Do I Need Help?

I returned back home today after another long exhausting day in an office that despite the relatively warm temperature still has its heating switched to max, resulting in me being reduced to a sweaty sleepy mess by half 4. After which with the prospect of a 3 mile walk home, I just can't face the extra 2 miles detour to the gym, but I digress....

So I come home and fire up FM and continue my 2026/27 save where I am currently managing Manchester United after stints at York City, Crystal Palace, Everton, Barcelona and now United and out of interest check my Game Status page (I am playing FM13, I may add) and I discover that, somehow, this game has devoured 67 days, 1 hour and 48 mins of my life so far, so over 2 months since November 2012 have been spent playing this, please, fellow FMers, tell me I am not alone?!!

If all of that time spent is actually playing the game and not just having it run in the background , then it is certainly a LOT of time. Many of us, over the years, have got totally enveloped in one save or another, but that is quite a feat. I am sure, however, that someone, somewhere could beat that if they see this thread.

If all of that time spent is actually playing the game and not just having it run in the background , then it is certainly a LOT of time. Many of us, over the years, have got totally enveloped in one save or another, but that is quite a feat. I am sure, however, that someone, somewhere could beat that if they see this thread.

I can remember booking 2 days off work a Thurs' and a Fri' and playing this through to Sunday eve. I remember seeing some book about how FM ruined his life. With my first on the way, I may need to bin the game and my laptop to avert such a disaster. I hope some one does see it and beat it. I've never seen the point of running it in the background. However, this is a save which began in November 2012, so I've had 3 and a bit years to work on it. However according to my rudimentary maths skills my play time equates to 18% of my life since this point. In comparison to the only other game I have spent a large amount of time on is Skyrim at a mere 516 hours. Yeah I really need help. Guess I'll have to bin this save and find a new hobby. I hear cross stitch is fun.....

Nah, sounds perfectly normal to me. I've clocked up a similar time on FM12 and a total of about 2,400 hours on versions 12-16 combined. So yeah, don't worry about it. The lack of response was down to everyone being too consumed by the game to notice.

Slightly Awkward, your response didn't show up when i replied originally, this is reassuring. Still, wonder if it's time to 'break up' with FM13 and getting with a younger more attractive model.

Archived