Welshy's Thread For The Under Appreciated..

Welshace

Welshy's Thread For The Under Appreciated..

Where the neglected come into the spotlight

Welcome,

Just a little thread to showcase any players I an find who I think need some appreciation from the FM community.. some love, some tender care.... Buy them and give them a go, feel free to add your own* ..Here, we shun the Ajers, the Barbosa's, the Lucas Romero's of the world....

*screenshot and a few details please

---------------------------------------

Johannes Eggestein

I just don't see enough people talking about this guy and his brother, surely must buys? he's cheap (under £2million first window) and becomes world class.

5a22e55a7eb1af99aea7ebda1db6c35d.png

Afonso Figueiredo

Cheap, reliable and young.. there aren't many left backs like this in the game available first season (<£1million)

2476dad0ff87aaccb7e475c5ce3b2f3f.png

Eran Zahavi

Been using him for a few seasons now, and he always performs as a top notch second striker or even leading the line, and again, cheap (<£6million)

bc4bb3f42f8576caf2c1e6d19cf16879.png

Daniel Bode

For any team below the Premiership, Bode is a complete, utter no brainer.. simply the best Targetman type striker you can get for the money anywhere... around £400k and he's got top attributes.

2a3c801802f1505bbcca868200b83369.png

Aaron Mooy

Cheated a bit here, I'd never heard of him before the new update, but he looks like a brilliant playmaker for teams struggling to find a cheap one. Will come for around £2million with negotiation.

1484b022d5046ed8b400c6c0e44dc1f0.png

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eggestein is electric, currently part of my NUFC team in 2020 and thriving. Not sure if he fits the mould because he was already on my team but if played correctly Massadio Haidarra is exceptional, rated around 2 million to begin with. I have played him as an attacking full back set to over lap and he consistently crosses well and assists on so many CCC it is unreal. He has been far and away my most consistent player in 5 years. The fact I had never played him and always sold him straight away shows how much I paid attention to him previously too.

I will upload a development SS of Eggestein later on.

As a real life Melbourne City fan, Mooy has been utterly phenomenal and will get a European move at the end of the Australian season. He's been underdone on his physical attributes too - he is a wonderful athlete. Strong, fast and runs all day.

My nomination, assuming it's not just limited to top level players, is Andre Boucaud. My go-to playmaker in the English lower leagues, he simply runs the show week in week out. On FM14 he was still doing a job for me in League One at 35 with awful physicals, and has been just as effective the last two versions.

Pj6Q0cM.jpg

yqQOWVJ.png

Hidde Ter Avest - first season looks to be available for less than £2m, this is him a couple of years in with AI development and i still reckon you could get something out of him.

lQsGloq.png

Armando Obispo - incredibly reliable and has so far not had a bad game for me whenever called upon. i bought him for £1.1m including addons in the first transfer window and already pushing for a starting place in my defence week in week out.

I also love Eggestein, I purchased both the brothers for around £12m in total and have them both on loan at a feeder club, he was Ligue1 top scorer last season and has looked class in the making

As a real life Melbourne City fan, Mooy has been utterly phenomenal and will get a European move at the end of the Australian season. He's been underdone on his physical attributes too - he is a wonderful athlete. Strong, fast and runs all day.

My nomination, assuming it's not just limited to top level players, is Andre Boucaud. My go-to playmaker in the English lower leagues, he simply runs the show week in week out. On FM14 he was still doing a job for me in League One at 35 with awful physicals, and has been just as effective the last two versions.

Pj6Q0cM.jpg

Looks great, how much did he cost you? and how low will be go I wonder?

I've never heard of this player before but for 6.5million in the first transfer window he looks quite bloody good. Very versatile. This picture is from August 2016.

8d99b84baa41df5ad4ed0344850f58eb.png

Chelsea snapped him up and he hasn't done great for them at all but I'm not 100% where they've been playing him.

He's at FC Twente when you start the game.

A player I don't see mentioned though he always ends up at a big club or doing well. I hate facing him he always assists or scores.

ba5c34cce3bcf3551f394f3cc12947c2.png

Could easily retrain to play as an inside forward on the left and he only cost PSG 8.5million :eek:.

Another I've never seen/heard of. Dortmund just spent 4.6mil to purchase him from Hertha.

7ccf93ee0c61853e502b073a40a9d64a.png

Solid enough RB, can play on either wing, looks pretty interesting. Hopefully I can sign at a later date.

Now I wonder how good this lad can become. Bought from RBL for 600k in the first season. Easily Championship quality at 17. Wonder if someone could make him a quality Prem striker. Another one I've never heard of.

9acf73478c8c3ca0a2795629e0e2797a.png

Eggestein is a freaking monster, had him on a Darmstadt save.

Another one is Borja San Emerito. Got all the key attributes to run the game from right back. Picked up for 1.4m too, in January of the first season.

41126781eb3e4bade3cbcf496a4b1f84.jpg

Borja and Eggestein are must buys in most cases for me; I am also quite a big fan of Fede, Toni Lato(who you can often get cheap eventually), Lukas Klostermann, Bjorn Engels and Patrick Pflucke. A LOT of young german youth are strong, especially Schalke's youth. In most cases I see Julian Brandt on transfer list by end of 1st season and he is a world beater winger akin to Zivkovic

If you want a technical young forward with some potential, and don't rely on pace, you could do worse than Mohammed Elyounoussi, pre-patch was available for about the 1.4m valuation.

6a35233bb595aa31089ab88a65d88df6.png

This guy was a personal fave in 15, and I never see him mentioned anywhere. Should be available very cheaply too. A stopper, reasonable to good distribution, and bat **** crazy, what's not to like?

7e2c3518adf9fbef4e4865a6bfc069a0.png

For some pocket change, this lad can become decent too. Maybe not special, but most clubs can do with cheap and versatile backups.

70d4e637e2ba088084da670a32c2a4ca.png

Ziyech, I buy him on my United save, I play him as winger on the right, but decent enough in centre mid

he is good with both feet, I actually bought him last patch as well, stats haven't changed much, if at all, a year or so in, and he has the PPM "Switches ball to opposite flank", the guys passing and this PPM make him deadly on the counter, as he always picks that crossfield pass. in current patch everyone and their dog wants him, in the first window as he costs around £6-7m, so if you want him on a new save I suggest offering him a decent contract (you get top clubs like madrid etc after him)

Looks great, how much did he cost you? and how low will be go I wonder?

Cost me £1k in Jan of second season. We are one of the smaller clubs in the Conference National but doubt he would go lower than that.

Always the first guy I shortlist when I play lower leagues as he is so composed and consistent, two qualities often lacking lower down.

Ziyech, ...everyone and their dog wants him, in the first window as he costs around £6-7m, so if you want him on a new save I suggest offering him a decent contract (you get top clubs like madrid etc after him)

Starting a new save and while I got the first offer in for £10m, before it was accepted Chelsea, Arsenal and PSG had gazumped me to £12m, and when I went to that, Twente suddenly wanted bids in excess of £14m. Eventually he went to Chelsea.

Some speed for a 35 year old!

Exactly what I was thinking, I was looking at his technicals and mentals first then glanced over to his physicals expecting them to be terrible but what a surprise!

Regarding his post patch attributes, I've checked and yes he has been reduced by 1 in almost every attribute.

Never heard of Thomas Delaney before, but for 1.4m he'll do an excellent job either holding the fort down or(like for myself) running about clattering everyone. Will accept lower wages than that too, had to spice the pot to keep away Premiership sides.

7e9b1ee457c2d2d5372b07383161e034.jpg

Right then, second season with Leicester and I have just signed Max Eggestein, CM/AMC, a year older than his brother and potential at 4.5 stars. Looks a right capture - paid £6m for him. Will post SS when I get home.

Pejman Nouri people, sign him up. I think his stats have slightly gone down in the patch, but barely. He's good for at least 1 season

Pre-patch attributes (I don't have a SS of him post patch)

VHcQa1V.png

Signed him for Augsburg in my first season. This was his output.

He looks immense! so he'd get a WP then? brilliant :)

Right then, second season with Leicester and I have just signed Max Eggestein, CM/AMC, a year older than his brother and potential at 4.5 stars. Looks a right capture - paid £6m for him. Will post SS when I get home.

Yeah he's great, not quite as good as his brother for me, but still.. and they make a brilliant double act :)

Yeah he's great, not quite as good as his brother for me, but still.. and they make a brilliant double act :)

To be fair, I bought him for 2 reasons, the second of which to have something to tempt his brother in future seasons.

ie4fBaT.png

Lad keeps appearing in my scout reports,looks very good. Bearing in mind i have Tielemans, Pogba, Ozil, Diakhite, Ramsey, Cazorla, Coquelin, Maia, Wilshere, Oxlade, Sanchez & Embolo to play in positions that he does and he gets a very good rating.

WFG8hj1.png

I have never seen him mentioned, anyone got any experience with him?

How about Rey Manaj, a fine young forward who can become great, and always available on a bosman in the first January. Will struggle for a work permit in January, but should pick up enough caps to get one if you wait until the summer. Or sign him and loan him out for one season. Inter have an option to buy, they'll not take up, and he won't re-sign at Cremonese as they're 3rd division side.

9efd6a09ff997c7b14821c8d2510c154.png

Pejman Nouri people, sign him up. I think his stats have slightly gone down in the patch, but barely. He's good for at least 1 season

Pre-patch attributes (I don't have a SS of him post patch)

VHcQa1V.png

Signed him for Augsburg in my first season. This was his output.

Doesn't get a wp post update :(

You just need to press the little image button on the comment box and put your link in..

And I like Zimling, But I tend to go for another Scandanavian experienced midfielder if I need one.. Wurtz.

I was posting the wrong URL in the link box.

Ludwig Augustinsson is a very solid left back for me, bought for a bargain price of £2.6 million at the beginning of the first season. He's turned into a key part of how my team plays and his average ratings are pretty great for a non-attacking player. Screenshot is from September of 2017.

0e1d1111c9633627aea7960a1b96cd63.png

98b160cf4030f75dbb8f7806f27d10d9.png

He's one of two of my go to leftbacks in the game when on a budget.. I love him.. so consistent.

Indeed, but clubs came after one season, and he wanted to leave. So I must now find a new left back. His crosses induce a total catastrophe in opposing defenses.

BxatBhk.png

Is this guy as good as my scouts say he is? After them raving about him, and me needing to boost my defense up, I signed him from Queretaro in Mexico. I wonder- if anyone used him.

And, a Celtic gem- for many. In my team he's doing OK.

lcEkG7h.png

Archived