HOYD offering contracts to oldies

Hi all,

Whenever I start up a new save I tell my HOYD to take care of contract renewals for youngsters (if I deem him good enough). Another thing I always do is to place every player in the first team squad that is loaned out in the reserves, U19s, whatever they are called in different nations, so I dont have to constantly see them if I cant use them.

However, what I have noticed on several saves is that I can have one or two players out on loan when firing up a save. They are on contracts that will expire come summer and they are maybe 27-29 years old. I have no interest in keeping them at the club and will just let them play out their last year on the contract out on loan, but here comes my HOYD as some kind of hero... All of sudden I am greeted with the news that my HOYD as resigned their contracts on a new long term deal that also sees the player receive a nice pay bump.

My issue is this: For everything else the game lists a player as youth up until the age of 23 (or something like that) so why does my HOYD all of a sudden offer contracts to players in their upper 20s? Is it because they are in the reserves squad because I dumped them there? This makes no sense to me. The games' age limit for youth players should hold true also in this case.

If you know something that I dont, please enlighten me.

I see the problem, and it's not great.... but why don't you just use the filters to hide unavailable players? .. just a thought.

If he is like me then the answer is OCD. I hate having loaned out players in my first team squad and even if I hid them I would know they were there.

I see the problem, and it's not great.... but why don't you just use the filters to hide unavailable players? .. just a thought.

I check 'not at club' to remove any players out on loan from my senior squad.

CWR15 is spot on. Classic case of the good old OCD.:D I have tried the "not at club", but sometimes they appear in the squad anyway and for some reason I just cant handle this. Silly I know, but it has always been like that for me, unfortunately

Archived