Player Attribute Changes in Latest Data Update (16.3)

So, which players have seen increases and decreases in their attributes? Has the Leicester squad been given massive upgrades? Have any Chelsea players been nerfed? List any player changes you can find here. Thanks.

I would humbly request that the moderators do not move this thread to the GPTG forum as I made this thread there last year and it garnered a less than satisfactory number of replies and I feel in this forum it is open to much more eyes and therefore much more feedback and discussion. Cheers.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's far, far, far too many changes across the database to list. I'd suggest checking up the players you want to know specifically in the database yourself because the odds are the players others are interested in anyway won't be the same as your own and there is almost no way to index and make searchable what would be such a large thread.

I think Arnautovic and Bojan deserve a slight increase especially Bojan who's normally always on the transfer list

Arnautovic had some mental attribute changes (he already has a very technically capable set-up in his profile from before he arrived at Stoke) to try and reflect him better this season which has been doing more of the dirty side of the game and being a bit less spiky in terms of performance. Bojan also had some increases, although he wasn't in a bad position to start with, the Stoke squad is just a bit heavy with players who can play in those positions.

I'm not looking for a comprehensive list or anything, just whatever changes people come across it'd be nice to hear about it. I'm away from FM at the moment so can't check myself.

Same. Any word on who the big winners from the update would be greatly appreciated. Essentially, i'm interested in who the latest of wonderkids look like being - i'm expecting a decent rise from the likes of Adalberto Penaranda, Giovani Lo Celso and Stefano Sensi whilst maybe 1 of Jeisson Vargas or Marlos Moreno could be this season's Sergio Díaz. Then there's always the hope of a genuinely obscure gem being rated - someone like Dostonbek Khamdamov, Roberts Uldrikis, Laszlo Benes or Giorgi Kharaishvili would be great but obviously, hail from nations where having dedicated researchers is trickier and even then, there's the issue as to whether showing promise in Latvian or Georgian football warrants a high PA in-game...

So that the OP's request to not move the thread is adhered to can everyone refrain from posting an CA/PA numbers for players in the database, the moment that happens this thread willbe moved to GP&TG

Interested to know if Guardiola does take the Man City job come the end of the season.

I doubt it, you cant set future manager contracts in game as far as we know.

What happens if you start a save with City and a future contract is set in place?

Penaranda got a huge boost, now looks a real gem. Auba did get a slight increase in composure by the looks of things, but not as much overall as perhaps expected. Renato Sanches & Ruben Neves both look even more incredible than they already were, as does Tielemans. De Bruyne, Dybala, Griezmann, Donnarumma, Butland, Arter, Payet, Ighalo, Willian, Alderweireld & Dele Alli all seem to have deserved boosts too. Only nerfs I've noticed so far have been Sturridge & Firmino, but then again their stats were a bit random in certain areas so they look a bit more realistic now. Mighty impressive update so far!

Iheanacho do you mean? He's definitely been reviewed and upgraded in terms of current ability

Yes I mean Iheanacho. If he`s CA was upgraded than it was minimal. He`s stats are poor compared to what he has shown this season. Virgil Van Dijk is another player that needs a upgrade. He`s technical attributes for defending are weak compared to many other defenders in the PL. He is this season probably the best defender with Alderweireld in the league.

Anyway, Im making some changes to the database so checking many players in all Europe.

• SI Staff
Interested to know if Guardiola does take the Man City job come the end of the season.

Guardiola should take the City job, Ancelotti the Bayern job. The only scenario where this won't happen is if the User is managing the respective club.

Yes I mean Iheanacho. If he`s CA was upgraded than it was minimal. He`s stats are poor compared to what he has shown this season. Virgil Van Dijk is another player that needs a upgrade. He`s technical attributes for defending are weak compared to many other defenders in the PL. He is this season probably the best defender with Alderweireld in the league.

Anyway, Im making some changes to the database so checking many players in all Europe.

Fair enough, although if you see how they both perform for a season, you will see Van Dijk (a favourite of mine) in the top 5 cb's in the premiership .. which is probably about right imo

As for Iheanacho.. he is promising but he hasn't shown a great deal yet other than promise.. that said, he soon gets a wonderkid status in game on all my saves thus far showing his potential and talent.

i'm expecting a decent rise from the likes of Adalberto Penaranda, Giovani Lo Celso and Stefano Sensi
Italian researchers maintain their tradition of no CA/PA/attribute changes in winter update seemingly.

Mignolet, Howard, Ivanovic, Matic, Cahill have taken hits. Willian's free kick taking went from 11 (I think) to 18 - the one positive for Chelsea methinks. Maybe Zouma increased a little.

Payets free kicks are 15 (if I remember correctly) in the latest patch, which shoud be upgraded too.

Cristiano Ronaldo's free kick ability remains at 17 - there's just no budging it. Probably the most easily disproven attribute in the game.

Freekicks take other attributes into consideration too... rest assured, Ronaldo is still one of the best in the game...

Well the accuracy factor comes in with the lower freekick stat.. however his technique etc will still help him
I think I'm a little confused here. Ronaldo's free kick related stats are good, as they should be. Long shots, technique, composure I think would apply most for free kicks on goal. But 17 for free kicks is rather high for someone with an IRL conversion rate of about 2%.

I think I'm a little confused here. Ronaldo's free kick related stats are good, as they should be. Long shots, technique, composure I think would apply most for free kicks on goal. But 17 for free kicks is rather high for someone with an IRL conversion rate of about 2%.

I agree frankly

• SI Staff

Hey dSquib,

If you have any specific issues with the data that you consider bug worthy, please do head over here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues - and post in the appropriate thread. That way it will get seen by the guys who matter. It is important to note that you need some evidence, such as stats, to back up any suggestions you have.

Cheers,

Seb.

Vardy is in the game now an excellent striker. He is to Lewandowski as a striker what Mahrez is to Robben as a winger, roughly. I think that's fair.

What would take either of them to another level in the game would be doing in real life what they have done but in the Champions League, or at a bigger team given more pressure, afforded less space, with more squad competition, slightly less patient managers etc. And then doing it over and over.

Archived