How to Identify Players Who Will Make Money from Merchandise?

I recently signed Son Heung-Min from the transfer list for 2 million + 1.5 million wages as my scouts told me he would make £3.1 million per year in merchandise. Normally players I've made merch money from (Rooney, De Bruyne) have been superstars with massive wages - is there a way to identify players who have the trait of making money but aren't necessarily at the top of the game?

They generally need a big reputation in that country so the easiest way tends to be to look for the players with a high number of senior caps. Sometimes you can pick them up quite cheaply and it has a good effect, particularly if you pre-season tour in the country of their national team.

Is there any scouting settings that would help look specifically for them? Find me CASH COWS!

maybe like the one guy said try looking at players with at least 1 cap from high population nations without a lot of star players

i've always found in-game that asian countries are really good for shirt sales, not sure why, but multiple games and saves it's always been asian players for me that give me shirt sales boosts

It's all about reputation.. so generally speaking.. only the legends of the game will have any noticeable effect... and I mean tip top world wide international stars....

Do you get messages about it even when its a small effect?

Curious because I've gotten messages that referred to a boom in shirt sales due to x player but he wasn't even my top player let alone top in the world

Archived