Werder Bremen

OLLMEISTER1

Has anybody had any experiences of managing Werder Bremen?

Looks a good challenge and one I may be up for, squad looks depleted of immediate quality but has some good youngsters coming through. Finances seem tight at beginning and not a lot of scope to manoeuvre.

Would be good to hear anybody's views and experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Bremen look interesting indeed.

After having a bash with Koln, I ended up trying a game with Hannover - mainly due to how poorly they are doing in reality and them having signed Iver Fossum. Didn't go too far with that game. Looking for something different, but the Bundesliga is still more appealing than most other leagues. Was considering Koln again but in looking through the Bundesliga, Bremen definitely held some interest.

They have some interesting talent, and they get a bit of money to spend, which is nice (compared to Koln and Hannover, which start with an empty transfer fun). Plus, László Kleinheisler has one of the more fun names to pronounce in the league. Might have to give them a try this weekend.

Finished the first half of the season with Werder Bremen. Transfer budgets turned off in first window, so no transfers. Things going rather well.

2v30e40.png

sffbd1.png

vmpqna.png

The Dortmund game was the best counter attacking performance I've ever seen on FM.

Aiming for a top 6 finish at the very least, though with Schalke, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg lurking behind me I have to be careful. The only disappointment is the loss to the plastic Red Bull scum in the cup, I rotated the team too much.

Tactically I try to make the most the squad's strengths of speed and work rate, covering up the many weaknesses including poor creativity, lack of wingers, bad defenders and defensive midfielders, bad goalkeeper etc. My possession and pass completion are the worst in the league. I'm Leicestering everybody at the moment.

Archived