Rabona!

So one of my players just assisted a goal with a rabona cross. Had never seen a rabona in FM, didn't even know it was in the game so that was pretty cool.

Now I want more!

New addition this year.

swansong, if you have any examples of low flair players trying to pull of a rebona or low technique players being able to they're worth raising with teh match engine team. In early testing it was too common but after a few tweaks the use seemed to be about right so any additional examples would be appreciated.

The rabona pass appeared in one of the FM 16 match engine trailer but I just watched it happens once here.

@kandersson I would like more different skills in FM, beyond rabona, feint body (including stopped), fake shot, more diving headers, acrobatics shots (like Ibra, like a Zico's goal in J-League or a Cruyff's goal with Barça en La Liga in 70's), bring the stepovers back, rabona shots and all this stuff. Just bringing these skills will help the striker finishing better because they will find better spaces before finishing, instead shotting on the defenders silly.

Those new skill animations should come on stream as SI get more mo-cap work done, it was only introduced last year & they are rightly concentrating on the basics of movement, passing, shooting & keepers.

The rabona pass appeared in one of the FM 16 match engine trailer but I just watched it happens once here.

@kandersson I would like more different skills in FM, beyond rabona, feint body (including stopped), fake shot, more diving headers, acrobatics shots (like Ibra, like a Zico's goal in J-League or a Cruyff's goal with Barça en La Liga in 70's), bring the stepovers back, rabona shots and all this stuff. Just bringing these skills will help the striker finishing better because they will find better spaces before finishing, instead shotting on the defenders silly.

yeah those would be nice. I remember the stepovers were a bit silly I think in FM11 as most players with flair 18 would sometimes do a full-court stepover dribbling gliding past multlple defenders. I had Verratti doing this all the time :lol:

Of course I'm not playing FM for the advanced graphics and breath taking animations, I do agree that some diversity especially in finishing would be a good thing. Used to see more lob shots or rounding keepers in previous games, or so it seems.

Those new skill animations should come on stream as SI get more mo-cap work done, it was only introduced last year & they are rightly concentrating on the basics of movement, passing, shooting & keepers.

Maybe after that they'll get onto tackling :p

Archived