+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I too demanding?

Part-Timer
    will soon be to old to be playing this childish game. Soon - but not now.

Question Am I too demanding?

I'm curious...

When SI confirmed that 3D was included in the 09 match engine i was truly happy. Ever since playing the early versions of championship manager, where you could tell by which incident was on the screen, i've been dreaming about a proper 3D match engine. Now that 3D is included I find myself thinking "will I be able to see the 3D version of the match from "bench perspective". Real managers don't hang from a blimp hovering above the stadium - they see the match from the dugout and from the technical area in front of the bench.

Is this included? Or am I the only true sucker for realism..?

Amateur
    Du du du du! Charlie Austin! (Shh don't tell the big clubs...)

Default Re: Am I too demanding?

Short answer... yes!

Whilst I see your point about realism, sometimes you have to weigh up realism vs enjoyment. Do you really want an inferior view just for the sake of realism, or is it better to be able to see all the action clearly and suspend realistic dynamics briefly? Perhaps the option would be nice but I imagine this would be difficult to implement. Given the choice, I think I'd opt for a birdseye view...

...Though if I'm dreaming, a through-the-eyes view would be good - especially if you could see yourself walking out through the tunnel onto the dugout, and you could turn round and see the cheering fans... Maybe for FM2025?

First Team Squad Member

This would be rubbish anyway because you wouldn't be able to see the whole pitch.

Part-Timer
    will soon be to old to be playing this childish game. Soon - but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by TomHAVFC View Post
    This would be rubbish anyway because you wouldn't be able to see the whole pitch.

Why not?? How tall are you - 2 feet 6?

Of course the view of the match would be worsened (although more realistic - apart from the games where you are suspended due to offending language towards referees and is confined in the stands) - but the dugout is where RL managers sit. They seem to cope..

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmama View Post
    Why not?? How tall are you - 2 feet 6?

Of course the view of the match would be worsened (although more realistic - apart from the games where you are suspended due to offending language towards referees and is confined in the stands) - but the dugout is where RL managers sit. They seem to cope..
    Real managers however, only need a quick turn of the head to be able to see the entire pitch, where as we would have to control what would probably be a fiddly camera. I'm not saying that this view shouldn't be included, I just don't think it would be as good as many think it would be.

Reserves

FUN > Realism in this case.

If it was included, there would be no harm done but I would never want to use it. Managers do get to see games overhead with ProZone, obviously not in match but they go over the matches after the game. I wouldn't want to do that.

Part-Timer

I'm sure i read one of the SI guys saying that this view wouldn't be in the game because the level of player graphics would not be good enough to see the players so close. Something like that anyway.

+ Reply to Thread