5 star GPU for FM

Hi!

I'm building new PC. My current one is 10 yeards old! FM is the only game I play these days.

I want GPU that can run 3D match engine all settings maxed out. I dont really have any idea what would be good enough GPU for that job.

But I have decide to go with Nvidia. Is GeForce GTX 950 good enough?

The GTX 950 is reckoned to be a budget/mid range card only and while it will do a reasonable job with the graphics, there are plenty of others that will do a better job. Have a look at the GPU comparison/review sites and you will get a better idea.

... but the GTX 950 will probably be plenty powerful enough to run FM's graphics settings maxed out at 1920x1080 resolution, with a good margin. FM's graphics are not demanding. I'm guessing even the laptop GTX 950M (which is quite a bit weaker than it's desktop namesake) will do the job. Spending more money on a card more powerful than a GTX 950 if FM is the only game you want it for, will be pointless overkill.

Edit: Notebookcheck's benchmark list puts the GTX 950 roughly on par with Nvidia's top card of their previous generation of laptop cards, the GTX 880M. If that's the case, GTX 950 will also be a massive overkill for playing FM, because the GTX 880M most certainly was. I own a GTX 970M which is marginally stronger than the GTX 880M, and that too is of course massive overkill for FM, but I need it for much more demanding graphics than FM's.

I didn't have any problems maxing everything out (as far as i can remember)

with my previous GPU which was a Geforce 560GTX Ti.

A GTX 950 will be, as thomit says, a massive overkill for just FM; so you should be fine.

I get 5 stars using a radeon r7 M260, which is budget / lower end graphics. I'm not sure the benchmark is entirely accurate though, because l can't run it on anything higher than medium without getting a jittery effect.

I'm not a graphics whore, so I'm not bothered too much by this, but having a 5 star graphics card (according to the FM benchmark) hasn't been reflected in graphical output, so you might want to consider this when looking at graphics cards.

Archived