[FM2016 - 16.3] MLS with 24 teams (+NASL and USL)

This file leaves the MLS rules intact while adding the four real-life future expansion clubs:

mls_zpshsuco3pa.png

atlanta%20united_zps3lq42kxt.png

inter%20miami_zps9nbg28iw.png

lafc_zpsophnjg2r.png

minnesota%20united_zpsddwd76tm.png

Also added are the preseason exhibition tournaments:

-Walt Disney Pro Soccer Classic

-Carolina Challenge Cup

-ATX Pro Challenge

-Desert Diamond Cup

-Suncoast Classic

-Las Vegas Challenge Cup

-Rose City Invitational

Every team in MLS will be invited to one of these competitions to prepare for the upcoming season.

Also added is the International Champions Cup which includes the MLS champions and seven other champions from competitions from around the world.

Additional Competitions

I have included two optional download files.

The first includes the CFU Club Championship that includes Puerto Rico FC. Through this competition they can qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League. This file also includes a revival of the Pan-Pacific Championship. This competition is a four-team knockout competition played at Aloha Stadium in Hawai'i. The winners of MLS, the A-League, J-League, and K-league all qualify. Also included is a competition to replicate the January camp that the USA National Team conducts every year. They will play Canada and a random CONCACAF nation every year.

The second file is inspired the Copa America Centenario. It is a 16 international tournament called "Copa Nuevo Mundo" (Cup of the New World) that includes 8 CONMEBOL nations (Bolivia and Venezuela are the only 2 left out) and 8 CONCACAF nations. USA, Mexico, and Canada automatically qualify. The top 3 nations from the Copa Centroamericana and the top 2 from the Caribbean Cup qualify. It's held every four years in the same summer as the Euro Championship.

--Admitted Issues-

The academies for the expansion clubs don't function as they should, but this a hard-coding flaw that cannot be corrected.

MLS Final Release for FM 2016 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a05laz64rb0f3i/MLS_24_Teams_Final_B9A7F509-DF5B-45F6-9DB2-25811655EC12.fmf

MLS Final Release for FM 2016 (with MLS Reserves Division) Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wnt4vc1m8e7fs57/MLS_24_teams_with_Reserves_782693EE-CC7C-4EB8-AC1E-24F7315FD511.fmf

Competition Logos: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bbyhs9cnk6t2ezb/USA_Comp_Logos.rar

Club Logos: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q0xjzbsca5wzl05/USA_Club_Logos.rar

Kits: http://www.mediafire.com/download/makw7x03wk2bs18/USA_Kits.rar

Additional Files

CFU Championship & Pan-Pacific Championship (Also included January Camp for the USA national team): http://www.mediafire.com/download/hkulws3o6atlroa/North_America_Club_Competitions_37756A28-CA2D-4317-824A-944060B8DE7F.fmf

Copa Nuevo Mundo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxt44d223v7r7b9/Copa_Nuevo_Mundo_B4F53D52-625C-4AD1-83A1-C7D9557CFB05.fmf

uncle sam question.. so i want going to replace nycfc with my local club... however for some reason the kits will work but the logos wont.. any idea

ID # 72041885

test_zpsoazrrwnk.png

test2_zpsccir4xfu.png

test3_zpsmp2rqvvj.jpg

i didnt want to replace the 4 expansion teams if i didn't have to because of how good the jersey colors are and such but if i have to get it to work i can but would rather replace nycfc?

Uncle Sam just courious about something... When i go to sign one of my farm team players it says i can only sign domestic players once they are drafted... so i cant sign anyone from my academy then? new to this and was not sure?

I honestly don't know how to fix that logo issue. I've never played around with the create-a-club option.

As for adding teams I haven't tried but I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult.

And yes, unfortunately because of hard-coding the expansion clubs won't be able to sign players from their academies. It's annoying but there is no fix for that.

Love the database so far playing as Montreal... Something i have noticed tho... Some of the MLS squads have reserve teams and play against other reserve teams aka the west MLS squads..

The East squads dont have reserve squads but the reserve games show up in the main squad schedule... I can post screenshots so u can see what i mean

Edit: some east teams have reserve squads and some dont after looking into it a bit more

Hmmmm. I had not noticed that in my tests. Are you guys running any other databases?

Just your database.. could be using your database with the 16.3.0 or what ever ti was instead of the original database or however you put it

Yea, that's why I put it in there. The game still gives MLS clubs reserve squads no matter what but in the past I've just scheduled my own reserve matches. I put the reserve league back in so I didn't have to. I'm looking around and I can't find a reason that this would be happening.

One more suggestion: Orlando City B came with no affiliated clubs.

In the main club affiliations you could change Orlando U-23 to Orlando B, as the first is now extinct and add the Academy team as feeder to Orlando B

Well I had to remove the reserve league. The best I can figure is that there is some hard coding issue. MLS is very delicate with that stuff. If someone wants to try and make it work with the old file they are welcome to but I couldn't make it happen. The file with the reserve division removed is up for download in the first post. Apologies.

And affiliation corrections were made for Orlando B, Swope Park Rangers (Sporting Kansas City), and Rio Grande Valley Toros (Houston Dynamo).

Btw... without Montreal having a reserve squad since i havnt changed it and putting down on paper which 11-14 players on my main squad will present my reserve squad i am very happy with the database its awesome. The only down side is my board agree to search for an affiliate club to send loan players because FC Montreal however every time they come back the yay that they cant find one for some reason really.. is it that hard not to find one anywhere even in another country.

The NASL does have the expansion teams, and even has the San Francisco Deltas which have not been officially announced but appear to be the next expansion team. It also has a Spring and Autumn season with the winners playing for the Championship.

The NASL does have the expansion teams, and even has the San Francisco Deltas which have not been officially announced but appear to be the next expansion team. It also has a Spring and Autumn season with the winners playing for the Championship.

Just loaded up and going to start a save. thanks for all your hard work on this, I have tried all year getting a working NASL and know what a pain it is dealing with the American leagues.

Thanks again.

so i downloaded ur database.. I took over i believe it was Rayo OKC and put my local club in except that they dont have any reserves or academy squads so i had to input them in... with that being said does the academy squad eventually get added to a season after the 1st season or do we just schedule them friendies?

First season playing in the Western Conference. It looks like the Wild Card teams are put in the Western Conference Semi with the top 2 teams getting a bye to the final. Thus, the winners of the Semis just have their seasons end while the top 2 Western teams automatically play in the Western Conference Final. Eastern Conference seems to work perfectly.

First season playing in the Western Conference. It looks like the Wild Card teams are put in the Western Conference Semi with the top 2 teams getting a bye to the final. Thus, the winners of the Semis just have their seasons end while the top 2 Western teams automatically play in the Western Conference Final. Eastern Conference seems to work perfectly.

I have noticed this too!

I also seem to have a strange scenario where FC Dallas Reserves & the IMG Academy are showing up in the NASL instead of their correct leagues... Unsure if this is just because I have MLS & NASL but not USL loaded, so I will check...

I tried fixing this in editor but could not see where issue is. I hope this gets fixed as this database is best I have seen yet.

I think I actually sorted the Reserves. Apparently eight of the MLS clubs with USL affiliates are hard coded to not have Reserve teams. So what I've done is to remove those 8 teams from the MLS Reserve division. Unfortunately, that means that New York Red Bulls, Montreal, LA Galaxy, Vancouver, Portland, Seattle, Real Salt Lake, and Toronto FC will not Reserve teams. Because of hard coding, those teams are incapable of having Reserve sides without losing all of the rules.

OK, version 3 is in the opening post and the Western Conference Playoffs glitch is resolved. Also, look what I fixed:

reserves_zps78hiht7v.png

So now all 24 MLS clubs have a team in the Reserve Division. The reserve division is split into three conferences which play four rounds for 28 games total.

I believe it is with the exception of the Sunshine Shield Rivalry Cup between Inter Miami and Orlando City. You may have to open the file and take that one out. Maybe one of the Exhibition Tournaments as well.

Archived