Franky's Wing's of Fury Tactic (STEROID ABUSE VERSION) for FM16 (16.2)... plug & play!!

IMPORTANT NOTE: This tactic was developed for patch 16.2 but works just as well on the latest patch (16.3) as the match engine remains the same.

This tactic is the same as my Wings of Fury version 4 tactic except now the players are using performance enhancing drugs so their intensity levels are through the roof :D

TACTIC USAGE

There are two formulas you can use.

FORMULA 1 - Do not make any changes to the team mentality at any point. Just leave it on 'Control' permanently. The reason I say this is because from feedback received, Shirajl has won Liga Liga with Getafe in the 3rd season using this formula. See posts #90, 95, 100 & 102 by him for further information and advice.

FORMULA 2 - (little bit more complicated :D )

Start each game with the following mentalities depending on the pre-match odds (home or away is irrelevant)......

Odds on favourite - Control

Favourite - Control

Opponent is favourite - Standard

Opponent is odds on favourite - Counter

Do NOT increase the mentality until half time at the earliest (unless you go two goals down), after which you need to use your own judgement to switch between mentalities, depending on the match situation.  However, if you go ahead in the first half and anticipate a tough match, feel free to lower the mentality one notch in order to help preserve the lead. At half-time if you need to score, you up the mentality and if the priority is to avoid conceding then lower it. How you do this is entirely up to you and is definitely one of the management skills that will dictate how well you do as a manager.

If you need to protect a lead in the second half and want to play really safe then switch to 'contain' and put both wing backs on defend duty.

PLAYER POSITIONS AND ROLES

There are two ways of using your players. Personally, I prefer to stick to formula 1 as you are then using the tactic as it's meant to be used. However, formula 2 is easier to use, especially in the lower leagues as it gives you more options regarding player recruitment.

FORMULA 1 - Do not change any player roles or duty but make sure each player has at least 8/10 in the green circle.

FORMULA 2 - Listed below..........

I'm going to explain role suitability a bit here. The green circle that defines role suitability for each player has 10 segments. To be a natural for the role, a player must have all ten segments lit up, nine to be accomplished and seven or eight to be competent. Seven being competent and eight being highly competent although the game does not state 'highly competent'..... I state 'highly competent' to differentiate between seven and eight. What you need to do is ensure that there is no player who is less than 'accomplished' (i.e. 9 segments). My understanding of the game is that percentage wise, you will get 10% of the potential performance out of a player for every segment. Obviously, utilizing 100% of a player's ability is the aim for each player but that's not always going to be possible, especially in the lower leagues. For this reason, it's important to follow the advice below...........

It is imperative to ensure you don't have square pegs in round holes so you should set each player's training focus to the tactic specified role so eventually they can be used as per the tactic requirement..... unless he's really poor in that role, in which case set the training focus to a role that he's already 'accomplished' at. If you are managing lower league teams and the players just aren't good enough to fill the required roles, then for the strikers you can also use an advanced forward, deep lying forward, defensive forward or false nine. If your wing backs are not suited to the 'attack' role then put them on support duty and manually set them to 'get further forward'. If they're not suited to the wing back role then use them as full backs on support with 'get further forward' checked. If a player is only competent or highly competent (i.e. 7 or 8 segments lit up) at best and by switching his role, he becomes accomplished (i.e. 9 out of 10 segments lit up) or better, then it's important that you DO make the change. Make sure though, that the duty (i.e. attack, support, defend) does not change for any player except the striker, AMC or full backs who can be used in a support role instead of attack. For example, if the guy you have as your roaming playmaker is highly competent at that role but is an accomplished or natural advanced playmaker or box to box midfielder then change him to either of those. The central midfielder might be a better ball winning midfielder, in which case switch him to that. Below are a couple of basic examples from my Man Utd game......

Valencia - Inside Forward support (unconvincing) to Winger support (natural).

Fellaini - Central Midfielder defend (highly competent) to Ball Winning Midfielder defend (accomplished).

By making the above mentioned changes, you can possibly get more out of the players. The dynamics of the tactic will change a little but you'll have to decide for yourself if it's for the better.

A few points regarding the above advised changes.....

1. Do NOT make any changes to any player who is accomplished or natural in his role/duty. The exception being the Inside Forwards (support) who can be changed to Wingers (support) if it means going from accomplished to natural as wingers and inside forwards are similarly effective in this tactic.

2. It's okay to have more than one playmaker but preferrably no more than two and ideally a centre mid and the attacking midfielder.

3. Only one of the attacking midfielder and striker can be changed to a support role but not both.

4. Only ever switch your wing backs to full backs on attack duty if you expect to dominate the game, otherwise your flanks will be exposed. Full backs on support duty are okay though.

5. If you switch your AMC to shadow striker then it would be beneficial to switch your striker to a support role, so long as it does not affect his role suitability. If it does then avoid using the AMC as a shadow striker.

TYPE OF PLAYERS REQUIRED

If you've been using any of the previous versions of Wings of Fury, then you should be well acquainted with what type of players are needed but here it is anyway.......

Wing Backs – These guys are the key players in the team as the whole tactic revolves around their ability to get forward and whip in dangerous crosses for the attackers so good crossing ability is a must. High stamina and work rate will also increase their effectiveness, as will good dribbling ability. Set their training focus to 'crossing' unless it is already high, in which case set it to 'dribbling'..... the better their dribbling and crossing ability, the more effective the tactic!

Set their PPM to 'gets forward whenever possible'.

Centre Backs - Just your regular centre backs, although one must be quick so he can recover in case an attacker breaks the offside trap. The best header of the two should be in the DCR position to take advantage of attacking set pieces.

CM right – Defensively sitting in front of the back four to break up play and offensively sitting deep to pick up the loose balls and recycle possession so your typical defensive midfielder is needed. Must have a high work rate as he will be doing a lot of pressing to win the ball back in the middle of the park.

Set his PPM to 'stays back at all times'. If he has a PPM of 'gets forward whenever possible', make sure to untrain/discourage that first.

Roaming Playmaker - This guy drifts around between the defence and the attack looking to receive the ball at every opportunity and turn defence into attack in an instant so good vision and passing ability is very important. Also needs to have a high work rate as he'll be tracking back a lot to help his midfield partner keep things tight in front of the back four. Must be defensively sound as he is one of only two midfielders in the centre of the park.

Set his training focus to 'dribbling' as that'll make him far more effective for the role.

Attacking Midfielder – Your typical creative/goalscoring attacking midfielder is needed here so someone like Juan Mata would be perfect.

Inside Forwards – There's two of these guys and they'll be looking to get on the end of attacking moves and especially to take advantage of crosses fired in from the wing back on the opposite flank so good finishing and 'off the ball' ability is important. Also need to be creative as they will look to fashion chances for their team mates. Left footer on the right flank and right footer on the left works best.

Complete Forward – Any striker that fits the mould will do. However, pace, strength and jumping reach are all bonuses.

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES

The advice above should suffice but I will reiterate some of it below as it is an absolute must if you want this tactic to work for you.........

1. Both wing backs and centre mids must have a high work rate.

2. Both wing backs must have good crossing ability.

3. Every player must have at least 8/10 in the green suitability circle.

FURTHER INFORMATION/ADVICE

The Striker and both CB's must NOT be on corner taking duty plus inswinging corners only.

As soon as a player picks up a booking, manually set him to 'ease off tackles' in order to avoid a second yellow.

If you have a player sent off, sacrifice the AMC.

Do not buy centre mids or full backs with a poor work rate, they're not compatible with this tactic. I had Carrick at Man Utd with a 'work rate' rating of 11..... got rid straight away.

Only use this tactic if you have two players for every position plus extra cover in case of injuries as the intensity is very high so rotation is important. You'll need a squad of at least 22 outfield players.

Okay, that's it. If you use the tactic, please let me know how you get on. I might not reply to all feedback received (unless it is a question) but I do read it and it IS appreciated :-)

Once the tactic is fluid and team has gelled, things get exciting. Again, note the assists from the wing backs............

8_0_vs_Liverpool.jpg

free image hosting

Franky's Wings of Fury Tactic (STEROID ABUSE VERSION) for FM16 (16.2)_0280ED05-AFE5-49E3-B72C-42B04E024054.fmf

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if I change the role of the player, the tweak are diferent to, does't matter? Didn't I need to change the tweak if I change the roles to?

Sorry Marco, I don't understand your question. Can you try to be a bit clearer please.

Certainly working for me as Forest in the Championship, 14 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses (One to Watford in the league cup). Looking very good with a very average side! I'm looking forward to the embargo being lifted and seeing what it can do with a few more players.

Thanks!

Just started using this. Slightly adapted it to fit my players but kept the same basic tactics. Two away games, two 3-0 wins. Looking good! Nice one franky!

Which team are you and what changes have you made to the player roles?

Great tactic , awsome work, but does it work on 16.3?

Yes, doesn't seem to be any change.

What is the possession, passing like on this tactic.

Obviously I'm guessing the results are good, but I want to play nice football while beating the opposition. Picky I know.

Only one way to find out :D If you want to smash the opponent with beautiful football, then I'm making some changes that creates amazing football to watch. The screenshot below is of the new tactic, which I will be releasing soon for patch 16.3. It's based on 'Wings of Fury steroid abuse' but with the Wing Backs perhaps not quite as influential, although the 4 attackers run riot.........

5_0_vs_Barca_after_27_mins.jpg

upload pictures

Really looking forward to this. Been doing really, i mean REALLY good with any team with your Wings of fury + some of the suggested tweaks. Amazing work, looking forward to your new tactic, can't wait for the release to be honest :)

Tinyupload appears to have problems with internet security... any chance you could upload it on Mediafire please? Really excited to see this tactic in action!

Tinyupload gives me download statistics so I can gauge how popular a tactic is..... just turn off your internet security/anti-virus for a few minutes and you'll be able to download it :)

Hey Franky , when you release your new tactic ? Looking forward to it !

Later today or tomorrow latest :) It's the same as this one but with a few changes to create two styles of play instead of of everything coming down the flanks. The wing play will still be there but there will also be more intricate one touch passing in and around the box that will also create chances. It's going to be even more dominant and higher scoring than STEROID ABUSE :)

Later today or tomorrow latest :) It's the same as this one but with a few changes to create two styles of play instead of of everything coming down the flanks. The wing play will still be there but there will also be more intricate one touch passing in and around the box that will also create chances. It's going to be even more dominant and higher scoring than STEROID ABUSE :)

Okay , perfect . You're tactics where the best on the 16.2 patch , by a mile .

Keep up the good work !

Okay , perfect . You're tactics where the best on the 16.2 patch , by a mile .

Keep up the good work !

Yep, same goes for me. Best tactics from all I've tried are made by Franky. Really looking forward to your new one Franky, hopefully it'll be up tonight :D

Ok, I'm gona try agaim. My inglish is not very good...

So, In the individuak traning I shuld use the roles in the tatic, I think is that you said.

But in the tatic, if I change the roles of the players, the tweaks change to. My question is, did I change the tweak to or don't need to change the tweak when I change the role in the tatic? Just need to change the role?

With version 4 I had a struggling start in the 1st 5 months but then after those 5 months I won 8 trophies in 3 season :cool:

Only let's say negative thing was too many goals conceeded but then the amout of goals scored were phenomenal

any news on the updated tactic?
Will have to delay the update for a few days perhaps as need to test further. As has already been mentioned, 16.3 match engine seems to be the same as 16.2, therefore any changes would have to improve on the tactic, otherwise not much point in releasing an update...... still, will look to have it ready by the weekend at the very latest :)
Ok, I'm gona try agaim. My inglish is not very good...

So, In the individuak traning I shuld use the roles in the tatic, I think is that you said.

But in the tatic, if I change the roles of the players, the tweaks change to. My question is, did I change the tweak to or don't need to change the tweak when I change the role in the tatic? Just need to change the role?

Just change the role and all will be fine..... I think :D

Somebody tried to change CF for another role? My strikers are always getting bad ratings.

Cabau i always change the role of the CF - Attack in my team (Feirense - Portuguese Second League), just that role, because any player in my team cant play in CF -Attack role, so i change. I have 4 strikers: João Vieira, Marcelo Santos, Alí Meza and Vasco Rocha. When i play with João Vieira or Marcelo Santos i change the role to AF - Attack because they are tall and they have low pass. When i play with Alí Meza or Vasco Rocha i change the role to DLP - Attack because they arent too tall and they have good pass. I hope it helped you ;)

Olá Ivoensousa.

Olha já tentei perguntar ao criador da tática mas ele ñ percebeu a minha pergunta e o meu inglês é uma adrem..

Diz m uma coisa, ao mudar o papel do jogador por exemplo de, CF para AF ñ terei de ir completar as Instroções do jogador? Basta só mudar o papel do jogador tal como diz o criador?

Olá Ivoensousa.

Olha já tentei perguntar ao criador da tática mas ele ñ percebeu a minha pergunta e o meu inglês é uma adrem..

Diz m uma coisa, ao mudar o papel do jogador por exemplo de, CF para AF ñ terei de ir completar as Instroções do jogador? Basta só mudar o papel do jogador tal como diz o criador?

Exactamente eu apenas mudo o papel do jogador, mas só no ponta de lança. Ora bem, a táctica vem com AC - Atacar, no meu caso tenho 2 jogadores para jogarem a PL - Atacar e outros 2 para jogar a AVR - Atacar e quando os coloco apenas mudo o papel deles e não mexo em nenhumas instruções. Espero ter ajudado e bons jogos ;)

PS: (It's portuguese language, don't have offensive language don't worry people, i'm just helping this friend ;) )

Exactamente eu apenas mudo o papel do jogador, mas só no ponta de lança. Ora bem, a táctica vem com AC - Atacar, no meu caso tenho 2 jogadores para jogarem a PL - Atacar e outros 2 para jogar a AVR - Atacar e quando os coloco apenas mudo o papel deles e não mexo em nenhumas instruções. Espero ter ajudado e bons jogos ;)

PS: (It's portuguese language, don't have offensive language don't worry people, i'm just helping this friend ;) )

Yes you help me a lot :-)

I'm plaing whith Porto

Started a new 16.3 save and took the England job (I know) but got bored waiting between games so applied for the vacant job at rock bottom Nottingham Forest (15 games in) to keep my interest up until the England games, started using this tactic and it's flying, with 44 games played and two points off the lead (4th place) and it's going down to the wire for promotion or a play off spot. Absolutely loving this tactic, considering there's a transfer embargo at Forest and not been able to sign anyone (even loans) plus a few long term injuries. I think I've only lost 3 league games out of 29 I've played, bloody brilliant.

I'd post some SS's but game isn't loaded atm. Great tactic.

New version of the tactic now available for download. Based on STEROID ABUSE but with a few minor changes that make it a little different. Now more shots/shots on target than before. Defence is also tightened up a little............... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/454224-Franky-s-Wings-of-Fury-Tactic-(TOTAL-DOMINATION-VERSION)-for-FM16-(16-3)-plug-and-play!!!?p=10753468#post10753468

Can you post OI's please ?

I let the assistant manager deal with them.

lets too many goals in

I've only played one full season with Man Utd and only conceded about 20 goals in the league. Have you compared it to other tactics defensively?

I must say that this is by far the best tactic on FM16 that I've used, and does exactly what Franky says above. The only role I've had to change is when I sub in a new CF as I dont have another complete forward in the squad. I'll post a full update after half a season, but this is whats happened so far, as its worth mentioning :)

I started a new game with it last night and not only does it keep things tight at the back, provide goals, but its also good to watch.

My new game is with Nottm Forest. A team under a transfer embargo with several key players out injured. We basically have a starting XI and thats it. I then lost my only AM (Lansbury), only AML/IF (Ward) and backup STK (Blackstock) through long term injuries. All the loan signings IRL that we had to cover the injuries SI had decided to cancel so I was forced to play youth u21 players in key positions. The winter SI update has screwed an already F'd up squad.

I lost one pre-season friendly and that's it. All league and cups games won so far (only played 6).

My RB (Lichaj) only has 10 for crossing yet he has provided multiple assists, just like the LB (Jokic) who has 14 for crossing. The RPM (Osborn) has the highest ave rating in the squad, which has never happened in a previous tactic, and is especially surprising seeing as the wing backs are getting all the assists and the striker (Oliveira) is scoring all the goals along with a youth player AMR (Oliver Burke) who is a right footed winger playing as the inside forward.

One question I have is what do you do when you go down to 10 men? Its not happened to me yet, but its been very close.

My normal instinct would be to remove the AMC to fill the missing position and not touch anything else

I must say that this is by far the best tactic on FM16 that I've used, and does exactly what Franky says above. The only role I've had to change is when I sub in a new CF as I dont have another complete forward in the squad. I'll post a full update after half a season, but this is whats happened so far, as its worth mentioning :)

I started a new game with it last night and not only does it keep things tight at the back, provide goals, but its also good to watch.

My new game is with Nottm Forest. A team under a transfer embargo with several key players out injured. We basically have a starting XI and thats it. I then lost my only AM (Lansbury), only AML/IF (Ward) and backup STK (Blackstock) through long term injuries. All the loan signings IRL that we had to cover the injuries SI had decided to cancel so I was forced to play youth u21 players in key positions. The winter SI update has screwed an already F'd up squad.

I lost one pre-season friendly and that's it. All league and cups games won so far (only played 6).

My RB (Lichaj) only has 10 for crossing yet he has provided multiple assists, just like the LB (Jokic) who has 14 for crossing. The RPM (Osborn) has the highest ave rating in the squad, which has never happened in a previous tactic, and is especially surprising seeing as the wing backs are getting all the assists and the striker (Oliveira) is scoring all the goals along with a youth player AMR (Oliver Burke) who is a right footed winger playing as the inside forward.

One question I have is what do you do when you go down to 10 men? Its not happened to me yet, but its been very close.

My normal instinct would be to remove the AMC to fill the missing position and not touch anything else

Thanks for the feedback :) If you get a player sent off then as Niall has already said, I would remove the AMC. Also, perhaps set mentality to standard unless you are chasing the game.

And thank you to everyone else who has given feedback, I do appreciate it. If you could provide some screenshots, that would be great :)

One more thing.... regarding the updated version of the tactic. After much thought and testing I've decided not to release it. Reason being that after extensive testing and tinkering, despite some spectacular results, it's not better than STEROID ABUSE as I've not been able to achieve the same level of consistency that STEROID ABUSE provides. In my only full season using STEROID ABUSE (season 2015-16), I achieved the following........

PREMIER LEAGUE WINNERS - P-38 W-31 D-6 L-1 GF-93 GA-22 GD-71 PTS-99

FA CUP WINNERS

CAPITAL ONE CUP - lost 2-1 in the final to Chelsea

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - lost on away goals rule to Real Madrid in the semi final after beating PSG in the first knockout round and Barcelona in the quarter final.

The players I used as my Roaming Playmakers were not natural or even accomplished in that role and I feel had they been, I could have won all 4 competitions.

The tactic is very, very consistent and I feel there's no point releasing an updated version that is inferior..... that would just be stupid so if anyone is waiting for that then don't..... just enjoy using STEROID ABUSE :)

Archived