Chris Holman, aka moderator Kriss has passed away

• Administrators

I'm very saddened to say that long-serving moderator Kriss passed away yesterday morning after a long battle with illness.

Made such a difference around here, was a real credit to these forums and everything associated with FM. Personally I remember chatting to him a fair bit when we first launched FML and always struck me just how nice a bloke he was. Had known about his illness for a fair while but Kriss never let it slow him down. He was still the same, cracking jokes and making light of most things.

It's very often when someone passes you only remember their good qualities but he simply just didn't have any bad ones. Although some people in GD who may have felt the wrath of his ban hammer may well disagree of course!

You may note he's still listed as a moderator and as far as I'm concerned always will be. He was far more to this place than just a moderator, he was incredibly passionate about these forums and the people who posted here and that always came across in the posts he made.

Miles stated earlier that he was a legend of the community and I wholeheartedly agree. RIP Kriss.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow I thought Kriss was in his 30s. Still, regardless, a young age to pass, RIP

Kriss was 70 and still showed endless passion for the game and the forums- his overall contributions will be greatly missed across all the forums.

Sad news. Although in a community such as ours most members will never meet face to face, reading what others post and mainly stuff that the mod's post which gives us more little insight into FM, you get the impression that you get to know that person just a little bit. Just from what he/she writes.

Feels like losing a distant relative but for those close to him probably much more...

R.I.P. Kriss

Archived