FMCU Summer Tournament

deltablue

When FM13 was announced, the ability to use our own sides against each other in tournaments was one of the most eagerly awaited features. Unfortunately it proved to be impossible to have such tournaments due to the difficulties of getting enough people who would be available at any particular time, especially with various time-zones involved, so we only had a few head-to-head clashes and one incomplete 4-team league. One ambitious attempt to organize a large-scale tournament never got off the ground because of this lack of co-ordination.

However I think it's worth trying again with enough notice and planning. If we have a decent number of teams I'm thinking of doing in in different stages, with teams drawn into small groups followed by a knockout, so we only need a small number of people to be available at any one time. It would also be good to have teams of different standards so that you don't have world-class teams have winnable games and a chance of achieving something. It would certainly be great to have my Panathinaikos side (for example) potentially not being outclassed.

The first step is for people to declare their interest and we'll try and take things from there.

Potential participants

deltablue

Nottingham Forest

tastiawan

Makoto Nakamura

Jimbokav1971

dan_simmonds

Rikulec

Although I have never played a single online game of FM ever, I would be keen to give this a go.

My current save is Partisan in 2017 and although I'm only 2 seasons In, Iwould just use that team despite me not being able to get out of my Champions League group after 2.

I don't really care about losing to Prem but boy or a club that has been managed for a decade. I think having clubs of differing standards is a good idea and maybe there could be a pool system created?

Cheers for all your quick responses. Time-zones certainly were an issue the last time, not least since the big tournament was proposed by one of two Canadians who were regulars at the time as well as there being at least one New Zealander and Australian active around that time. Hopefully the situation will be more manageable now. Even if it is we'll probably have people cancelling or swapping slots but that's why I'm hoping to get a good enough picture of who's available at the same time to minimise that.

Another thing I need to add is that we'll all have to be on FM16 and they have to be our own teams, meaning that people playing other versions can't just load a game at the start and pick a team to compete with like that. In fact I'm thinking of making it for teams from FMCU threads only (though it doesn't have to be the current one people are using, either now or at the time of the tournament) otherwise that would dilute the idea a bit.

Archived