[FM16] Bringing the sunny days back to the seaside.

SirManager

Okay after a break away from football manager I've decided to go with the team I support and seem one of the most challenging on football manager and that's Blackpool. However, if tables turn and a I'm sacked and etc I will continue on and keep the save so it's more like a journeyman save.

Why did I choose them despite supporting them? A transfer budget of 5k. A very low wage budget at 5.2k (accurate guess, as I am on my phone) and I'm going to say it now, a dodgy squad.

I have very little youth prospects, a good sized squad however.

This will be my final save on FM16 and I want to run it until FM16 regardless of boredom.

My aim of this save - To bring Blackpool back to the PL, get the squad to play exciting, attacking football. Youth development is a must and will be my main focus.

I have a rough estimated guess that it will take 4-5 seasons before I start seeing my youth development plan take action as I believe myself, my squad is not good enough for the Championship.

Tactics? That's the question I ask myself. I haven't got any in mind, I have my own philosophies but no tactic to go with it. So my philosophies are out the window until I evaluate my squad better and get a better understanding of each player (which will later fall into my attacking and exciting football aim).

Pre - season match Bristol Rovers; 5-1 (L). Going down to 10 men within the first minute was a huge disadvantaged but none the less I feel we were destroyed everywhere on the park. We didn't perform as I wanted, maybe it was my fault on the tactics and etc but I will learn after all its only a Pre - season match.

Preseason match York (D) 1-1; I decided to play a 4-3-3 with th 3 up top playing in the middle. Redshaw gave us the 1-0 advantage in the first half by quality of play before we conceded in the first half. Positives on the game was we played some nice football, quicker movement however we kept the ball poorly and with my choice of formation it opened us up on the flanks which caused space to open up in the centre of the park.

What I gathered from these two games is we have potential but finding it is the problem with blackpool. The 4-3-3 is a slight hope to this save but a couple of tweaks need to be searched for. How can I play 3 in the middle and 3 up top without placing any men on the wide and defend naturally on the flanks without problems? That's the question I ask myself.

This will be updated daily and enjoy.

Pre - season match Burnley 6-0 (L); don't laugh, it's a joke. This is when I realised my 4-3-3 is a wee bit off guard. Shocking performance and I think we played wthout a goalkeeper.

Season 1 - 15/16;

Colchester away 3-1 (W); What a game to start the season, Redshaw with a crucial 2 goals and Pott with the other before we conceded late on to make it 3-1. We kept possession well and had various roles being switched about while using a 4-1-4-1 system.

Carlisle home CAPITAL ONE CUP 1-0 (W); I was a bit shaky coming up to this match since I believed it was a JPT game not a CAP ONE game aha. Anyway I decided to only play 3 first reamers and the rest reserved. We were lucky to win with Doyle being unbelievable in goals for the game. Callum scored the winner on the 88th minute, yet he didn't impress me. He was offside majority of the game, his runs, touch, passing was completely terrible but however a win is a win.

First two games of the campaign is a great start however Rochdale, Burton and Sheffield United all within a week is going to be a real challenge not including the CAP one tie Norwich at home. I believe sticking to this 4-1-4-1 might be the best option. I can turn this into any formation I want on the field by using roles and instructions.

Archived