Leicester City - FM15

Hi,

Apologies for going back in time to FM15, but I don't seem to get on much with FM16. I'm in my 4th season with Leicester City, having won the FA Cup in the 2nd season, and then Premier League/Europa League double in 3rd season, hopes are high for the 4th season.

One thing that bugs me is the stadium, has anyone managed to get an expansion or a new stadium at all?

Thanks all

Hi,

Apologies for going back in time to FM15, but I don't seem to get on much with FM16. I'm in my 4th season with Leicester City, having won the FA Cup in the 2nd season, and then Premier League/Europa League double in 3rd season, hopes are high for the 4th season.

One thing that bugs me is the stadium, has anyone managed to get an expansion or a new stadium at all?

Thanks all

This is what annoys me. After a couple seasons, success is inevitable on FM. Simply because the AI managers are sleeping in their shoes

Three seasons is probably a little too soon, not sure what the expansion capacity is but that is probably more likely. Another 4 or 5 seasons of high level success & close to £100m in cash assets might see your club decide that a new stadium is a worthwhile investment.

Another considering is the ambition of the owners, if that's low then they might not feel that investing in a new stadium is worth the effort or cost.

Leicester only built the King Power in 2002 and you have to wait at least 20 years before building a new stadium in FM. Expansion should happen if the club reputation gets high enough and there's money to do it.

If your reply isn't relevant to my initial question then you're not welcome on my post.

I've asked a polite question, no need for sarcastic replies, just a simple yes or no would be sufficient.

Ooft, serious business this internet thing.

As far as I'm aware, you'll have to be filling your stadium constantly over a long period of time, have enough money in the bank, and even then you're at the mercy of the board as to whether they think it's a good idea or not. If you get a season where you sell out 99% of all tickets for all home games, you've probably got a case. Might be worth checking in the editor to see if there is any space for expansion at the King Power - if not, then the next option is a new stadium, and obviously that's a much bigger undertaking for the board.

Archived