Game of "Shot blocked" and no ball curve ?

Well thats has to be fixed. Most of the shots got blocked so often even with best and fit player.

Also add curve to the ball, it all goes on a straight way.

- If most of your shots get blocked, it's a tactical issue, so you can fix it yourself.

- Ball physics will see more and more improvements with each FM version. There is already curve in passes and shots, but you could argue that there's not enough. Maybe more of a wishlist item or feedback for the feedback thread.

I think there are curved balls, but the 3D representation is not implemented. So it shows straight shots, but in reality its a curved shot.

A lot of the frustration with this years release is the 3D is not accurate enough to show what is happening. I think for the next release SI need to improve the 3D representation of the match engine and then progress the ME to more accurately represent real football

A lot of the frustration with this years release is the 3D is not accurate enough to show what is happening. I think for the next release SI need to improve the 3D representation of the match engine and then progress the ME to more accurately represent real football

They do so every year, and IIRC it's always near the top of their priority list. Problem is that they can't add animations that have no real root in the match engine calculations. Well they could, but the result would be some kind of FIFA manager where what you see on the pitch has nothing to do with your tactics... or players... or anything at all.

However I do agree that this is the biggest source of frustration. Imagine what difference it would make when users would be able to SEE that the backpass-own-goal was actually a legit mistake by their players and not a bug. Bug forums would be near-deserted!

- If most of your shots get blocked, it's a tactical issue, so you can fix it yourself.

- Ball physics will see more and more improvements with each FM version. There is already curve in passes and shots, but you could argue that there's not enough. Maybe more of a wishlist item or feedback for the feedback thread.

Most of the blocked shots I see are where a forward is ahead of the defenders, slows down for them to catch him up and then hits the ball against them as soon as they're between him and the goal. This is an ME issue and not tactical, surely? Definitely agree that there should be more visible curl on shots, a lot of them look like toe punts at the moment but that's just a cosmetic thing, I guess.

The way attackers halt when they get through on goal is very noticeable. Attackers also seem to have very little awareness of where defenders are, often passing up a shooting opportunity to wait for a defender to literally stand in front of him before attempting a shot (which obviously cannons straight into the defender).

What level football are we talking about by the way?

Im playing Russian Premier League with Zenit and my strikers dont pause, stutter, allow themselves to get blocked, they put in first time shots, cut ins, curlers, toe pokes... just wonder if you're a lower level team?

Always the go to response.. Classic

Because it is true. Think about these things for longer than 5 seconds and it may make sense. Most of your shots blocked means that you're allowing defenders to get into positions to do so. That's not an ME issue. That's tactical. Speed things up or create space better.

That's far more of an explanation that your post deserved, but I'm in a giving mood. :brock:

Well some opponents for prolonged periods don't even move any defender out of position. Btw, if somebody's in the mood, I did this a couple of times, do the following:

- download the official data editor

- pick a league of your choice

- give every team within an equal reputation

- give every manager managing within that league a single prefered formation, a top heavy one for defending and attacking, such as 4-2-3-1 wide (no DM), 4-2-3-1 narrow (no dM) or 4-3-3

- edit every manager's attack bias to 20

Parking bus teams simply attempting to avoid heavy defeat solved at least for the first couple season. ;-) Has quite an impact on AI favourites too. Unlike in real football and with FM's increasingly rigid parking bus sides, the favourites now frequently score high margins rather than averaging 20 shots with a return of but 2 to 2,5 goals, as with Bayern et all IRF too. Such is the impacts of tactics, which naturally goes for both managers.

Might be, but defenders jump over the shoot very ridiculously. It must be balanced.

I think there are curved balls, but the 3D representation is not implemented. So it shows straight shots, but in reality its a curved shot.

I am sure that is but 3D simulation its annoying to see. Even tactical stats screen all of the mix crosses from corners are shown only a straight line with no curve.

What level football are we talking about by the way?

Im playing Russian Premier League with Zenit and my strikers dont pause, stutter, allow themselves to get blocked, they put in first time shots, cut ins, curlers, toe pokes... just wonder if you're a lower level team?

I have played with Real Sociedad, Athletic Club, Galatasaray, Chelsea but it was all the same.

Except Zenit I don't beleive there are too much strong teams with defence in the Russian league. You are playing in lower attributed league with only your team being Worldclass team, so thats why you don't get most of the shots blocked perhaps ? :)

Well some opponents for prolonged periods don't even move any defender out of position. Btw, if somebody's in the mood, I did this a couple of times, do the following:

- download the official data editor

- pick a league of your choice

- give every team within an equal reputation

- give every manager managing within that league a single prefered formation, a top heavy one for defending and attacking, such as 4-2-3-1 wide (no DM), 4-2-3-1 narrow (no dM) or 4-3-3

- edit every manager's attack bias to 20

Parking bus teams simply attempting to avoid heavy defeat solved at least for the first couple season. ;-) Has quite an impact on AI favourites too. Unlike in real football and with FM's increasingly rigid parking bus sides, the favourites now frequently score high margins rather than averaging 20 shots with a return of but 2 to 2,5 goals, as with Bayern et all IRF too. Such is the impacts of tactics, which naturally goes for both managers.

Well this lacks realism. And provides out of ambition. :rolleyes:

Archived