Picture classes

deanmg33

Hi all,

again 2 questions from my side.

1. Is there any listing which picture classes available and how they called in FM?

2. I would like to decrease the club logo in a container. But only via the parameter scale_picture="true" and boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" its possible to change the logo in line to the container. Is there any way to decrease the logo - lets say to 100px?

Here the code:

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" gap="0">

<!-- Club Logo -->

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/fading/paper" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="primary" default_height="130">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset ="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="picture" file="custom/cdbg" image_alignment="centre_x" red_replacement="primary" blue_replacement="secondary" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true"/>

<widget class="picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true" >

<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />

<flags id="image_alignment" value="center" />

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />

</record>

</widget>

</container>

Thanks in advice

1. Not sure what you mean, the picture class is just used to call a picture and is generally used in the two ways shown in your code - either to call a particular image where you list the file path of the image or is used to call a game image (such as the clubs logo or a players face) which is done using the various property lines, there isn't a list of all of these as most of them only work on certain screens, there should be a list of the ids you can use to call the different types of logos around somewhere.

2. Adding a height="XX" and/or width="XX" bit to widget line for the picture should allow you to limit the size of the logo.

However depending on the rest of the code you might need to put the logo code inside its own container (see this thread for more information)

Thanks wkdsoul, works well.

Need to ask again regarding the picture classes or ids, because I didn't understand the proceed.

I will add a backgound pic for the Bundesliga (ID 22) competition panel. These are the steps which I proceed till now:

1. Create a folder in Football Manager 2016\graphics\Logos\Europe\Allemagne\Competitions\backgrounds

2. Add a picture named 22.png, add also an config.xml

3. These are the lines in the config.xml:

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">

<record from="22" to="graphics/Logos/Europe/Allemagne/Competitions/22/backgrounds"/>

</list>

</record>

I'm not really sure whether this lines correct? But my main question is, hot to call this pic in the competition panel?

For example the lines for the stadium pics:

<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" image_alignment="middle" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true">

<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</widget>

Now, how calls the widget class and id for the competition background? Or is it not possible because the widget class and id are hardcoded and those pictures can't be added?

The widget class and id determines what kind of image is called by the game, however these are context sensitive and as such only certain items will display in certain places (which you can only really find out through trial and error - for the most part it is a case of finding a screen in the game that displays what you want, you then check the xml files for the id and try it on the screen you want and see if it works).

You might be able to get the background image to display using the id "bgnd" (you might also need to change the class to "background"), however you won't be able to control what image displays if it does work it'll display the image for whatever screen you are on, so if you are on a club screen it will just show the club background instead of a competition one.

Archived