recommending possible future staff role to players

what does this exactly do? when I offer it to a player and he stats, "I could make myself available now if you like" and I say that would be fantastic yes, the only thing that is different is their staff attributes now show up as well as their playing ones, but nothing else! they don't show up as a player/coach and they don't show up as being able to coach the team.

basically my question is why does he say he is available now yet nothing seems to change??

thanks.

The player won't take a coaching role straight away - they'll just be available to become a coach in the future. You'll have to give them a new contract to appoint them as a player/coach.

I don't know if its changed but from past versions:

Every time you suggest a staff role to a player and he agrees his bar for that job goes up (I think you needed three chats in the past with him to max a job bar out). The more chats you have about different staff roles the higher the staff role bars will be when he retires.

As soon as he takes on staff attributes the bars are fixed and he gets the attributes (Might be random, might be based on the roles can't remember).

That's fine, but why does he say he can make himself available NOW when he clearly can't?

He is making himself available. You can't offer him a staff role before and NOW he's immediately available to be hired as part of the staff - as long as you give him a position.

That's fine, but why does he say he can make himself available NOW when he clearly can't?

He basically means he would be AVAILABLE to be a coach should you offer the role to him, aka available as a non-player staff member. Logically, he can't simply slide a non-playing role into his current contract, but he would be available to accept a non-playing role should you choose.

Basically, you just need to offer him a new contract with a non-playing role, or as a Player/*insert preferred role here*.

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this.

so i’m In same above situation - chatted to player. He agreed to make self available immediately as staff. I said, yes please. His staff attributes now show. BUT when I offer him a new contract and change role to “player/coach” (or whatever staff role previously discussed, he rejects the contract, barring the mixed “player/coach” role from further negotiations. So despite him saying he’d make himself available immediately, he then won’t sign the contract to enable the transition,

Same issue effects 3x players in my team.

Any advice?

is this a bug?