Please could you post here how many goals scored from direct free kicks in an EPL season...

After a conversation with themadsheep2001 in General Feedback thread I have decided to post this thread with regard to what I see in my saves as a very low conversion rate of direct free kicks in the English Premier League which I play.

In my various saves I find through looking at the EPL Teams stats that goals from direct free kicks average between 7-10 per season. Goals from corners seem reasonable (although I don't score any!!) and goals from indirect free kicks seem fairly common but to me anyway the conversion rate for direct free kicks is extremely low compared with real life, considering between them Payet and Willian have probably scored 7 or 8! Payet for me in the game hits Row Z!!

Real life direct free kick stats seem quite difficult to find online but I did find that up until last weekend 20 direct free kicks had been converted so far this season. Thanks to themadsheep2001 he was able to find out that last season 27 were scored with Eriksen and Puncheon joint top on 3 so we are possibly looking at an average of 25ish but he is going to try and find out about previous seasons asap.

So to the nature of the threads title. Obviously free kicks are a way of scoring goals so if there is a possible issue with the conversion rate in the game where top free kick takers are blasting high and wide the only way we can find that out is to see what is happening in other peoples saves. If you all average 25 a year then it's just me!!

So would you be able to post here on this thread how many direct free kicks have been scored at the "end" of your current or last season. I say current or last because I am not sure re full fat but in FMT you can't look back at a previous seasons stats once you get past a certain date. English Premier League only thanks as that way we can get a decent average with regard to games played.

If you are not sure where to look, at the end of your season look up League Table and there will be a Team Stats page. On that page any dropdown menu should show up various stats such as goals from Direct Free Kicks.

Many thanks for your help.

I'll see if l get some European opta stats. Probably won't be till Monday at the earliest though.

Dafuge, do you have serie A and La Liga on full detail?

Yes, both were. Unfortunately some of the other leagues I have loaded had already reset so I can't get the rest.

Yes, both were. Unfortunately some of the other leagues I have loaded had already reset so I can't get the rest.

Cheers.

As an add-on for you or and anyone else, it would be good to hear if you are seeing any trends in the types of free kicks being scored/missed (this is a bit more subjective)

Cheers.

As an add-on for you or and anyone else, it would be good to hear if you are seeing any trends in the types of free kicks being scored/missed (this is a bit more subjective)

Is it worth making this a free for all Leagues do you think if we can get the real life stats?

Is it worth making this a free for all Leagues do you think if we can get the real life stats?

I think more figures the better as I dont think we are going to see wildly different numbers (could be wrong though), if I can get stats for other leagues I will.

I think it's less about bang on accuracy here, and more about whether we are seeing significant differences as alluded to by your initial numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not at the computer atm, but as far as I remember, after 4 seasons I've conceded about 5 times from dfk and scored only once. I play as Arsenal, Sanchez and Ozil never scored from dfk, but my 19 yo amc did in his first season.

It needs to be rebalanced

• Administrators

In terms of free kicks IRL in the Prem in 12/13 3.07% of goals came from direct freekicks, that went up to 6.27% for 13/14 then was back down to 2.77% for 14/15.

I'd say in FM it's perhaps a bit low overall, but it is a statistic that does fluctuate. Looking at La Liga IRL it's actually even was lower than that, 2.4% in 13/14 and 2.28% in 14/15.

Archived