Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (KILLER THROUGH BALL VERSION) for FM16 (16.3)

I just had to share this tactic. It's pretty much the same as Wings of Fury STEROID ABUSE except for one massive difference that changes the dynamics of how your team plays quite significantly. I could have added it into the same thread but I feel it deserves it's own because it just feels different. I believe there are more goals in this than in STEROID ABUSE because this one's all about the lone striker.

Formation and tactic usage is exactly the same as STEROID ABUSE so see here for that (no point writing it all out again here)........ http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/453609-Franky-s-Wing-s-of-Fury-Tactic-(STEROID-ABUSE-VERSION)-for-FM16-(16-2)-plug-amp-play!!

THE BIG DIFFERENCE FROM STEROID ABUSE

1. Your striker needs to be quick, everything else regarding his attributes is relatively periphery.

2. He needs a PPM of 'LIKES TO TRY TO BEAT OFFSIDE TRAP'. If you have a quick striker who you want to use, set his PPM to that. I've just started my second season with Man United and have Dybala and Martial as my two strikers that I rotate. Dybala already has the required PPM and I've set Martial to learn it. I use Dybala in the tough games and Martial in the easier ones until he has acquired the PPM. The tactic is nowhere near as effective without a striker who has it.

Your team will look to play the striker in on goal at every opportunity. Here's a screenshot of what can happen if you indeed have a quick striker with the required PPM...........

7_0_vs_Chelsea_Dybala_scores_6.jpg

image upload no limit

TACTIC USAGE FORMULA

In the STEROID ABUSE thread, there's a couple of different tactic usage formulas I've mentioned so it's entirely up to you how you go about things but I would personally recommend the following as it's how I use the tactic. Gives me more control as a manager and I've had great results with it......

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds.........

Odds on favourite (home and away) - Control

Favourite (home) - Control

Favourite (away) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (home) - Standard

Opponent is favourite (away) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (home) - Counter

Opponent is odds on favourite (away) - Contain & switch both wing backs to defend duty.

Irrespective of the pre match odds, if you would be happy with a draw and the objective is simply to avoid conceding and maybe nick a goal on the break, then start with 'contain' and switch both wing backs to defend duty (credit to Sabine in post #63 for this tip, which works very well). This can often apply to two legged cup matches where you just want to keep things tight in the away leg.

You'll need to use your own judgement to decide which mentality to switch to during a game, obviously depending on the match situation. I would advise though, that you never increase it above the mentality you start the match on until half-time at the earliest so for example, if you start on standard, don't go any higher than that until half-time. A knee jerk reaction can often be counter productive so give your players until half-time to see if they can turn things around. However, you can lower the mentality at any time should you score and then wish to protect your lead.

If you need to protect a lead and the priority is to avoid conceding, then as already mentioned, switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty. This can be done at any time, even in the first half. Needless to say, if the objective changes and you need to score, don't forget to revert them back to attack duty when upping the mentality.

Another thing to bear in mind. The lower the mentality, the less physically exhausting it is for your players..... might be worth keeping in mind during hectic fixture schedules.

REQUIRED PPM'S

COMPLETE FORWARD - 'likes to try to beat offside trap'. It's so important to have a striker with this PPM. If your striker doesn't have it, then I recommend you don't use this tactic...... that's how important it is. Once he has learnt it, then the following is not necessary but if he learns 'likes to round keeper', this will increase his chances of scoring when through on goal.

INSIDE FORWARDS AND ATTACKING MID - 'tries killer balls often'. This will increase the amount of through balls played and works unbelievably well when you have a fast striker with the beat offside PPM.

WING BACKS - 'gets forward whenever possible'. Obviously, the overlapping runs by the wing backs contribute heavily to the wing play aspect of the tactic.

RPM - 'likes to switch ball to other flank'. This one is not a requirement but could be helpful as he'll look for the forward run of the wing back on the opposite flank to where the play is. When played through, the wing back will have acres of space to run into and an unchallenged cross into the box. It will increase effective wing play or if you want to go more through the centre then 'tries killer balls often' is the one to have.

CLASSIC EXAMPLES

Below are a couple of perfect example of how it all works. We win the ball back just outside our area and hit City on the counter. Rooney (AMC) gets the ball just inside his own half, looks for the run of #9 Martial who is sitting on the shoulder of the centre back. City are playing a high line, which plays into our hands beautifully. The killer ball is played over the top and Martial outpaces the centre back, runs onto it, takes it forward for a on-on-one with the keeper and duly slides it past him into the corner to make it 2-0.

killer_through_ball_example.jpg

images hosting

Below, you can see the AMC (Rooney) receiving the ball on the half way line with two options available to him. He can either play it out to the left flank for the inside forward and wing back to work a crossing opportunity or play the killer ball over the top. These are the two prominent strategies deployed by the tactic.

The option for the ball over the top is made possible by #9 Martial looking to beat the offside trap. You can see he's just itching for that through ball with his positioning right on the defensive line and this is the advantage of having a striker with the relevant PPM. Obviously, if the ball is played through for him, the striker needs to be quick in order to pull away and create a on-on-one with the keeper...........

two_options.jpg

upload image free

Thanks for reading. If you download the tactic, please leave feedback :)

Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (KILLER THROUGH BALL VERSION) for FM16 (16.3)_45F2DF41-8E8B-462B-9D02-613650021692 (1).fmf

Hey pal! I got in to the Premier League although I changed tactics to get there, with Stockport. I love how your tactics play and as I simply need to avoid relegation i have some leeway results wise so I am going for this - I have players to suit this so I will update in a while :)

Hey pal! I got in to the Premier League although I changed tactics to get there, with Stockport. I love how your tactics play and as I simply need to avoid relegation i have some leeway results wise so I am going for this - I have players to suit this so I will update in a while :)

Thanks a lot. Your feedback has really helped so let us know how you get on. I would advise using the formula mentioned above for best results.

Thanks a lot. Your feedback has really helped so let us know how you get on. I would advise using the formula mentioned above for best results.

I am impressed pal :) I had 2 points from 3 games under a different tactic and I looked poor despite a healthy looking squad. I had Watford at home 1st game after plugging this in, they were 2nd we 19th. I took an early lead, played well but conceded an 86th minute and hit with a 91st minute defeat. Man City away and took a 4-1 pasting which didn't bother me really. Then i have Spurs at home, 1 defeat in their first 5 and me stuck in 20th, beat them convincingly 2-0 and just followed it up with a fantastic 3-0 away win at mid table Fulham - all 3 goals in the 1st half and used your tactical adjustment suggestions to ride the game out. One thing, I am finding that I do well keeping the control mentality on and just changing to wrap up the game late on. my opponents Spurs and Fulham were both odds on to beat me, so good stuff so far pal. I will update more tomorrow.

Sorry to hog the thread! I finished the night with 4 straight wins. Scored 14 conceded 4. Jumped up to 7th in the table also so very happy up to now. The through balls are working well and as long as I can remain in the premier league I expect that to improve with better players from increased funding. Many through balls dealt with at this level but that's no different to irl. All told a very happy Hatter here. :)

Wow! Just wow!!! So I ended up with 7 straight wins, then lost at home to Stoke who are romping the league currently and then.......... Man United away, I am the rank outsiders and walk away with all 3 points in a 3-2 win. It was comfortable. 3-1 up and coasting, conceded late on, switched to Contain and they don't get close to stealing a point. I am 3rd and looking good. I actually think my Premier League status will be secured by Christmas and I fancy Champions League football at the first attempt - mid - season FM meltdown notwithstanding of course!!! :lol:

Wow! Just wow!!! So I ended up with 7 straight wins, then lost at home to Stoke who are romping the league currently and then.......... Man United away, I am the rank outsiders and walk away with all 3 points in a 3-2 win. It was comfortable. 3-1 up and coasting, conceded late on, switched to Contain and they don't get close to stealing a point. I am 3rd and looking good. I actually think my Premier League status will be secured by Christmas and I fancy Champions League football at the first attempt - mid - season FM meltdown notwithstanding of course!!! :lol:

That's not bad going at all :D Okay, a few questions.........

1. What's your media prediction for a league finish?

2. How quick is your striker and does he have the required 'likes to beat offside trap' PPM?

3. Are your goals coming via the killer through balls or mainly from crosses?

4. What formula are you using exactly? By that, I mean are you switching mentalities or just sticking with 'control' and 'contain'?

Honestly, your feedback is really constructive, good or bad so keep it coming...... it's appreciated :)

Just not feeling this tactic. The IF are struggling to create anything and have very low match ratings as does the defensive CM & FC. The team are still learning the tactic but are at a accomplish stage. Martial is learning the 'beats offside' ppm.

Im finding it hard to score.

Games so far......I was using a different tactic for the Newcastle game. The 2-1 win against Lazio i only had 6 shots all match but against Bournemouth i had 25, very inconsistent. I have changed from control, standard ect as advised.

image.jpg

Starting 11....

image.jpg

Just not feeling this tactic. The IF are struggling to create anything and have very low match ratings as does the defensive CM & FC. The team are still learning the tactic but are at a accomplish stage. Martial is learning the 'beats offside' ppm.

Im finding it hard to score.

Games so far......I was using a different tactic for the Newcastle game. The 2-1 win against Lazio i only had 6 shots all match but against Bournemouth i had 25, very inconsistent. I have changed from control, standard ect as advised.

You really need to wait until Martial has learnt the 'likes to beat the offside trap' PPM as everything is set up to play him through on goal. Until he has acquired it, he's not going to look to run onto through balls, meaning the team is far less likely to play the killer ball. That's probably why your IF's aren't getting high ratings. If they do play the through ball, the striker's not latching onto it because that's not his game at present. Personally, I'm using Dybala in tough fixtures and Martial in easier ones until he's learnt the PPM....... Ultimately, if you want the tactic to work as it should, the striker absolutely MUST have this PPM.

im going to finish the season or get fired :D, to see how it pans out. I really like the concept and hope it comes good

Like I said, the tactic is not going to play like it's meant to until Martial has learnt the PPM. Try and sign Dybala if you can, he's a beast. Also, you have Schweinsteiger and Herrera in positions they're not really great at. Both have only 8/10 in the green circle. I know that's the bare minimum I have suggested but they would be more effective if they were at least 9/10. On top of that, Herrera is not great defensively and I would use him in the attacking midfield role instead. Also, Schweinsteiger is too old to be trained in either position. I trained him for a whole season in the RPM role but he wouldn't budge from 8/10...... so I sold him in the summer transfer window :cool:

I would suggest above sums up why things perhaps aren't going quite as smoothly as they should.

Oh, and not to mention that this version of Football Manager seems to have taken getting FM'd to a whole new level. I used the STEROID ABUSE tactic in the first season and it didn't happen as often but with this tactic it's happening to me every 3 or 4 games. Dominate the match, they're average keeper turns into a 'super keeper' and my world class keeper De Gea is pissed out of his head and can't save 5hit :mad: and they score with their only two shots on target while we have 10+ on target but they still get the win or it's a draw if I'm fortunate. Here's a couple of perfect examples:eek:

22_10_6_9_1_2_3_2_1_2_vs_Shakhtar.jpg

screenshot windows 7

22_11_4_13_1_2_7_2_1_4_vs_Sparta_Prague.jpg

free screen capture software

That's not bad going at all :D Okay, a few questions.........

1. What's your media prediction for a league finish?

2. How quick is your striker and does he have the required 'likes to beat offside trap' PPM?

3. Are your goals coming via the killer through balls or mainly from crosses?

4. What formula are you using exactly? By that, I mean are you switching mentalities or just sticking with 'control' and 'contain'?

Honestly, your feedback is really constructive, good or bad so keep it coming...... it's appreciated :)

Hi Franky,

Ok no problem.

1. I was predicted to finish 18th.

2. Striker has pace of 17 and no PPMs applied - he's scored 10 for the season in 14 games - remember everyone was misfiring in my first 5 games!!

3. I am getting a nice split of goals, if pushed I would say 60% crosses, 40% through balls but the football is high quality stuff.

4. Always run with control mate this season so far. I change around 70-75 minutes to contain if I am riding the game out but have used counter also and attacking all to some degree of success.

I hope this is helpful pal :)

Hi Franky,

Ok no problem.

1. I was predicted to finish 18th.

2. Striker has pace of 17 and no PPMs applied - he's scored 10 for the season in 14 games - remember everyone was misfiring in my first 5 games!!

3. I am getting a nice split of goals, if pushed I would say 60% crosses, 40% through balls but the football is high quality stuff.

4. Always run with control mate this season so far. I change around 70-75 minutes to contain if I am riding the game out but have used counter also and attacking all to some degree of success.

I hope this is helpful pal :)

Thanks, it's very helpful. I get the feeling that you're doing well because the tactic has a strong element of counter attacking and if teams are playing with an attacking mentality against you, it allows you to take advantage. That's why your striker is doing well, despite not having the required PPM. For the stronger teams like Man United, opponents will be much more defensive and unless the striker has the required PPM, he won't be as effective as a striker in a lesser team who is allowed more space to run into.

Thanks, it's very helpful. I get the feeling that you're doing well because the tactic has a strong element of counter attacking and if teams are playing with an attacking mentality against you, it allows you to take advantage. That's why your striker is doing well, despite not having the required PPM. For the stronger teams like Man United, opponents will be much more defensive and unless the striker has the required PPM, he won't be as effective as a striker in a lesser team who is allowed more space to run into.

Agreed. Based on your reply earlier I've put my striker on the beats offside trap PPM and I'll keep you in the loop on how it goes. Beat Arsenal 1-0 with 10 men now.

I'm off work this week as it's my birthday tomorrow so I'm all over this. Chelsea away next to see if I can get 3 wins on the spin during my toughest run so far.......

I'd like to add the corners seem really effective have you changed them from previous versions? Again nothing unrealistic but better than previous versions in my save at least.

Agreed. Based on your reply earlier I've put my striker on the beats offside trap PPM and I'll keep you in the loop on how it goes. Beat Arsenal 1-0 with 10 men now.

I'm off work this week as it's my birthday tomorrow so I'm all over this. Chelsea away next to see if I can get 3 wins on the spin during my toughest run so far.......

I'd like to add the corners seem really effective have you changed them from previous versions? Again nothing unrealistic but better than previous versions in my save at least.

No, corners are the same as before. Perhaps you have better corner takers or centre backs with a higher 'jump reach'... or it could just be good fortune. Do let us know what happens once your striker has learnt the relevant PPM.

No, corners are the same as before. Perhaps you have better corner takers or centre backs with a higher 'jump reach'... or it could just be good fortune. Do let us know what happens once your striker has learnt the relevant PPM.

No problems and yes of course my squad is better than that which won promotion. I will keep you posted without a doubt. My main striker is Marcus Rashford - 25 years old and Diaffra Sakho as my AMC and they are ripping it up. Rashford smacks the winner against Chelsea in a superb 1-0 away win so 9 points out of 9 against Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea. 3rd in the league 2 points off top spot!! I won't bore you after every match but I will update later. The football is fantastic to watch and mixed up between wing play and fast one touch passing through the middle.

Franky why you doing this to me, absolutely love this idea - actually failing to see this since FM12... Will test this one soon, you can't imagine how I hate that I can't get my strikers to score unless it's a cross...

you think that specific PPM's for attacking midfielder (maybe 'try killer ball often') would also help?

No problems and yes of course my squad is better than that which won promotion. I will keep you posted without a doubt. My main striker is Marcus Rashford - 25 years old and Diaffra Sakho as my AMC and they are ripping it up. Rashford smacks the winner against Chelsea in a superb 1-0 away win so 9 points out of 9 against Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea. 3rd in the league 2 points off top spot!! I won't bore you after every match but I will update later. The football is fantastic to watch and mixed up between wing play and fast one touch passing through the middle.

That's better than I could have imagined. Quite amazing in fact. Are you making any other changes at all?... player roles or anything else?.... Have a good think about what exactly you are doing and I'd appreciate if you could slide that info my way as I need your formula :lol:

Franky why you doing this to me, absolutely love this idea - actually failing to see this since FM12... Will test this one soon, you can't imagine how I hate that I can't get my strikers to score unless it's a cross...

you think that specific PPM's for attacking midfielder (maybe 'try killer ball often') would also help?

Funny you say that because I've set my attacking mid and both inside forwards to learn 'tries killer balls often'. The only reason I haven't suggested it in the original post is because I need to see how it plays out once they've acquired the PPM as I prefer to suggest things based on on experience rather than theory.

That's better than I could have imagined. Quite amazing in fact. Are you making any other changes at all?... player roles or anything else?.... Have a good think about what exactly you are doing and I'd appreciate if you could slide that info my way as I need your formula :lol: QUOTE]

Mate, you may not like this but I have done nothing else whatsoever pal. Even some of my players are hitting around 6 or 7 in the circle and still they do the business. Hope I haven't ruined your plan!! It still rolls on. I suffered a 3-2 reverse to fellow challengers Liverpool after being 2 up but I got cocky and it was my game management that did for me.

Madhatter, I get the feeling the fact that other teams see you as a pushover and play attacking football, that feeds into your hands and I imagine you're scoring lots of goals on the counter, right?

Franky, Do you set OI's?

No, I leave that to the ass man. Perhaps a tactic would work better with them, I don't know as I've never set OI's myself.

Franky you may be close there. With Sakho and Rashford both getting lengthy injuries I've had a tough run. I upped my expectations when 2nd in January to Europa League qualification and even that will be a right battle now I think. Roll on summer to squad strengthen that bit more!

So, after a new save game was started this is how its going so far.....

Players brought in

Vardy - Has the PPM and scores for fun (cost a few quid though)

Pjanic - 8/10 roaming play-maker Plays killer balls, i find this helps a lot

The tactic takes a lot to learn and you can feel it at the start of the season. We are slowly turning it around.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Can't wait to get 100% trained and get other players. The future looks bright! The only blips are the 2 draws, in both games i conceded in the 90th minutes!

How much pace is needed for the striker, Franky?

I have Benteke (15 pace), who I normally despise because he is always offside, but thankfully the PPM comes in useful for this tactic.

After an awful start, the team has performed well, and of course it is still early days after 7 matches, we are sitting top.

I have made no transfers.

However, I don't feel the tactic is doing what it is designed to do. Only one goal has come from a through ball from my memory, although the stats page says 2.

Nearly all the goals have come from a cross/free kick.

Are there any changes you would recommend?

I have my RPM, Milner, who has PPM plays killer balls often.

I am training my CM-DE on the same.

frankytest.png

image url upload

Franky you may be close there. With Sakho and Rashford both getting lengthy injuries I've had a tough run. I upped my expectations when 2nd in January to Europa League qualification and even that will be a right battle now I think. Roll on summer to squad strengthen that bit more!

Yeah, injuries to key players is a bitch, especially if the backups aren't of a similar standard. Summer transfer window is my favourite part of the game :)

How much pace is needed for the striker, Franky?

I have Benteke (15 pace), who I normally despise because he is always offside, but thankfully the PPM comes in useful for this tactic.

After an awful start, the team has performed well, and of course it is still early days after 7 matches, we are sitting top.

I have made no transfers.

However, I don't feel the tactic is doing what it is designed to do. Only one goal has come from a through ball from my memory, although the stats page says 2.

Nearly all the goals have come from a cross/free kick.

Are there any changes you would recommend?

I have my RPM, Milner, who has PPM plays killer balls often.

I am training my CM-DE on the same.

Benteke is not quick enough. At a minimum, the striker needs to have both 15 pace and 15 acceleration in the top leagues. He needs to be able to pull away from the centre backs once the ball is played through and the fact that he can't do it often enough, this is probably the reason for lack of goals via through balls. As for other players, I've set all my inside forwards and attacking mids to learn 'tries killer balls often'. I've not done the same with my RPM and holding midfielder though but not because it can't work. I'm sure it can if they have good passing ability. Might take away a bit from playing the wing backs in though. I suppose you can only try it and see so if both your centre mids learn that PPM, let us know how it works out.

So, after a new save game was started this is how its going so far.....

Players brought in

Vardy - Has the PPM and scores for fun (cost a few quid though)

Pjanic - 8/10 roaming play-maker Plays killer balls, i find this helps a lot

The tactic takes a lot to learn and you can feel it at the start of the season. We are slowly turning it around.

Can't wait to get 100% trained and get other players. The future looks bright! The only blips are the 2 draws, in both games i conceded in the 90th minutes!

I see Vardy only has 7/10 as a complete forward. Make sure to train him for that position on 100%.... still takes a while, although he might be too old to make any progress there. I would advise to train Martial and possibly even Depay as complete forwards, whilst getting them to learn the PPM at the same time. In my United game, it took just 2-3 month for Martial to learn it. Also, set all inside forwards and attacking mids to learn 'tries killer balls often'. Keep us posted on how the season goes.

Tested this a bit and I think you really need a very good striker to pull this off, like Vardy or Dybala which unfortunately I can't afford ;) I'd say you need a striker with excellent physical and mental attributes (esp anticipation, decisions and off the ball) together with the beat offside PPM, because an average/decent striker (like the ones I have) doesn't seem to get many through balls even with the PPM. I'll have to try this with a very good striker, I really want this to work as intended :)

Also, I think the rating for roles/positions doesn't make that much of a difference and shouldn't really affect squad building that much, as I think I read on this forum that the only penalty/bonus for that is a small decrease/boost of the Decisions attribute, which is great if you can have it but shouldn't really harm players' performances if you can't. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/455906-Accomplished-vs-Natural-positions

Tested this a bit and I think you really need a very good striker to pull this off, like Vardy or Dybala which unfortunately I can't afford ;) I'd say you need a striker with excellent physical and mental attributes (esp anticipation, decisions and off the ball) together with the beat offside PPM, because an average/decent striker (like the ones I have) doesn't seem to get many through balls even with the PPM. I'll have to try this with a very good striker, I really want this to work as intended :)

Also, I think the rating for roles/positions doesn't make that much of a difference and shouldn't really affect squad building that much, as I think I read on this forum that the only penalty/bonus for that is a small decrease/boost of the Decisions attribute, which is great if you can have it but shouldn't really harm players' performances if you can't. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/455906-Accomplished-vs-Natural-positions

Thanks for that info. Bit of an eye opener for me, as I've been gassed up on the role ratings up until now :lol: I'm gonna have a good read of that link you've provided and see where it takes me. I just assumed that it was quite important to have players 8, 9 or 10/10 for their role/duty.

As for your striker not being as effective as you'd hoped, I would suggest that you should get your Inside Forwards, Attackin Mid and RPM to learn the PPM 'tries killer balls often'. I have Mata who has that PPM and he puts the striker through on goal regularly, leading to lots of one on ones with the keeper.

Thanks for that info. Bit of an eye opener for me, as I've been gassed up on the role ratings up until now :lol: I'm gonna have a good read of that link you've provided and see where it takes me. I just assumed that it was quite important to have players 8, 9 or 10/10 for their role/duty.

As for your striker not being as effective as you'd hoped, I would suggest that you should get your Inside Forwards, Attackin Mid and RPM to learn the PPM 'tries killer balls often'. I have Mata who has that PPM and he puts the striker through on goal regularly, leading to lots of one on ones with the keeper.

yeah from what I've read in most similar threads role ratings are a 'guide' for understanding default roles but attributes always play the bigger part, especially for specific intended instructions. Also ratings refer to default roles so when you tweak PI's the rating loses most of its meaning I guess, it's a bit like having the old sliders system, just without sliders. Also anyone can correct me if I'm wrong :)

About the striker and through balls, from what I've seen it's more about nature of current ME than this tactic, I think it's quite hard to effectively rely on killer passes for the striker as the main option, unless it's a pure counter attack situation. This is because of the space that is often left on wide areas especially due to suspect defensive behavior of fullbacks, which tends to favor wing play.

On the other hand I never really have world class strikers with excellent physical/mental attributes (it's easier for me to find playmakers/inside forwards with good technical/creative attributes) so I think this COULD be achieved with high level personnel with specific skillset, like Dybala and Vardy. I also have the biggest trust in your tactical creations, not sure how many people are aware of the old BLITZ :)

about roles suitability, this is taken from http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/assessing-your-team '...(best roles and duties of each player) are calculated simply by averaging the ratings of key attributes for each role, meaning that they do not effectively assess abilities, while they also do not take into account preferred moves. As such, it is advisable to assess suitable roles for each player yourself.'

about roles suitability, this is taken from http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/assessing-your-team '...(best roles and duties of each player) are calculated simply by averaging the ratings of key attributes for each role, meaning that they do not effectively assess abilities, while they also do not take into account preferred moves. As such, it is advisable to assess suitable roles for each player yourself.'

If one has the editor, a simple play around with the figures and seeing what effect it has can be most enlightening.

That said, I normally aim for 8 pins out of 10. If nothing else, it makes me feel more confident in a tactic/formation/player.

I dont know how you guys get so good results with this or any tactic in the game! I let the best coach do the teamtalks, and the best coach do the OI's. All it seems I do is pick the squad :D

I hear you. I'm into April in my second season with Man United and have lost 7 games in all competitions so far, which is more than I expected but I've dominated all those games except for a 1-0 defeat away to Man City, which they just about shaded. So 6 times I've been FM'd and pretty badly more often than not....... and that's not mentioning the times we've killed the opposition and somehow could only manage a draw. Every game I've either had Martial or Dybala up front so it's not due to poor strikers either. I think it's just the way it is unfortunately. I can understand people doing well but can never fathom how they go all season with just one or two defeats, irrespective of what tactic they use.

I hear you. I'm into April in my second season with Man United and have lost 7 games in all competitions so far, which is more than I expected but I've dominated all those games except for a 1-0 defeat away to Man City, which they just about shaded. So 6 times I've been FM'd and pretty badly more often than not....... and that's not mentioning the times we've killed the opposition and somehow could only manage a draw. Every game I've either had Martial or Dybala up front so it's not due to poor strikers either. I think it's just the way it is unfortunately. I can understand people doing well but can never fathom how they go all season with just one or two defeats, irrespective of what tactic they use.

It's definitely been the hardest ME to crack.

Mine?

Quite simple really...Before the match i tell them i expect a win. Half time - if we have a lead of 2 or more i tell them they are playing well. If we are drawing or just leading by the 1 goal i tell them im unhappy with the performance. Its the same at full time

Mine?

Quite simple really...Before the match i tell them i expect a win. Half time - if we have a lead of 2 or more i tell them they are playing well. If we are drawing or just leading by the 1 goal i tell them im unhappy with the performance. Its the same at full time

Widowmaker, you're doing really well. Interesting that you have a team talk formula. I play the touch version of the game where the ass man takes care of most things.

Right, I've got mixed feelings as far as my season is concerned. I have dominated every game except 3 or 4 and even those were very close affairs. However, I've been FM'd pretty badly in some games. Lost six Premier League games in my second season, whereas only one defeat last season using STEROID ABUSE. I'm getting the feeling that it might be because I'm doing the team training myself, whereas last season I left it to the ass man. Anyway, the funny thing is that despite my disappointment at so many defeats, have won the Capital One Cup and got three big games coming up. Just need to beat Leicester at home on the last day of the season to wrap up the league title as Chelsea are just a point behind, then it's Swansea in the FA Cup final and a week later the Champions League final against Atletico Madrid, having got there via a very tough route..... PSG in the first knockout round, Bayern in the quarters and Man City in the semi. One would think it's been a fantastic season so far so am I wrong in feeling slightly underwhelmed???

3_big_games_to_go.jpg

adult image host

Franky My season fell away badly and unfortunately I reverted to the same 442 tactic which took me to promotion the previous year from The championship. It gave me 5 wins in my last 7 games to finish 7th and thankfully got in to the Europa League with an penalty shoot out FA Cup Final win over Arsenal. I was getting hit 4, and 5-0 in a shocking run but I like how this tactic generally plays out so am going to give it another shot. I have only been able to improve the squad slightly so am nsure how I'll get on.

I started the next season with a completely untried tactic and lost 2-0 at home to Fulham and 5-0 away to a poor Chelsea side. I went back to the 442 and finished the evening with a 2-0 win over Spurs. I am going to give this 442 an extended run first with a view to going back to this at the end of the season or if the tactic fails to produce. In the meantime, I hope I have elped and besy of luck with this or any other tactics pal. :)

well Franky it's still good that in a disappointing season you can still win everything ;) I see you stumbled in the typical string of bad results, probably lost first game with some bad luck and the team refused to win for the next 4-5 games. Happens quite often since the old CM days, this morale thing can get out of control, worst thing that can happen in FM is losing a game :lol:

How are you doing with the through balls? Creating those chances consistently? Still very interested in this! I've signed a developed, 25 year old James Wilson at the end of the season with the idea of making him the designated striker for this tactic, should be a good fit once he learns the offside PPM.

am I wrong in feeling slightly underwhelmed???

You are in the running for everything! Good season! Maybe it felt hard as most games are won by 1 or 2 goals. Always feels tight those games.

Yes, haven't scored as much as I'd have liked but been up against a super keeper so often it's unreal. Most of those close games, we absolutely battered the opposition, then crazily I have to go 'contain' last 20 minutes just to be on the safe side...... very frustrating. I've paused my last league game of the season against Leicester on 70 minutes. Need a win to clinch the title but up against a super keeper again. I mean seriously, just look at the match stats. Should be way, way out of sight but I'm now gonna switch to 'contain' and fully expect a nervy finish when really, that should never be the case. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if they get an equaliser with their one and only shot on target..... it's happened way too often for my liking this season. Check out post #11 on this thread for a couple more classic examples of the 5shit that I've had to put up with :lol:

70_minutes_vs_Leicester.jpg

post images

Franky My season fell away badly and unfortunately I reverted to the same 442 tactic which took me to promotion the previous year from The championship. It gave me 5 wins in my last 7 games to finish 7th and thankfully got in to the Europa League with an penalty shoot out FA Cup Final win over Arsenal. I was getting hit 4, and 5-0 in a shocking run but I like how this tactic generally plays out so am going to give it another shot. I have only been able to improve the squad slightly so am nsure how I'll get on.

I started the next season with a completely untried tactic and lost 2-0 at home to Fulham and 5-0 away to a poor Chelsea side. I went back to the 442 and finished the evening with a 2-0 win over Spurs. I am going to give this 442 an extended run first with a view to going back to this at the end of the season or if the tactic fails to produce. In the meantime, I hope I have elped and besy of luck with this or any other tactics pal. :)

Thanks for all the feedback. It's been very helpful plus interesting reading :)

well Franky it's still good that in a disappointing season you can still win everything ;) I see you stumbled in the typical string of bad results, probably lost first game with some bad luck and the team refused to win for the next 4-5 games. Happens quite often since the old CM days, this morale thing can get out of control, worst thing that can happen in FM is losing a game :lol:

How are you doing with the through balls? Creating those chances consistently? Still very interested in this! I've signed a developed, 25 year old James Wilson at the end of the season with the idea of making him the designated striker for this tactic, should be a good fit once he learns the offside PPM.

Yes, lose one game, morale drops and things can snowball. I try to have the players with poor morale on the bench for easy home fixtures so I can bring them on once the game is won. I find that to be the safest way of getting their morale up.

As for the through balls, I've tried the tactic with good, fast strikers who DON'T have the 'likes to beat offside trap' PPM and the killer balls just aren't there because the striker is just not up for it, therefore the rest of the team don't look to play them. Worse than that is that I found it negatively impacts on the result as well. I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't but my limited experience tells me that it does, therefore if you don't use a striker with the PPM then this tactic quite simply won't get the results that one might expect. In such a scenario, my other tactic STEROID ABUSE is better.

This is how my season is looking since my last update. The only loss coming in a cup game Vs Chelsea in witch i changed the team around (look at the second leg ;) ) Thats just 1 loss in 7 months!

image.jpg

Here is a pic of my teams stats. Vardy is a beast and Martial is plying much better after learning the PPM. Mata was playing very nice until he got injured for 5 month, just got Isco and early signs are good.

image.jpg

As you can see from below, My goals are spread very nicely. A good mix from crosses and through balls.

image.jpg

Im a massive fan of this tactic. I was using Knap midsummer 442 before and had massive success with it but ive always like to use a AMC. I will update at the end of the season.

Season finished and it couldn't have gone better, looking forward to next season!

A clean sweep, that's good going :applause: Only problem is what motivation will you have for next season as you've won all there is to win? Can you post your fixture schedule/results and final Premier League Table as I'd like to analyze a few things and will perhaps have a few questions for you...... thanks in advance :)

Here are the tables ect...

Its important to know that as the league was ending i changed my team a lot to give the youth ago. I've counted 4 of the 6 draws and the 2 defeats in the prem. I was confident of securing the title due to being miles in front.

image.jpg

The fixtures before this date are in post 37 & 45

image.jpg

The motivation will come from tring to bring the youth through to the first team. Ive let Rooney & Bastian Schweinsteiger go and replaced them with Renato Sanches & Dybala. i was very happy with Vardy (37 goals) but as he is 29 i would like to run more with Martial and Dybala this year. I also brought in Javi Martínez to play the CM role as Schweinsteiger & Schneiderlin were very up and down.

The motivation will come from tring to bring the youth through to the first team. Ive let Rooney & Bastian Schweinsteiger go and replaced them with Renato Sanches & Dybala. i was very happy with Vardy (37 goals) but as he is 29 i would like to run more with Martial and Dybala this year. I also brought in Javi Martínez to play the CM role as Schweinsteiger & Schneiderlin were very up and down.

Thanks for that. I wanted to ask you..... seeing as you've done a clean sweep in your first season with this tactic, I think that qualifies you to give out some tips/advice on how you went about things. Training, team talks, match prep, switching mentalities or tempo etc etc...... spill the beans then :)

Archived