Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

• Administrators

The Winter Transfer 16.3.0 Update is out now. Details and changelists can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/453727

As always we ask for any feedback to be kept constructive please. If you come across any issues please feel free to raise them on our Bugs Forums.

Also please do bear in mind the data had to be locked for testing at some point, so some of the very latest developments in the football world which have happened in the last few days may not be included.

We very much hope you enjoy the update. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the release.

I was not able to find any info for the "Allow rest before/after match BUG" in your change log. Can you give a heads up whether anything related to this issue is included in your update?

• Administrators
Thanks for the release.

I was not able to find any info for the "Allow rest before/after match BUG" in your change log. Can you give a heads up whether anything related to this issue is included in your update?

As said not all fixes were included in the changelist - what exactly was the issue you had? Do you have a link to it on the bugs forum? It may well have been fixed but I'd need that reference to check. Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong, but players not being able to learn new positions isnt in the update? Or am I blind? :(

See Neil's reply in post #6, can you link to the bug you're referring to to allow confirmation if that issues has been addressed?

• Administrators

I've added a few more issues to the changelist in regards to training.

They are as below:

TRAINING

- Improving effectiveness of Positional Training

- Fix for Allow Rest Before/After Match re-selecting itself

- Fix for Position/Role field returning blank

Thanks.

There would be far too much to list all the changes in this patch, you could argue perhaps they should be, but then imagine how long it would take to list all the changes to players (clubs, CA's, PA's, attributes etc) the same kind of applies to bugs, you'd expect any showstoppers to be mentioned as being fixed but there has to be a cut-off at what level you go down to listing in detail otherwise the patch notes would take longer than the patch.

I cannot honestly believe that these are the only changes made to the match engine in 4 months. So either they ran into a big problem (which would explain the slightly later release date of the last update) that they weren't able to solve within an acceptable timeframe OR the ME has changed and this is some sort of social experiment

• Administrators
Neil, can i just ask why it seems there doesn't seem to be a full changelist any more? Or is it just a time thing due to there being quite a lot?

Sometimes the fixes are very minor, so if we had a huge document of 'moved pixel left' for example it'd be a long document! We try and keep it so it highlights some of the more notable fixes rather than every single fix.

If you just read a few posts up, however...

I was writing my post just as he posted his, thank you very much.

I guess I'll have to put with my left and right back having 6.3 ratings unless I take advantage of the broken system.

I think it's awesome crosses haven't been tweaked.

E8zJB3H.jpg

I love you all, to be polite.

Apart from that, I have no words anymore, I've literally lost any faith I had in FM16. Six months after the release you choose not to fix what's obviously broken, and the reason behind it?

"Sometimes it is just not possible to efficiently or safely adjust elements of the ME without knackering another aspect of the ME"

I have no words.

What's better? Not touching the crossing issue at all (which may or may not be the case, but is edging towards the former), or touching it so that crossing may be improved, but other aspects of the ME become immeasurably worse?

I was writing my post just as he posted his, thank you very much.

I guess I'll have to put with my left and right back having 6.3 ratings unless I take advantage of the broken system.

That's just not true. I don't "take advantage" of anything and still getting good ratings.

As already stated, the ME is extremely hard to balance, and adjusting this area safely and efficiently within the bounds of the current ME was not a viable option.

So are we looking at having another update for the crossing or is this it till fm17 now?

What's better? Not touching the crossing issue at all (which may or may not be the case, but is edging towards the former), or touching it so that crossing may be improved, but other aspects of the ME become immeasurably worse?

Well gee, I guess it's too much to ask for a non-broken game engine then is it?

Well gee, I guess it's too much to ask for a non-broken game engine then is it?
As others have already said sometimes changes can cause far more problems than they fix, this must have been one of those situations or the changes are so minor & do not directly address a specific issue that they are not worth noting.

As already stated, the ME is extremely hard to balance, and adjusting this area safely and efficiently within the bounds of the current ME was not a viable option.

With respect, you're essentially saying that the ME is flawed then.

There are always 3 major updates. We've had 3 now.

Well that is gutting. Not giving me much hope in terms of expectations of fm17 now either. Disappointed to see a problem brought in during one of the updates not to be fixed. That's more than half a year with a very big problem in terms of the balance of how goals are scored

Well that is gutting. Not giving me much hope in terms of expectations of fm17 now either. Disappointed to see a problem brought in during one of the updates not to be fixed. That's more than half a year with a very big problem in terms of the balance of how goals are scored

Neil's (and so many others FWIW) screenshot shows that it's not that simple.

Sometimes the fixes are very minor, so if we had a huge document of 'moved pixel left' for example it'd be a long document! We try and keep it so it highlights some of the more notable fixes rather than every single fix.

How is this different to previous years / patches, whereby there certainly was not a "pixely by pixel" list, but there was a very clear list of aspects of the ME which were addressed?

So for example, patch 16.2 ME change list (taken directly from your GD thread):

MATCH ENGINE

- Improved defending of full backs who were tucking in inappropriately

- Improved behaviour of backline when deciding to cover out of position players

- Prevented ball getting stuck in the crossbar

- Fixed instances of goalkeepers being stranded out of goal after being called over to be booked

- Fixed some examples of dead time after ball is returned from a throw in following an injury

- Improved system of players taking a penalty when on a hat-trick

- Fixed some instances of poor back passes and goalkeepers lack of reaction to them

- Fixed some problems with Specific Man Marking instruction

- Refined referee decision making on offside calls

- Improved defenders behaviour when reacting to a ball they are favourite to win

- Improved goalkeeper decisions to parry ball back into play when they could let the ball go out

- Improved goalkeeper decisions on when to come off their line

- Improved accuracy of shots on goal

- Refined passing decision making to reduce instances of unnecessary direct and rushed passes

- Fixed some instances of a goal being awarded when the shot had hit the bar and not gone in

Or for last year, changelist from the GD thread for the last patch

MATCH ENGINE

- Fixed issue where players would sometimes not make an obvious challenge for the ball

- Fixed bug making saves too difficult at certain heights and angles

- Fixed keepers not punching balls they can’t hold at certain heights

- Improved goalkeeper reactions after an initial save

- Fixed bug where fifth official moves onto the pitch over the course of a match

- Fixed bug with physio walking across the pitch

- Made first time kicks a little harder

- Improved link between first touches and player attributes

- Fixed bug where keepers sometimes hesitate on sweeping up ball behind defence

- Fixed instances of free kicks being taken with wrong foot

- Improved wall position at some free kicks

- Improved marking and positioning at some throws

- Made players run more directly with ball when on counter

- Increased likelihood of players attacking space with ball at feet

- Fixed some issues with close range finishing

- Fixed a couple of bugs with player reactions to long kicks

- Improved defensive positioning of support duty strikers and attack duty AMCs

- Fixed bug causing defences to push up prematurely

- Prevented d-lines from pushing up too quickly when ball with opposition

- Made teams get back a bit quicker when ball changes hands

- Fixed bug in dribbling speed that overpowered certain dribblers

- Fixed some instances of centre halves engaging ball player and breaking their defensive line

- Reworking of when players should look to commit fouls

- Fixed some issues around reactions to rebounds, saves and deflections

- Fixed high defensive lines at wide free kicks

- Improved the balance of Goals Per Game in low CA leagues

I think most users will accept that you cant post finite detail of every line of code you changed, but you would agree there is quite a contrast to how this changelist is presented, against how you have presented this in the past? I think what people are curious about, is why is this the case? There would appear to be no reason you couldnt summarise each element of the ME which was addressed by the patch in the same away as before?

I guess we can't ask for more for meager 50 quids.
There is an element of truth to that, perfect software costs 100's of thousands to purchase.

I work for the world's largest insurance broker & even we have ongoing issues with our software packages.

Longest update ever and you give us a superficial transfer update? After all the secrecy and incredibly strict moderation there's no significant changes to the match engine.

Unless the keeper backpass glitch (NOTE not sure if i can give youtube links for proof -

;
) and ridiculous crossing exploits (http://i.imgur.com/E8zJB3H.jpg) have been "fixed" in another section of information. I'm not sure what feedback we can give so far but since I won't be using the Chinese Super League i'm not sure what has changed in the first place.

Can't wait for my fullbacks to win WPOTY

edit - if there's been an update or change to the engine then say it - not just "keeper punches after penalties" (i have never seen this issue after about 50-60 seasons across multiple divisions/levels of play)^

• Administrators

As Hunter has said, this is supposed to be a feedback thread for the update.

If you want to raise feedback, please actually try the update first before making assumptions and criticising us for what we supposedly have and haven't done. Many thanks.

If you want to raise feedback, please actually try the update first before making assumptions and criticising us for what we supposedly have and haven't done. Many thanks.

While I respect that and will admit I haven't yet played a match on 16.3., I find it hard to believe crosses are more realistic (not to say not game-breaking) now considering you've listed six (6!) notable ME changes, none of which are remotely related to crossing.

Neil's (and so many others FWIW) screenshot shows that it's not that simple.

Not saying it is. I have high expectations of this game though (which have come from the standards of previous versions) and seeing what's been a big problem for me and many others, not being fixed is disappointing.

Will play a few games anyway, maybe it's been fixed and they've just decided not to tell us (that's the hope anyway).

While I respect that and will admit I haven't yet played a match on 16.3., I find it hard to believe crosses are more realistic (not to say not game-breaking) now considering you've listed six (6!) notable ME changes, none of which are remotely related to crossing.

TBH I don't have these crossing issues as you are so upset with. So maybe it isn't an insane bug...

TBH I don't have these crossing issues as you are so upset with. So maybe it isn't an insane bug...

7 out of 45 posts are criticizing the update for not fixing crosses. 2 are saying they aren't broken. You do the math.

Assumptions are made on the basis that you haven't mentioned at all any of the main problems with the match engine being fixed.

People have mainly been waiting for these to be addressed. It's been a long wait just for transfer updates. I haven't been waiting to start a new game for the transfers, I've been waiting to start a game with the broken areas fixed.

I shall try and give it ago and come back with some more in depth feedback.

what's the point of getting feedback from people and not care about what they need

Archived