Agents

ponchos

We all hate them, the money grabbing, no good vermin, but how do we get rid of them? I know that if an agent asks for a player to get a new contract you can ask the player to sack the agent, but there used to be an option to speak to the player at any point in the season and suggest they sack the agent, has this gone? I currently have agents trying to dry hump me over new contracts for youngsters who haven't even played a first team game yet. Don't even get me started on established first team player agents...

I know that some of your own manager attributes can be of benefit in negotiations, but which ones are they and how do we boost them?

(Apologies if this thread doesn't belong here but I did a search for "agent" and all the threads that came back we junk threads)

Cheers

I wasn't aware that certain manager attributes had an effect on negotiations. If that is the case, I would also like to know which attributes they are.

I am aware that your previous history with an agent is important. If you have had negotiations with that agent before, and the negotiations broke down and the agent left the table, you may end up in his "Dislike" list, meaning that the next time you enter negotiations you have to make a higher offer to keep him happy.

With regards to asking a player to leave an agent, I imagine if you are in the players "favored personnel" list he will probably listen to your advice, but that is just an assumption on my part.

I read it somewher that your own stats can help in negotiations, but I can't remember where I read it! I think it's something like Level of Discipline, like if a player has a problem (lack of game time, for example), he's more likely to back down if your LoD is higher. The previous relationship with the agent is definitely a factor, if they hate you they want more money for themself and for the player and won't stick around as long a if they like you. But at the moment the agents of my youth players have no relationship with me! The players will listen to me if I suggest getting rid of the agent, but I just don't know how to ask them to do it! At the moment my only idea is to give them first team game time and wait for the agent to ask for a new contract and THEN get the player to sack him. I have a stance of not giving in to agents, and I've cancelled talks with some big players because of agents. The parasites!

Archived