This is why I love this game!

Football manager certainly is a whirlwind of emotions!

Been managing for 9 seasons now, started with a couple lower teams like Plymouth, after a few promotions I was offered Stuttgart job, won league after 2 seasons and then Arsenal offered me a job after failing to qualify for champions league 3 seasons in a row. As an arsenal supporter I was chuffed!

Anyway, just played a few games earlier, first against Man Utd, where a quality young English regen striker of theirs called George Dobson decides to have the game of his life and score 5 against me, on the back of a run of 12 wins in a row, my team got complacent! Recovered from the 5-1 loss away and went on to win a couple more games against some lower league teams no problem, then away at Chelsea. Kurt Zouma gets a 30 minute first half hattrick all from set pieces against the run of play! Tactical tweaks werent enough and went on to lose 5-1 again with my team getting under 6.2 ratings across the board, Chelsea just demolishing my tactics. Gave my team hell as it was just horrific to watch.

Next game decided to drop certain players in a fit of rage and gave time to my hot prospect youths and fringe players. Against Sheffield Wednesday who has become a force in my save with a spine of brilliant regens, consistent top 4 last few seasons, currently sitting two places below me in 3rd. Team talk gave me the option to "show the world what this team is capable of", went on to win 11-0 at home! Set the new record for goals in a prem league match.

Sessions like this really stick in the memory!

Sorry for the essay, just had to share this experience!

I guess they really did show the world!

i feel moments like that are really made by the low moments before them though. it draws you in, then it gets you angry and fuming and throwing the keyboard, and the next minute get the best result of your life.

Archived