making a domestic english team

england_zpsm41suhsr.jpg

Foreign players are too powerful and cost effective in FM, where the adaptability does not make huge impact like what happened in real life. I hardly see somethings like poor performance of Diego Forlán in PL and Serie A happens in FM.

Anyway, just thought a weird idea to build full english squad despite the high transfer fee and wage cost.

It is the third season and the first entry for Europa League. Hope the domestic power working out in continental competition.

BTW, good english players with reasonable transfer fee for DC, GK and left root are quite hard to find.

I have done this in 2 countries. Holland and England

It's not so difficult in holland to get a decent / good dutch players. The struggle is to KEEP the good players from being poached by the EPL or LaLiga or Serie A or Bundesliga.

Internation cups wise I was utter poop. I wont the league with ease but get my butt kicked in the CL.

In England it was very easy but cost alot of money.

Started with Rochester and went on for aprox 30 seasons. Full english squad. Eventually retired the manager but the club was in severe money problems. The stupid idea of being a 20 time league champion and a 20 time CL winner battling in a 45k capacity stadium made it very difficult. No they didnt wanted a new stadium. I understand it financially but i detested it because it held back progress.

Started out as a 35y/o journeyman manager with no experience whatsoever. Yes, I like torture... haha

Did it again with Manchester United.This took me a little longer to get working. Had to filter out foreigners each season 1 by 1. Replacements costs alot of money but after 6 seasons I had the full english squad. Winning leugue and cups (not every season thouhg) which kept me in the managerial seat. Won 2 CL and 2 Super Cups and 2 world league cups so they gave me some slack.....

but i did it. No unbeatable but i win the league without to much problems now. Internationally I have my hickups but im Always there at the semi's or finals.

Managed the club for 50 years. Eat that Fergie! :lol::brock:

Have done this with both Leeds and Everton to some extent.

Found it worked well with these teams as they've both a strong English core. A

Though like you say English players do cost a lot, especially those with a low current ability but lots of potential, no one wants to sell them!

For over 10 years, i dont know why don't SI make foreign adaptability more difficult. You can buy a player from other countries or leagues with total different football style and they can still perform 100% as their ability.

Many foreign players actually find it hard to adapt the playing style in local English clubs or the physical intensity in PL. Every club should have different level of localization for foreign players to adapt. Eg, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal are clearly easy for foreign players to adapt, where smaller local clubs are hard to adapt.

For over 10 years, i dont know why don't SI make foreign adaptability more difficult. You can buy a player from other countries or leagues with total different football style and they can still perform 100% as their ability.

Many foreign players actually find it hard to adapt the playing style in local English clubs or the physical intensity in PL. Every club should have different level of localization for foreign players to adapt. Eg, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal are clearly easy for foreign players to adapt, where smaller local clubs are hard to adapt.

I dunno, I think they have to some extent. Vary rarely do I find new signings from abroad adapt to the Premier League straight away.

That being said, I think one potential downfall is the way scouts for England may rate the Premier Leagues physical states very differently to say Spain, so a strong Spanish player in game may not actually be as strong as the Premier League equevelant in real life. If that makes sense?

Archived