FM16 Additional & Extended Leagues Youth Only Challenge

First and foremost I'm sorry if this isn't allowed but I thought there should be a challenge for those who want to do the Youth Only Challenge but with extended leagues (take the EEE England update or the Italy down to Promiozone file for example) or additional leagues (such as any of Claassen's leagues) but have nowhere to post updates, I'm hoping this will garner some interest as I recall a few years ago there being an extended Dafuge Challenge and an extended Gundo Challenge.

The rules are going to be the same as the Youth Academy Challenge minus the editor data, but you aren't allowed to use the in-game editor and you're not allowed to give any clubs an unfair advantage.

The rest of this information is taken from the regular Youth Only Challenge:

Database Settings

Mandatory

• Only load the Nation you’re managing in

• Database size can be small, medium or large

• Advanced Options have to be as shown here --> http://i.imgur.com/Tmlt92S.jpg

Optional

• Any additional settings in the ‘Advanced Database Setup’ – Due to us not being allowed to buy players, adding extra players just adds to the realism of your game and potentially slightly increases difficulty. NOTE – It is highly recommended you add the highest unplayable leagues for your country, as this will help make sure the promoted teams (you will be taking control of) have players. As an example, this is what I loaded for Croatia - http://i.imgur.com/Xre3XJO.jpg

• Players from Top Clubs in Africa/Asia/Europe/North America/Oceania/South America is also recommended

Steps When Getting Started

1. Add yourself as an unemployed manager. Call him holiday man if you want.

2. Go on holiday until the reset date of your nation or the day before if you’re planning on reloading.

3. Retire the manager

4. Add a new manager with your chosen nationality and the lowest possible reputation and qualifications

5. Choose the newly promoted club of your choice. (If there is no relegation then choose the team that finished last the previous season)

Rules for the Challenge

• No loans or transfers in are allowed but you can sell and loan players out.

• If you are sacked, sorry, you have to start again.

• No save game editors are allowed. Only cosmetic database edits are allowed. (Team/competition names/logos)

• No international management until completion of challenge.

• Signing backroom staff is allowed. Signing players on trial or signing grey players isn't allowed.

Rules for this Thread

• Player naming is allowed.

• General discussion on tactics is allowed, although people should not refer to downloaded tactics. They are not banned, but I would expect the majority of people to avoid them.

• Screenshots for anything are encouraged but please post links to your pictures, don't post them as images as it makes the pages slower to load. Posts included embedded images may be deleted without warning.

• When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your manager's profile on the league reset date.

• Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. The beauty of these challenge threads is to share your story and to read others. Please keep us updated, even if you are not performing as you may wish.

Season Update

Youth Candidates

All Tagged Players Attribute page

Transfers (to prove that you haven’t signed any players)

Squad

League Table

Anything else is optional.

Also, some people like to nickname/tag their best players from each youth intake in chronological order. For example, you could nickname your best player in the intake in season 1 as *their name* YP01a, and so on. But this is not compulsory if you don't wish to.

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press Alt and F9

• A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM12 folder in your documents

• Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket

• Post the direct Url to the image here.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Good files to use:

Claassen's Leagues

Italian Lower Leagues

English Lower Leagues

Wales Lower Leagues

HamoudiLFC's Middle Eastern Leagues

Dan BHTFC's England to Level 23

400px-Mixto_EC.svg.png

Mixto Esporte Clube, usually known simply as Mixto, is a Brazilian football club from Cuiabá, Mato Grosso state. The club competed in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A several times and is one of the most popular clubs of Mato Grosso state. Mixto is also the most successful football club of Mato Grosso, having won twenty-four Campeonato Matogrossense titles.

The club was founded on May 20, 1934 by a mixed group of men and women, hence the club's name, but instead of using the correct spelling Misto, the wrong spelling Mixto was used, to differentiate the club from the misto sandwich.

In 1943, Mixto won the Campeonato Matogrossense first edition. In 1976, the club competed in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A for the first time, finishing in the 27th position.

Manager Profile - Club Background - Facilities - Squad - Key Player - Captain - Vice Captain - Season Expectations

First things first is to get some staff in!

Associacao_Cultural_e_Desportiva_Potiguar_Mossoro_logo.gif

Associação Cultural e Desportiva Potiguar, commonly known as Potiguar or as Potiguar de Mossoró, are a Brazilian football team from Mossoró. They won the Campeonato Potiguar once and competed in the Série A twice.

They were founded on February 11, 1945, as Esporte Clube Potuguar by a group of sportsmen. They fused with Associação Desportiva Potiguar on June 19, 1953. The club won the Campeonato Potiguar in 2004. Potiguar competed in the Série A in 1979, when they were eliminated in the first stage. The club was eliminated in Copa João Havelange's first stage of the Green module in 2000.

Manager Profile - Club Background - Club Details - Facilities - Expectations - Squad - Best Player (1) - Best Player (2) - Captain - Vice Captain - Under 20's - Best Youth Player

Potiguar - Brazilian National Fourth Division - 2016

State Championship Fixtures

Opening Stage

Closing Stage

I'm very pleased with how we did getting a 5th and a 3rd, there's a big gap in quality between the top and bottom teams and I can be very pleased that we were the only team to stop ABC from winning a game for the entire championship!

Fourth Division Fixtures

Fourth Division Table

It may say that we were the Champions, but we're not, we own just 3 games out of a possible 11 in total and we really don't have the quality for the Third Division in my opinion!

Brazilian Cup - We managed to make it to the 3rd Round before losing to a much better Coritiba side.

Transfers - None

Squad

Youth Candidates

Best Candidates:

Marcao (YP1a)

Neto (YP1b)

Marcos Andre (YP1c)

Carlos Alberto (YP1d)

Iranildo Souto (YP1f)

Season | State Championship | Position | National Division | Position | Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016   |   Potiguar State   | 5th/3rd  |  Fourth Division  |   1st    | Lost Promotion Playoff

Not happy to say that sack. Will you back to Mixto until you come out better? No link for youth candidates?

I'll be staying with Potiguar for the forseeable future and no link, I did take screenshots but when I got sacked I didn't see the point of putting them up.

Potiguar - Brazilian National Fourth Division - 2017

Opening Stage

Closing Stage

An improvement on last year, we lost just 2 games in total but unluckily we just missed out on both of the stages finals but as long as we keep our players I can hope for 3rd/4th next year.

Fourth Division Fixtures

Fourth Division Table

Not as good to be honest, we were in 4th and likely to be relegated going into the last game of the season but thankfully we won and that pushed us into 2nd where again we lost in the Promotion Playoff.

Brazilian Cup - Not entered.

Transfers - We lost YP1a to Portuguesa of the 2nd Division :(

Squad

Key Players:

Magno

Vitor

Heniberto

Maicon Douglas

Youth Candidates

Best Candidates:

Biquinho (YP2a)

Matheus (YP2b)

Ruan (YP2c)

Raimundo Nonato (YP2d)

Denilson (YP2e)

Rogelinho (YP2f)

2016   |   Potiguar State   | 5th/3rd  |  Fourth Division  |   1st    | Lost Promotion Playoff
2017   |   Potiguar State   | 3rd/3rd  |  Fourth Division  |   2nd    | Lost Promotion Playoff

KF Naftëtari Kuçovë - Introduction

175px-Naft%C3%ABtari_Ku%C3%A7ov%C3%AB_Club_Logo.svg.png

Klubi i Futbollit Naftëtari Kuçovë is an Albanian football club based in Kuçovë. Their home ground is the Bashkim Sulejmani Stadium and they currently compete in the Albanian First Division. Founded in 1926, they first participated in the Albanian Superliga in 1946.

Keymer & Hassocks Football Club - Introduction Page

mt71ipH.png

7QcY79b.pngQEu51Bl.png

Keymer & Hassocks Football Club were formed in 2003 but pulled out the Mid Susex Leagues for 2 years before reforming in 2015. They are based at Adastra Park in Hassocks which is also home to Keymer & Hassocks Sports & Social Club, whose members founded the club. Although the club found success in it's early years the club struggled to keep hold of players, this is why, in 2015, the club set up a Youth team to bring through their own players, can the club find it's past success again from Level 23 in the Football Pyramid?

@Brenosantos - Interesting looking club choice there good luck and also, is the Brazilian any good?

@Dan BHTFC - That's fine, it would've been annoying if you'd have holidayed a season and Keymer & Hassocks had gotten promoted. Good luck on your very long journey :D

Unless that team is Red Imps because I don't think they can be promoted in FM16 since they're Lincoln's 'B' Team so if they finished bottom then take over the team that finished 2nd from bottom.

Ah yeah, totally forgot about Red Imps

Keymer & Hassocks Football Club - Season One

Mid Sussex Football League Division 10

mt71ipH.png

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a tough season, we were outsiders to win the league so finishing second was my aim. Results were mixed, we were outplayed at times but we just scraped second place and with it promotion to Mid Sussex League Division Nine!

Tester Challenge Cup - Wasn't happy going out so early, thought we would grab some silverware this season.

Squad - We have a very average squad, up front we have just enough but we are lucky to have a good centre back.

Finances - Finances are ok, nothing special.

Transfers

Youth Candidates Day

Simon Butler [YP16a}

Anthony Thompson [YP16b]

Mick Spearing [YP16c]

Max Alabaster [YP16d]

Wil Mills [YP16e]

Jimmy Dennis [YP16f]

Francis D'Sane [YP16g]

Career Summary:

[size=3]Season      Team                     League           Position         Ave. Att     Notes and Info
2015/16     Keymer & Hassocks        Mid Sussex 10    2nd              17           Promoted[/size]

Potiguar - Brazilian National Fourth Division - 2018

Opening Stage

Closing Stage

A very good Opening Stage where we played our first Final but unfortunately lost, we couldn't hold our form in the Closing Stage though as we finished down in 5th.

Fourth Division Fixtures

Fourth Division Table

At the third time of asking we've been promoted to the Third Division! Now the aim is to not go straight back down again, this also means that next season we'll be playing a lot more games.

Brazilian Cup - Drawn against Criciuma of the 1st Division and they were way better than us.

Transfers - The Chairman sold (YP2e) over my head :(

Squad

Key Players:

Maicon Douglas

Vitor

Franck

Youth Candidates

Best Candidates:

Jailson Vital (YP3a)

Palito (YP3b)

Aurelio (YP3c)

Pablo Moises (YP3d)

2017   |   Potiguar State   | 3rd/3rd  |  Fourth Division  |   2nd    | Lost Promotion Playoff
2018   |   Potiguar State   | 2nd/5th  |  Fourth Division  |   1st    | Won Promotion Playoff

Potiguar - Brazilian National Third Division - 2019

Opening Stage

Closing Stage

Another strong Opening Stage but again we lost the Final to America (RN) We were also strong in the Closing Stage this time as we finished in 3rd and we qualified for the Brazilian Cup again for next season.

Third Division Fixtures

Third Division Table

That was awful. We stayed up but only just and we only won 3 games all season although we did get 11 draws we struggled for the majority of the season.

Brazilian Cup - Amazingly we made it all the way to the 4th Round where we beat my old club Mixto and First Division club Internacional before losing against Palmeiras even after we managed to get a 2-2 away draw :(

Transfers - Just got rid of a tiny bit of deadwood, next season though I'll be looking to get rid of all of my high earners as well as youth players that are not going to make it since I want to keep the wages down and would rather suffer from a short-term setback and build back up than to cripple the club by keeping the best players here with the money saved I could eventually improve my Junior Coaching which is something I haven't done at all in my first 4 seasons.

Squad

Key Players:

Thiago Goncalves

Maicon Douglas

Franck

Iranildo Souto (YP1f)

Panda (YP0b)

Youth Candidates

Best Candidates:

Fred (YP4a)

Magno (YP4b)

Araujo (YP4c)

Hulk (YP4d)

2018   |   Potiguar State   | 2nd/5th  |  Fourth Division  |   1st    | Won Promotion Playoff
2019   |   Potiguar State   | 2nd/3rd  |   Third Division  |   8th    | Survived

Love the challenge of trying to keep my best players!

Halfway through the season, update soon

Looking forward to seeing it :)

For the extended leagues do you have to take it down as low as the file goes or can you set it at the level you want and bring a promoted team up?

You can do either/or, it's your choice :)

I am going to have a go at this in Andorra. Very ambitious but I like the idea of potentially building up a nation from your own system. I also prefer to start with very low rep/amateur clubs as well as it feels more realistic.

Tossed up between Andorra, Gibraltar and San Marino. Andorra was the only one of the three that actually had an unplayable club promoted after the first season so that is where I have started.

Will give it a season or two before updating to see how it goes.

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be giving this a go. Tried to do a Malta save using Claasen's edits but it was so hard and after three seasons of finishing bottom, no financial improvement, no improvement in players, I lost faith. It was impossible.

So, instead, I've gone to Georgia. Just running through the holiday now and will post my team and a first post in a bit.

• 1 month later...

Paravani Ninotsminda F.C.

So following on from my last post (a month ago...) here is my team that I've picked in the Georgian 3rd division.

suxiFC.png

I couldn't find a club badge for this team so I'd thought I'd go straight in with the league table of where the real team finished this season. Whilst they may only have finished 3 points off of 14th, the goal difference probably adds another 10 points onto the team above..!

Before I go on to my first season in charge, here is a quick run down of all the requisites. Here, here and here are all the details you need on my league setup, manager profile and loaded players. And here is where they finished in the 2015/16 season. Bottom of course. Enjoy.

Faclities ---- Squad 15/16 ---- Best Player

Ok so as you can see, I don't have much to work with. The better players from the squad were both on loan and the facilities don't inspire much hope. Tkeshaleshvilli was a shining light, only 20 years old and already the best player in the team, I had something to hold onto with him. Amongst the team there were some other decent prospects but nothing that screamed too much promise.

However, pre-season rolled around and despite a stumble in our first game, we played well and ruffled together 3 wins. A feat I was more than content with and gave me some hope for the season to come.

But then the season came...

GHUsUc.png

By the winter break we had clocked up just 14 points. Not bottom, but one place off, it made for unpleasant reading. I couldn't find a settled team or a tactic I liked, nothing seemed to stop us conceding. I was worried so I organised a few friendlies for the 2 and a half month long break against some small foreign teams that I hoped we could turn over and give us some confidence and I also focused on one tactic and made sure it was implemented on the players.

sozZad.png

And what a decision that turned out to be! Losing just once in our last 10 games of the season, and not to mention the 5 game winning streak to finish off, our season was saved. Pushed safely into mid-table - our competition expectations were to be competitive in the league - I was more than content and so were the board.

Table 15/16 ---- Position Graph ---- Squad

Youth Intake

The Youth Intake wasn't great but I got one immediate talent/prospect out of it in David Agbaljan. He slotted straight into the team and looks like he will be a mainstay for a few years to come. He received one of the two YP tags to be given out, the other going to Balkhamishvili who had the next highest potential according to my incredibly unreliable ass man. But he's got some decent physical stats and some high determination so I agreed and gave him the YP01b tag. We'll see how he does. As you'll see below I don't have 2 pennies to rub together so upgrading junior coaching or our facilities will be tough but I'll continue to beg and plead with the board till it happens.

Finances ---- Transfers

Finally, here are my transfers etc. My 2nd season has just started and started better than last. Not trying to get carried away but I feel like it could be a good one, especially now I seem to have a tactic that works in this division!

Ok, having a go at this in Tahiti using Claassen's update.

Out of the 9 teams in the second division, only one gets relegated, so I took over the only team that came up after the first season.

Meet the new manager of AS Vairao.

The facilities are very basic, and there is clearly a lot of room for improvement here.

The squad is pretty thin, with only 11 players. The youth intake can't come around soon enough.

The top player appears to be Ilan Dupont, a right winger with a skill level a bit higher than the rest of the players in the division.

Interestingly the transfer windows are 1st June to 10th August and 16-22nd November. Can't wait for them to close.

The top team goes up automatically and the runner up has a playoff against 7th (2nd to last) in the First division.

We are 4th favourite according to the bookies, with odds of 4-6 (why not 2-3?) to win the league.

There is a rule of maximum 3 non EU players in the match day squad. But this is not really an issue as every Tahitian player seems to have France as a second nationality.

2016/17 Tahitian Second Division

Five of our players got poached before the season began and another one in the November transfer window, leaving us with only five players for most of the season. Ilan Dupont and Jean-Baptiste Didier got called up to the national team as soon as they joined Tahitian powerhouses AS Dragon.

Even with grey players we managed to come from behind and clinch the league title and promotion. It could have been a lot more comfortable, as we had several comfortable leads we managed to turn into draws or losses in the last few minutes.

The other Tahitian powerhouse AS Tefana won the Oceania Champions league and qualified for the World Club Championships, instantly proving this was a possibility for a Tahitian team.

No club has professional players or decent facilities, so the competition is quite even in Tahiti. The key will be holding onto the best youth products.

There is almost no money in Tahitian football so qualifying for the World Club Championships seems the only way to improve the facilities.

The board have agreed to increase junior coaching budget and sent me on two coaching courses.

Transfers

Youth intake

YP17a, YP17b, YP17c, YP17d, YP17e glad we got a keeper, YP17f, YP17g, YP17h

2017/18 Tahitian First Division

Things started off shaky, but after reinforcing with eight players from the youth intake we had a full squad full squad of 21 players.

No players were transferred in or out and results really picked up after the youth intake.

We secured survival fairly comfortably in the end. Our top player from the 2017 intake, Jonathan Jullien, top scored with 9 goals from 22 games.

An interesting thing about the Tahitian league is that you can name five subs and make five substitutions which should help with youth development.

AS Tefana lost 0-3 to Al-Ahli (UAE) in the first round of the World Club Champs, but brought a lot of money into Tahitian football.

YP18a, YP18b, YP18c, YP18d, YP18e, YP18f, YP18g, YP18h

2018/19 Tahitian First Division

Survival was a lot tougher this season and we ended up having to play a playoff against Second Division AS Temanava, which we easily won 3-0.

The squad is filling out nicely, with Fabrice Hamelin joining Jullien as a reliable goal scorer.

New youth play, Nicolas Simon played in the national team at just 17yrs old, while Jullien also play for the Tahitian U20s team.

The board agreed to once more invest in the junior coaching and it seems to be paying dividends in the youth intake.

YP19a, YP19b, YP19c, YP19d, YP19e, YP19f

Only two players transferred out of the team, leaving a squad of 25 with five decent looking strikers.

AS Dragon secured a second Oceania Champions League victory for Tahiti in three years, beating Auckland City on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the final.

2019/20 Tahitian First Division

The youth products really came of age this season, destroying the league and winning it by 10pts with only one loss.

Having five decent strikers meant we had quality backup and could make the use of rotation late in the games. Goals were shared around the team a lot more than in previous seasons.

Emmanuel Jeanin got called up for the national team, then transferred out on a free. Noa Benoit and Tony Laurent also got called up, meaning five of the Tahitian national team came from our youth academy. Several players were also regulars in the Tahitian U20s team.

We got our first chance in the Oceania Champions League, winning the easiest group, before losing 0-3 to Auckland City in the semi-final. The other semi also had a Tahiti vs NZ match with AS Central Sport beating Team Wellington 3-1 but going to to lose to Auckland City 0-2 in the final.

AS Dragon lost 0-2 to Toronto in the playoff round of the World Club Cup, but the prize money meant there are now two rich teams in Tahiti.

AS Tefana went from Champions League winners to relegated to division 2 in just two seasons, showing how close the competition is.

We also managed a domestic double by beating AS Dragon on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the Tahitian Cup final.

The Players

Youth intake

YP20a, YP20b, YP20c, YP20d, YP20e, YP20f

2020/21 Tahitian First Division

Another league victory, although closer than last season. We came very close to a consecutive domestic double, but this time lost the Tahitian Cup final to AS Vénus on penalties after having far more chances than them in a 0-0 draw.

Four players decided to transfer out and for the first time, I released one on a free.

Our second Oceania Champions league campaign was not so successful, finishing bottom of the group.

AS Central Sport beat Auckland City 3-2 in the semi and Team Wellington 1-0 in the final to secure a third title in five years for Tahiti.

The board put me through what seems like and endless stream of coaching courses to give me my continental pro license. They seem willing to upgrade facilities, but need finance boosted first.

The youth intake looks to have provided three more potential stars.

YP21a, YP21b, YP21c, YP21d, YP21e, YP21f, YP21g

Season        Division               Position    Tahitian Cup        Oceania Champions League       World Club Cup
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17       Tahitian 2nd Div       1st         1st round           N/A                            N/A
2017/18       Tahitian 1st Div       6th         2nd round           N/A                            N/A
2018/19       Tahitian 1st Div       7th         Semifinal           N/A                            N/A
2019/20       Tahitian 1st Div       1st         Winners             Semi final                     N/A
2020/21       Tahitian 1st Div       1st         Runner up           4th in Group                   N/A

The League

Things started out well enough, and heading into the final round robin we were in second place with a chance of challenging for the title.

We then suffered a string of injuries to key players like Breton, Benoit, Jullien, Laurent and Ferrer. We proceeded to go on a run of just one win in the next seven games and dropped to 4th.

The Team

Pascal Chaput made good progress to top score with 12 goals and Tony Laurent chipped in with another 10.

The star from this seasons youth intake, Jerome Chiron, also made a promising start.

Only two players transferred out, but the squad has swelled a fair bit, so I need to choose who I want to keep.

We didn't qualify for the OCL this season. I've been struggling to figure out the qualifying criteria, but it looks like simply the top two teams on the table when the draw is made in early February. No Tahitian teams qualified for the semifinal.

AS Central Sport lost 0-2 to Sundowns in the playoff round of the World Club Cup.

YP22a, YP22b, YP22c, YP22d, YP22e, YP22f, YP22g

Season        Division               Position    Tahitian Cup        Oceania Champions League       World Club Cup
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17       Tahitian 2nd Div       1st         1st round           N/A                            N/A
2017/18       Tahitian 1st Div       6th         2nd round           N/A                            N/A
2018/19       Tahitian 1st Div       7th         Semifinal           N/A                            N/A
2019/20       Tahitian 1st Div       1st         Winners             Semi final                     N/A
2020/21       Tahitian 1st Div       1st         Runner up           4th in Group                   N/A
2021/22       Tahitian 1st Div       4th         Quarterfinal        N/A                            N/A

The League

After the disappointment of last season, the team redeemed themselves with convincing 6pt win, but were not really challenged in the final round robin. There are three round robins of 7 games, then the top four teams play what seems to be a meaningless playoff semi and final.

The Players

Player of the season was Pascal Chaput YP21a. He broke the club scoring record with 17 league goals, 4 in the cup and another 2 in the OCL for 23 goals from 29 games.

Another great performer who burst onto the scene was new youth intake striker Felix Renaud YP23a, who announced himself in style by scoring 5 goals in a single game in the Oceania Champions League. This instantly broke records for most goals in game for one player, most OCL goals for a player and contributed to most goals for a team in the OCL. He scored 4 more goals in the other 4 games to end with 9 goals in 5 OCL games.

There was a shock in the OCL with Auckland City failing to make the semifinals for the first time in this challenge. After Felix Renaud's heroics in the OCL group stage we took full advantage by demolishing AS Magenta of New Caledonia 3-0 in the semi and then an extra time win over Team Wellington in the final, becoming the 4th Tahitian team in 7yrs to win the OCL.

The youth intake provided us with a new star striker and first choice keeper.

YP23a, YP23b, YP23c, YP23d, YP23e, YP23f, YP23g, YP23h

Transfers

Extra Time

The board upgraded junior coaching to 'excellent' and are in the process of upgrading the youth facilities.

This should mean we have the best youth products in Tahiti coming through our academy.

The prize money from a round in the World Club Cup should open up some opportunities for improvements as well.

Five or six of our players are being called up to each Tahitian national team squad, making us the biggest contributor. Unfortunately the national team have not done anything special yet. Certainly nothing like repeating their Oceania Cup of Nations win in 2012.

2021/22       Tahitian 1st Div       4th         Quarterfinal        N/A                            N/A
2022/23       Tahitian 1st Div       1st         Winners             Winners                        N/A

I started this a few years ago as an extended Gundo challenge, I think I went to Latvia for it.

Fastbasher - well done are you going to take on the Tahiti team? Is that you now completed the challenge or do you have to win the World Club Cup

Fastbasher - well done are you going to take on the Tahiti team? Is that you now completed the challenge or do you have to win the World Club Cup

Thanks ashton321. I'm not taking over Tahiti yet, but perhaps eventually. I'm not sure exactly what the end goal for this challenge is, but I don't consider my personal challenge complete yet.

The OCL is a relatively easy challenge for any team in Oceania. The reason is that there is no noticeable difference in the quality of teams from the island nations. The teams from the league loaded plus the two NZ teams will always be favourites to make the semifinals.

After one youth academy upgrade, we are producing the best youths of all the Oceania Island nations. Our 16yr olds are going straight into the national team (11 of them from our youth academy at present).

I suspect winning the World Club Cup would take over 100 seasons of upgrades at the current rate, if it's even possible, but winning the playoff round and the quarterfinal is a realistic target.

The seasons do go quick. It takes 3-5 seconds to simulate a week between games.

The League

The board had given us a target of winning both the league and the cup. We failed on both counts and had a bit of an anticlimax from the previous season.

We did spend a large part of the season in the playoff places, but just one draw from the last four games sent us down to 5th by 1pt.

The Players

Underperforming all around. There were a few injury disruptions, but not a single player starred, or reached double figures in goal scoring. We did have a few more players called up to the national team confirming there is a fair bit of quality coming through the academy.

World Club Cup

We were totally destroyed 0-5 by Al-Hilal from Saudi Arabia. 2 goals each from Mohammed Al-Dossari and Fahad Al-Salman set up the rout and the humiliation was complete with a 61st minute own goal from Elliot Clement.

There is definitely a gulf in quality here to any team we face in Oceania.

The youth intake provided us with a new first choice keeper who also became the Tahitian first choice keeper straight away.

YP24a

YP24b

YP24c

YP24d

YP24e

YP24f

Transfers

The squad had grown quite a bit, so it was time to release all the dead weight.

Extra Time

With three failed takeovers we spent most of the season in a transfer embargo. Not that it had much impact.

The junior coaching was increased to 'exceptional', training facilities were upgraded and a second youth facility upgrade is in progress.

The board weren't happy with our performance and have given an ultimatum of 11pts from the next 5 games. First five games next season. This shouldn't be a problem as there is 4pts for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss. So we really only need 2 wins from 5 games when we will probably be favourites in all them.

2022/23       Tahitian 1st Div       1st         Winners             Winners                        N/A
2023/24       Tahitian 1st Div       5th         Semifinal           N/A                            Playoff

Interesting. The French national team manager, Phillipe Mexes, turned up at one of our games to watch some of our players for the French team.

Since they all have France as a second nationality, I guess the ones that haven't played for Tahiti are eligible. But essentially France would be calling up players that failed to make the Tahiti national team.

Archived