3D 3.rd kits - did this just get fixed with the 16.3 patch?

thomit

I've downloaded and installed the season 15/16 3D kits (English Premier League) from Sortitoutsi, months ago. Managing Arsenal, I have never seen the team's 3.rd kits being used in matches. At all. Whenever the 3.rd kits should have been used, they've been replaced by the default 3.rd kits. First and away kits have been working fine. After the patch, for the first time the downloaded 3.rd kits are starting to show up in matches. Anyone else experienced this? And ... is there an explanation to why?

Could be a couple of reasons if the downloaded kit has only started appearing after the patch then it is likely there was a bug stopping it from appearing (or the patch tweaked the colour clashing code so it is now getting used more often), however looking at them in my game it looks like their third kit is a competition specific away kit, if it is cup games where the default kit appears then that will be the reason as it isn't possible for downloaded kits to show when a team uses a competition specific kit.

Rather ironicly looking in my game the only time they used the third kit as a third kit was when they played QPR when that kit would be the worst of the three to use.

Thanks for that. It's been rather erratic, I must say - I now have 5 different kits showing up, as both the default away and the default third kits pops up now and then. Only the first kit is stable; it's always the downloaded 3D kit, never seen the default first kit being used in matches. And I can't see any system to the madness; cup or no cup, europe or not europe ...

Itr's not a big deal, I can live with this fine. It's just a little bit annoying.

If its disappearing randomly then it might be a problem with the config file check to make sure you don't have a duplicate line for arsenals third anywhere that could be causing problems.

Also if you have the editor installed you can check that to see what special kits they have set as they might have multiple ones set that could be causing the problem, though removing them would only affect new save games, and I don't have the IGE so not sure if that allows you to remove special kits or just lets you recolour the normal ones.

Archived