Number of players at club...

Hey guys. Bit of a random one but just wondering how many players in total people have at their clubs?

(Check by - finances - wages - overall)

When I looked I had 102 in total which seemed a bit much to me but I don't wanna go on a release/fire sale spree if that's around normal..

For the record I'm in the premiership and the numbers are..

6 key players

11 first team

9 back up

21 hot prospects

55 youngsters

It's the 76 youngsters/hot prospects that looks a bit high to me..

All seems a little high to me. I usually only have about 20-30 in the lower leagues. When up to the prem/championship I might have 40/50, depending on the youth intake. I wouldn't have 17 players expecting to start most games though (key/1st team), that's just a recipe for lots of moaning at you surely? I usually have 2-4 key players, another 4-9 first team, another 4-9 rotation/back up, and the rest hot prospect. Maybe a handful of fillers on young player, maybe not.

So long as the youth players are not immediately pushing for a move to the senior squad the number isn't a problem.

What is potential issue is that you have 17 players who are likely to expect to start every game so managing the personalities of the senior squad could become a problem.

Interesting, I was told by someone in the forums that if your youth team is to large you wont get a full intake the next date its due to come through. So i sold a rather good number of them

So long as the youth players are not immediately pushing for a move to the senior squad the number isn't a problem.

What is potential issue is that you have 17 players who are likely to expect to start every game so managing the personalities of the senior squad could become a problem.

Based on previous versions that's bad advice, not really assessed the behaviour on FM16 so it might have been tweaked.

I think they be getting confused with Touch. It's been commented on in that forum about squad size affecting the youth intake.

I'm in the premiership - regular champs league, playing 50/60 games every season, actually have no issues with playing time, no players moaning and morale is at a high -

it's called man management guys.. You should try it some time ;) lol..

Although admittedly. It probably helps that we are winning I guess

But yeah. As I thought, 76 youngsters is a bit much.. Time for a release spree I think.

Though it sounds crazy, it was said that Parma had 226 players on professional contracts before their relegation to Serie D. As long as you have enough money, there is no quota regarding how many players you can have on contract as far as I know.

Oh no I know there's no limit, it's just me being "picky" and doing a bit of cost cutting around the club and yeah.. Thought 76 was a little high, even more so when all the littleuns look useless :/

And in answer to all that are mentioning the 17 players, I should mention perhaps that 4 of those are under 21's who seem to be happy first teamers just picking up minutes from the bench, the lowest numbers of apps one of kp/ft made was 28 last season, they all manage around 35/40 games a season so I have no complaints from them :)

Archived