Who might watch full matches because of 3D

I'd be much more likely to use 2D view to watch the full match. I only ever watch a full match to get my tactics right.

Why will you still use 2D? If done right then surely 3D will make getting tactics right even easier, and make the whole experience even more enjoyable, plus you can still watch 3D in highlights only. Just seems a bit strange you have already decided even though you haven't tried 3D, and in theory the benefits of 3d are greater than the other views

Why will you still use 2D? If done right then surely 3D will make getting tactics right even easier, and make the whole experience even more enjoyable, plus you can still watch 3D in highlights only. Just seems a bit strange you have already decided even though you haven't tried 3D, and in theory the benefits of 3d are greater than the other views

Faster moving, easier to see where your d-line is (yes, I know about widgets), the ability to see where the ball is all the time, the dots are great...

I'll watch goals in 3D and extended highlights in 2D. If I really like 3D and my computer can handle it (it's fairly new so I think it should) then I'll consider watching key highlights in 3D.

Faster moving, easier to see where your d-line is (yes, I know about widgets), the ability to see where the ball is all the time, the dots are great...

I'll watch goals in 3D and extended highlights in 2D. If I really like 3D and my computer can handle it (it's fairly new so I think it should) then I'll consider watching key highlights in 3D.

Faster moving? Both views move at the same pace *unless you mean your computer is too old to run 3D). Ability to see where the ball always is? I don't see how 3D will make that any more difficult. I can always see the ball in real football matches or when I'm playing PES. Same for d-line, I don't see how 3D will make it any harder to see where it is

I'll continue to do as I always have and watch the entire 90+ minutes of every match. I know this puts me in a small minority of players but I do it so I can learn the game of football. I am one of those Americans that thought soccer was the most boring game ever and couldn't understand what everyone else in the world was so excited about. After buying my first FM in 2006 I learned that football indeed is a great game.

So, I didn't discover football until well into my 40's which means I am trying to learn football while playing FM. Looking over the stats and watching highlights doesn't leave me feeling like I really know what happened in the match. I have to see the whole match to understand what is and isn't working. Remember, I have no instincts about the football like I do with baseball, basketball, or American football. Between watching what matches I can on tv here in the States and watching my little dots on the FM pitch I am slowly finding my way. I think\hope that the new 3d model will be another tool to help me understand the beautiful game.

I'll use 3D for nearly all my matches but when dealing with my tactics, I will use 2D. The same reason why real managers use a 2D view of their matches. You get a much better view of the game and whats going wrong than 3D will give you.

Oh, and I've tried 3D in almost every football game I've ever played :)

Not me - darn 10 letter rule.

Just add some spaces & a full stop afterwards. :p

I might watch my first ever match in full, but maybe not.

I'll see how I like 3D (& I think that I will like it), and will probably watch key highlights.

I'll use 3D for nearly all my matches but when dealing with my tactics, I will use 2D. The same reason why real managers use a 2D view of their matches. You get a much better view of the game and whats going wrong than 3D will give you.

Oh, and I've tried 3D in almost every football game I've ever played :)

That's fair enough then

I think we can all agree every single 3D match engine so far has been dreadful and that's why I never wanted it in FM. But if anyone can finally make a good one, it's SI :)

Faster moving? Both views move at the same pace *unless you mean your computer is too old to run 3D). Ability to see where the ball always is? I don't see how 3D will make that any more difficult. I can always see the ball in real football matches or when I'm playing PES. Same for d-line, I don't see how 3D will make it any harder to see where it is

1. Yes, I meant if your computer is too old.

2. When a player is dribbling in 3D there is a possiblity you won't be able to see the ball briefly behind his body. Unlikely, but possible.

3. Look at a screenie for the 3D ME. You can't see the whole pitch, only a (large) area where the ball is. When attacking corners, for example, or when you have a long period of pressure, you'll struggle to see whether the d-line is too high. The widgets could help with this ofc...

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but i never watch the games as i think it favours your result if you watch the text only. I have experimented with this before. I watched extended highlights for a few games and i scored 1 goal in 4. I then watched text for another 4 games and won 3 scoring 8. I think it has an affect watching the matches, especially the full match. It may of course of been coincidence but i doubt it.

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but i never watch the games as i think it favours your result if you watch the text only. I have experimented with this before. I watched extended highlights for a few games and i scored 1 goal in 4. I then watched text for another 4 games and won 3 scoring 8. I think it has an affect watching the matches, especially the full match. It may of course of been coincidence but i doubt it.

Coincidence.

Care to elaborate on how tactics will be "even easier" with 3D? Because I, personally, have always held the stance that 3D can't give us any significant information that 2D isn't already giving us, apart from determining if some penalties really were penalties.

I will provided the 3D actually shows your wingers beating full backs, or dominance of your centre backs over opposition strikers etc. Its no good been pretty if you can't judge who is or isnt playing well, or where your tactics need altering or team needs strengthening.

Hopefully though SI will come good again

Archived