Starting in Vanarama national and need financial advice

I have created a Canterbury team, Stuck them in Vanarama national. . Only problem i am having is transfer amount i should give them that first season. I know some will say just look at other teams and use the average but i have no players at all, none. except greyed out ones. so was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a amount. I dont want to go to high and it be unrealistic but i also want to have at least enough to field a small squad. Any help would be appreciated

i would try that if i was better at the tactical aspect of the game but im simply not good enough just yet for that. while i dont want to dominate the league i want to at least keep my head above water. Last time i tried to create a tactic i went 30 games without a win lol

You could go for a team of only "free transfers" and see how you do. Would certainly be difficult, but might add some fun.

Transfer budget- £0

Wage budget - £25k

More than adequate.

I'd argue that 25k is way too much in wages. A player on 1k wages at that level is very rare, no? So you could have a full squad of free transfers all on 1k/week with that. Not realistic

I do want to do that at some point. I just made my first tactic. when i sort of understand what im doing im going to do it. But right now there is no difference in me sitting here and making a tactic and my 5 year old nephew.

Just going on what gateshead threw at me.

Very few conference teams actually 'buy' players for money - maybe Cheltenham, FGR, Eastleigh, Grimsby. Most rely on free transfers, non-contract and loans.

As a guide the average wage at Torquay is about £350pw.

this is what i did on restart. added a few non contract guys . plus did some reading and Canterbury doesnt even play in herne anymore. they have a ground share with ashton utd and play there so changed that

Very few conference teams actually 'buy' players for money - maybe Cheltenham, FGR, Eastleigh, Grimsby. Most rely on free transfers, non-contract and loans.

As a guide the average wage at Torquay is about £350pw.

Archived