacking play is now better than with ANY tactic I've used before.

UPDATE: Have just finished using this tactic for the last 3 seasons in my Wycombe game. Prior to that, had not won a major trophy and best Premier League finish was 5th but since switching to Stealth Bomber v2, the results have been nothing short of phenomenal. The screenshots below tell their own story but the key points to note are.............

Won 3 consecutive Premier League titles, losing just 5 games in 3 seasons using the 'Tactic Usage' formula detailed a bit further down.

Won back to back Champions Leagues the last two seasons.

EPL SEASON 5 - Media prediction 5th

EPL_S5_League_Table_27_10_1_97_29_68_91.jpg

image hosting free

EPL_S5_Results.jpg

picture upload

EPL SEASON 6 - Media prediction 3rd

EPL_S6_League_Table_30_5_3_86_38_48_95.jpg

photo hosting

EPL_S6_Results.png

image upload

EPL SEASON 7 - Media prediction 1st

EPL_S7_League_Table_29_8_1_94_22_72_95.jpg

windows screenshot

EPL_S7_Results.jpg

upload img

TYPE OF PLAYERS REQUIRED

Wing Backs – Same as all previous versions........ these guys are the key players in the team as a lot of the attacking play revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

Set their PPM to 'gets forward whenever possible'.

Centre Backs - There's a regular centre back in the DCR position and a BALL PLAYING DEFENDER in the DCL position. One must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap.

MC – Sits in front of the back four and sweeps up most of the opposition clearances. His ability to win the ball in the middle of the park allows the the front 5 plus both wing backs to operate in a highly attacking manner. Also offers a passing option as he's always unmarked. When it's played to him, he's on the lookout to distribute to the wing backs when they make their runs forward. Must have a high work rate as he'll be charging around, picking up all the loose balls and closing down attackers. A defensively sound, hard working playmaker type player such as Schweinsteiger would be perfect for this role as his distribution ability from deep will be the starting point for many of your team's attacks. A more defensive minded holding midfielder with half decent passing ability like Schneiderlin also works well.

Set his PPM to 'stays back at all times'. If he has a PPM of 'gets forward whenever possible', make sure to untrain/discourage that first. Set additional training focus to 'passing' if less than 15, otherwise to 'tackling' or 'marking'.

AMCL - Plays a balanced role of getting forward to support the striker and getting back to help out defensively. Needs to have some defensive capability so an Ander Herrera instead of a Juan Mata would be preferable as he's deployed a bit deeper at set-pieces. Will be getting up and down the pitch a lot so needs a moderately high work rate of around 12 or more and tackling ability of at least 10. Set training focus to 'tackling' and PPM to 'tries killer balls often'.

AMCR - This guy should be all about attacking prowess and creativity without having to worry about defensive attributes for sake of balance as not many teams have two attacking midfielders who are good going forward and also defensively. Training focus and PPM should be set to the same as for the AMCL.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates. Left footer on the right flank and right footer on the left works best.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Wingers work just as well as Inside Forwards so just use these players in whichever role they are more suited to. The thing to remember is that IFs must be inverted foot only and Wingers must be regular foot only, if that makes sense.

Complete Forward – You've got two options here. You can either have a fast striker who looks to latch onto through balls and outpace the defence or a strong striker who will hold the ball up and then play it out to the flanks or try a through ball to the inside forwards and amcs. I use Martial as the fast striker and Rooney as the strong one..... both are very effective.

For the fast striker, set his PPM to 'likes to beat offside trap'.

TACTIC USAGE

I use the tactic usage formula below, making absolutely no changes whatsoever until half-time, other than to set players to 'ease off tackles' immediately after they are booked. The front 5 are all set to this from the off so no changes needed for them. If I'm leading by the odd goal at half-time, I'll drop the mentality one notch or if I'm anticipating a tough second half then I'll switch to contain and put both wing backs on defend duty.

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

Odds on favourite (home and away) - Control

Favourite (home) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (away) - Contain & switch both wing backs to defend duty.

Cup finals or other matches at neutral venues should be treated as away games.

You'll need to use your own judgement to decide which mentality to switch to during a game, obviously depending on the match situation. I would advise though, that you never increase it above the mentality you start the match on until half-time at the earliest so for example, if you start on standard, don't go any higher than that until half-time. A knee jerk reaction can often be counter productive so give your players until half-time to see if they can turn things around. However, you can lower the mentality at any time should you score and then wish to protect your lead.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty (credit to Sabine for this tip, which works very well). I prefer not to do this until half-time at the earliest. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Never go higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances).

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs and MC must have a high work rate (minimum 15 in the top division).

3. Both AMCs must have a moderately high work rate (minimum 12).

4. Both wing backs must have good crossing ability (minimum 12).

5. Every player must have at least 8/10 in the green suitability circle.

OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AND TEAM TALKS

I let the assistant manager deal with OI's and also team talks as I'm playing the Touch version of the game where you can't do team talks yourself. Obviously, if you know what you're doing then would be better to do team talks yourself, although I would leave OI'S to the ass man. You need a decent one though so make sure he has high attributes for Tactical Knowledge, Judging Player Ability and Motivating.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow.

If you have a player sent off, sacrifice one of the AMCs and reposition the other one directly behind the striker.

Do not buy an MC, AMC or wing backs with poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

If you have any AMCs with a poor work rate (less than 12), you need to sell them once an adequate replacement is brought in. However, as a stop gap, the AMC with the poor work rate can still be used in home games where you are pre-match favourites.

Only use this tactic if you have two players for every position plus extra cover in case of injuries as the intensity is very high so rotation is important. You'll need a squad of at least 22 outfield players.

FORMATION

formation.jpg

print screen windows xp

ACHIEVEMENTS

Have just finished 3rd season with Man United.

3 x Premier League Winners

1 x Champions League Winners

2 x Champions League Runners Up

2 x FA Cup Winners

2 x League Cup Winners

Cake walked the league 3 seasons running, although to be expected with United. Beaten by the odd goal in the first 2 Champions League Finals, my players not turning up both times (very frustrating), although I was using version 1 first two seasons (MC defend was DMC defend) but managed to win it at the third attempt after switching to version 2. Used the tactic as plug and play so made no changes what so ever other than to set booked players to 'ease off tackles'. I think the results would have been even better had I used the 'tactic usage formula' in the original post.

I saved the two Champions League finals that we lost using version 1 (against Juventus and Bayern) as tactic test games and have played them over about 5 times using version 2 of the tactic and have won every time..... which is bloody frustrating as my players didn't turn up when it actually mattered.

Over all, I would say this is my best tactic. Stick with the suggested 'tactic usage formula' and it will work well, irrespective of which team you manage.

Please do leave feedback :)

Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (STEALTH BOMBER VERSION) for FM16 (16.3) v2_6D7DDACC-941F-49AF-A1A2-457010F6783F.fmf

If I didn't have 4 CMs, and no DMs, I would have given this a good, ol' try next season, as it looks really interesting.

Have always enjoyed your tactics Franky, and Liverpool have just been crowned champions thanks to your steroid abuse tactic.

Will keep an eye on this thread, and look forward to reading about how it goes with others. It definitely looks an exciting tactic.

I've made a slight modification to the tactic. After the first season of winning the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and losing 1-0 to Juventus in the Champions League Final (where my players just didn't turn up), I moved the DMC a bit higher up into the MC position and the results were excellent. He now wins more balls in the middle of the park as he's able to get to them quicker and participates more in attacking moves, whilst still retaining his position in front of the back four. Re-played the Juve final after saving it as a test game and totally destroyed them, scoring 5 with 17 shots on target and 6 clear cut chances (originally 1 shot on target and 0 clear cut chances)...... I think that tells it's own story. Anyway, just started season 2 and only used it in 3 games so far but the attacking play is looking insane and much better than anything I've seen before with ANY tactic...........

first_3_games_season_2.jpg

screenshot on pc

The download link for the modified tactic (v2) is also at the bottom of the original post.......... http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=17653622402988491036

Absolutely loving your tactics, Knap's are very good but ive always liked a AMC in the game

Thanks Widowmaker. Which one are you using at the moment?.... Anyway, you have to try this one. It's better than the previous versions in my opinion. Might take a few games more to get fluid than the others but once it is, it's highly effective.

I will try this out with my Brazil squad. I'm currently managing Gremio as well, but we are playing outstanding with the current tactics I've got in place, so I don't want to change anything for them, but when I leave Gremio next season I'll test this with whichever team I go to next as well :) I'll keep you updated on Brazil in the mean time!

Thanks Widowmaker. Which one are you using at the moment?.... Anyway, you have to try this one. It's better than the previous versions in my opinion. Might take a few games more to get fluid than the others but once it is, it's highly effective.

I have a save 3 seasons in with STEROID ABUSE VERSION and im winning everything! I use United and have a strong team. I love the attacking play and love how the AMC is a big player in the game.

I have now started with the BomerV2. Ive only played 3 prem games but ive beaten Newcastle 4-1 at home, Arsenal 4-1 away and West Brom 3-1 at home.

So far so good :D

Ah Franky - i just blew my budget in the Jan transfer window on a DM :(

Hahaha, too funny :lol: Just stick with the DM. It's a bit tighter defensively so you're not losing out. I prefer the MC because the team scores more goals.... but also concedes more as well so overall no huge difference.

I will try this out with my Brazil squad. I'm currently managing Gremio as well, but we are playing outstanding with the current tactics I've got in place, so I don't want to change anything for them, but when I leave Gremio next season I'll test this with whichever team I go to next as well :) I'll keep you updated on Brazil in the mean time!

Yes, definitely let us know how you get on.

I have a save 3 seasons in with STEROID ABUSE VERSION and im winning everything! I use United and have a strong team. I love the attacking play and love how the AMC is a big player in the game.

I have now started with the BomerV2. Ive only played 3 prem games but ive beaten Newcastle 4-1 at home, Arsenal 4-1 away and West Brom 3-1 at home.

So far so good :D

Let me know if you're getting caught on the counter as that could be a consequence of 7 players pushing forward. The tactic is still work in progress as I've not used it extensively. I'm relying on feedback to to identify and fix any weaknesses. You shouldn't really be conceding at home to both Newcastle AND West Brom. How did they score their goals?

Let me know if you're getting caught on the counter as that could be a consequence of 7 players pushing forward. The tactic is still work in progress as I've not used it extensively. I'm relying on feedback to to identify and fix any weaknesses. You shouldn't really be conceding at home to both Newcastle AND West Brom. How did they score their goals?

Pictures say a thousand words......

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's too much information for my brain to process :lol: What I really meant was did they score their goals with counter attacks and if so, was it counters from your throw-ins possibly?

Im all about the info ;)

Most of my goals are run of the mill. The one thing ive noticed is i concede just before the break and late in the match. I never change from the starting tactic though in regards to philosophy ect..

Noooooo :p I meant the goals you concede, are they as a result of counter attacks by the opposition after you've just taken a throw-in by any chance?

I'm also using the tactic as plug and play, second season with United and not changing anything other than setting booked players to 'ease off tackles'. 12 games in, only once have we not scored at least 3 goals...... extremely high scoring but am conceding almost a goal a game as well. I'd like to figure out why we're conceding so many goals (10 in 12 games) and see if that can be worked on without affecting the attacking potency of the tactic, hence my question of how you're team is conceding goals.

Anyway, like I said, the attacking potency is better than any of my previous tactics. Here's a perfect example. Check the half-time stats against Real Madrid........

3_0_half_time_vs_Real_Mdrid.jpg

how do you print screen

Not had any games with Brazil yet, but I hit a patch where we were very low on fitness at Gremio, so I switched up to your tactic to give my DM and CM's some much needed rest...

In the first game we won 2 - 0, but I wasn't very convinced with the style of play. We usually take a slow possession based approached and probe for openings, so maybe the stark contrast put me off?

In the second game, we were up against lower league opposition and were soon 2 - 0 down within 30 minutes. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to risk anything so I immediately switched up to my preferred tactic and managed to walk out with a draw.

Don't get me wrong though, I haven't totally written this tactic off yet as it's only 1 and a half games and far from the style I usually prefer. It's also worth mentioning that the level of football in Brazil is nowhere near the level of English football, so that could probably have a big impact on how the players carry out the tactics. You could probably compare our standard of players to that of Stoke or a team like that. However, I plan to manage back in Europe again after this stint with Gremio and will be back at a big team, so we will see :) I'm still going to use this with Brazil though because they have some decent CAM's!

Just conceded 4 goals in 5 games from a opposition throw in! Never noticed it before you mentioned it!

Their throw-ins or counter attacks from YOUR throw-ins?

Hi Franky. Do you leave these things to the ass man generally or only while testing tactics? Thanks

I leave team talks, team training and and opposition instructions to the ass man at all times...... during testing and in general. I do individual training for all players myself however, as I need to set PPM's and focus on specific attributes to suit the tactic I'm using.

Not had any games with Brazil yet, but I hit a patch where we were very low on fitness at Gremio, so I switched up to your tactic to give my DM and CM's some much needed rest...

In the first game we won 2 - 0, but I wasn't very convinced with the style of play. We usually take a slow possession based approached and probe for openings, so maybe the stark contrast put me off?

In the second game, we were up against lower league opposition and were soon 2 - 0 down within 30 minutes. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to risk anything so I immediately switched up to my preferred tactic and managed to walk out with a draw.

Don't get me wrong though, I haven't totally written this tactic off yet as it's only 1 and a half games and far from the style I usually prefer. It's also worth mentioning that the level of football in Brazil is nowhere near the level of English football, so that could probably have a big impact on how the players carry out the tactics. You could probably compare our standard of players to that of Stoke or a team like that. However, I plan to manage back in Europe again after this stint with Gremio and will be back at a big team, so we will see :) I'm still going to use this with Brazil though because they have some decent CAM's!

I wouldn't worry about the one game. As with all tactics, you have to give your team at least 10 games to get used to it but yeah, keep us posted on how you get on :)

Defending set-pieces needs some tweaking I think, having viewed a good few goals, free kicks and corners, we seem to be getting caught out.

That's strange because the defensive set-piece set up is exactly the same as with KILLER THROUGH BALL and STEROID ABUSE versions. I think it just comes down to how strong your team is compared to the opposition. I believe the stronger the opposition, the more likely the match engine will give them cheap goals from set-pieces. I'm near the end of my second season with United and have conceded just 3 goals in the last 18 league games using STEALTH BOMBER v2, using it as plug and play. This sort of proves that it all depends on how strong your team is.

There's. I will keep a look out to see how many more, see if its a problem long term

I wouldn't worry about goals conceded from their throw-ins as there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. If you see my comment above, the match engine awards cheap set-piece goals all the time and it just comes down to the strength of your team versus the strength of the opposition as to how often it happens and in who's favour.

First ever game for Brazil and it was the Superclásico de las Américas 2022 against Argentina so it was a very big match. It started in shocking fashion with Argentina all over us and forced us into an own goal. However, this tactic seems to love players like Neymar as he scored an insane hatrick in 4 minutes from the AML position!

Unfortunately in the 21st minute Thiago Maia got himself sent off and I had no idea what to do, so I panicked and switched to my usual tactic :( We won 5 - 3 in the end, but I really wish Maia hadn't got sent off as this tactic did seem to have something to offer with this Brazil team. I'm definitely looking forward to more matches with this tactic.

Ok thanks Franky - that possibly could be it. I'll keep an eye on the goals and let you know how it goes. I always do well in second half of the season when I have loads of ground to make up. Will do well to finish on 2nd this year.

Nice tactic mate am unbeaten so far in the league in my 2nd season with your tactic. I changed the cm defend to support due to having bought sergi roberto and he was not playing well when set to defend and the results have been good some nice wins against the big clubs. I didnt change the tactic for counter or anything else for any games even against the big clubs. I also changed the tactic to not get stuck in as l thought l was getting 2 many red cards at the start of the season and noticed a bit of a difference there. This is the most consistant tactic l have used so far good work mate

I've normally used the tactic as per the usage but going to try and stick to just control for the time being and see how/where it gets me. I will probably be expected to lose against the one or two stronger teams but sure isnt that real life anyway :)

Loving this tactic mate been pretty dominant with Newcastle just won the community shield and the European cup in my third season. Then played Tottenham in the super cup as they won the champions league comfortably beat them 4-0 then 5 days later played them first game of the season and lost 3-2 after being 3-0 down after 12 mins. That is the only hiccup I have experienced so far I have brought some stronger players in now as I have qualified for the champions league for this season so will keep you posted

I've normally used the tactic as per the usage but going to try and stick to just control for the time being and see how/where it gets me. I will probably be expected to lose against the one or two stronger teams but sure isnt that real life anyway :)

Doing well with this method but finding it hard to keep up with Bayern - they are unstoppable. Wanted to sign a DR on a free but board wouldnt give me the money needed and ended up getting the sack. Starting a new game with Blackburn - hoping for better run of luck.

Doing well with this method but finding it hard to keep up with Bayern - they are unstoppable. Wanted to sign a DR on a free but board wouldnt give me the money needed and ended up getting the sack. Starting a new game with Blackburn - hoping for better run of luck.

I would suggest using the 'tactic usage' formula in the original post. I've tested it with this tactic and it works well.

Loving this tactic mate been pretty dominant with Newcastle just won the community shield and the European cup in my third season. Then played Tottenham in the super cup as they won the champions league comfortably beat them 4-0 then 5 days later played them first game of the season and lost 3-2 after being 3-0 down after 12 mins. That is the only hiccup I have experienced so far I have brought some stronger players in now as I have qualified for the champions league for this season so will keep you posted

Thanks Scully. Do keep us posted :)

I would suggest using the 'tactic usage' formula in the original post. I've tested it with this tactic and it works well.

When you change the tactic usage the tactic changes from fully fluid to accomplished. Is this the same for you?

When you change the tactic usage the tactic changes from fully fluid to accomplished. Is this the same for you?

I play the Touch version of the game and that doesn't show you how fluid the tactic is. However, I wouldn't worry about that so long as the results are okay.

Thanks Franky - yeah. I was wondering if a player doesnt have an 8 in one position, is there any way to get him to an 8 in lets say CM - Defend? As I'm playing one of my players in CM but as a BBM as he is better at that.

Thanks Franky - yeah. I was wondering if a player doesnt have an 8 in one position, is there any way to get him to an 8 in lets say CM - Defend? As I'm playing one of my players in CM but as a BBM as he is better at that.

The only way to improve their role/position suitability is to set their position/role training to the relevant position. Then it depends on their versatility rating (a hidden attribute) as to how much they improve, if at all. Younger players with potential also tend to improve more. As for changing a CM to BWM, you can try and see how it goes. You'll have to reset him to an MC if he gets booked though as BWMs aren't allowed to 'ease off tackles'.

Have just finished 3rd season with Man United.

Achievements........

3 x Premier League Winners

1 x Champions League Winners

2 x Champions League Runners Up

2 x FA Cup Winners

2 x League Cup Winners

Cake walked the league 3 seasons running, although to be expected with United. Beaten by the odd goal in the first 2 Champions League Finals, my players not turning up both times (very frustrating), although I was using version 1 first two seasons (MC defend was DMC defend) but managed to win it at the third attempt after switching to version 2. Used the tactic as plug and play so made no changes what so ever other than to set booked players to 'ease off tackles'. I think the results would have been even better had I used the 'tactic usage formula' in the original post.

I saved the two Champions League finals that we lost using version 1 (against Juventus and Bayern) as tactic test games and have played them over about 5 times using version 2 of the tactic and have won every time..... which is bloody frustrating as my players didn't turn up when it actually mattered.

Over all, I would say this is my best tactic. Stick with the suggested 'tactic usage formula' and it will work well, irrespective of which team you manage.

An update on how it's going with my Wycombe team in the Premier League season 23/24........ Won the league last two seasons by at least 10 points each time, losing just 4 games out of 76. Also won the Champions League this season for the first time and runner up in the League Cup. Media prediction was 5th last season and 3rd this time around. I'm using the 'tactic usage formula' in the original post but never going higher than Control as I find Attacking and Overload mentalities counter productive (too many wasted passes and shots from ridiculous angles and distances). I really do feel this is the best version of my Wings of Fury tactics.

EPL_S6_results.jpg

image hosting site no sign up

I love your tactic!

But the problem when opposition play defence.

---------GK---------

FB --- CB --- CB --- FB

-------- DM ---------

MF --- MF --- MF --- MF

-------- FW ---------

Maybe get rid of the 'work ball into box' instruction. The build up play will then be a bit more direct and this could help against teams that park the bus.

I have the best squad in the world (year 2024) but sometimes I struggle to score against sides with 2 DMs (many sides switch 2 a 2 DM formation in the 2nd half. Some start with a 2 DM formation - park the bus type.) I usually push the D-line a notch higher and ask the players to be more expressive. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much for this outstanding tactic! I can't make my own tactic and the whole season i couldn't find a decent tactic. I tried to make my own tactic for several times, but i couldn't get it worked (im a bit impatient). With this tactic i finally get to enjoy FM16.

I started with my favorite club (NAC Breda, a Dutch team who got relegated in 14/15) and i was champion my first season with a lead of 20 points. This season (my second) im in the highest league and im in lead with 10 points with only 13 games played. This tactic is great. Thanks for making it.

Archived