AI wanting unrealistic transfer fees

r5IZoL2.png

This is the most unrealistic transfer fee I have seen in FM, I mean seriously WHAT? O_O

A goalkeeper for $467 million? yes it may be that they don't want to sell him but asking for that much is way unrealistic to be fair. I have also seen also couple of other regens who aren't even that good, aged 16-17-18, the clubs want them for $100 million or more.. The other issue is AI to AI transfers is done with very low transfer fees agreed.. for example I wanted a regen striker who was playing for Wolfsburg they wanted him for $60million, I just lost interest in him, but just days later I will see Real Madrid grabbed him for $37 million which is unfair.

I hope SI can fix AI transfers regarding fees and negotiations in this upcoming patch.

Even if they don't want to sell then why not just simple reject bids? you will never see or hear something like this IRL to be honest. my point still stands though, if you just looked the picture then better read what I wrote.

• Administrators
Even if they don't want to sell then why not just simple reject bids? you will never see or hear something like this IRL to be honest. my point still stands though, if you just looked the picture then better read what I wrote.

We used to have that in older version of FM but the community said "this is unrealistic as every player has a price" so it was changed.

In this case it's $467m. Is that the lowest they'd accept? No chance. But that's what they've said to you to try and get you to go away.

Just like when your player is valued at two millions, and the AI comes up with a non negotiable offer for 500k, then proceed to pay 3 million for an ai team player rated at 300k

That is the AI trying to unsettle your player in order to be able to sign them for cheaper than they know you would be willing to sell them for normally. You can do it to them too, if you want to. In my current game I am forever unsettling players I may want to sign with low bids I know will be rejected in the hope I can pick the player up at a later date. It has been pretty successful so far, at least for unsettling. It is a long game however.

In the OPs example, the AI is saying go away, as people point out. If you really wanted him you could definitely negotiate, but they are telling you that you will have to pay a lot to get this player from them. It is exactly the same as when you set a really high asking price on a player to discourage a bid from the AI.

As for players going for less than you would have paid, perhaps you unsettled him and he asked to leave. Clubs are then happier to deal rather than have an unhappy player. Particularly if they have 2 years or less on their contract. I have found that the AI is very good at knowing what players are available and which are not. Keep an eye on who the AI are chasing, and go after them too. If the AI accepts a bid from another AI team, it will accept one from you too (unless there are extenuating circumstances such as a club rivalry or the manager hates you).

We used to have that in older version of FM but the community said "this is unrealistic as every player has a price" so it was changed.

In this case it's $467m. Is that the lowest they'd accept? No chance. But that's what they've said to you to try and get you to go away.

AI with sarcasm. Nice touch.

That is the AI trying to unsettle your player in order to be able to sign them for cheaper than they know you would be willing to sell them for normally. You can do it to them too, if you want to. In my current game I am forever unsettling players I may want to sign with low bids I know will be rejected in the hope I can pick the player up at a later date. It has been pretty successful so far, at least for unsettling. It is a long game however.

In the OPs example, the AI is saying go away, as people point out. If you really wanted him you could definitely negotiate, but they are telling you that you will have to pay a lot to get this player from them. It is exactly the same as when you set a really high asking price on a player to discourage a bid from the AI.

As for players going for less than you would have paid, perhaps you unsettled him and he asked to leave. Clubs are then happier to deal rather than have an unhappy player. Particularly if they have 2 years or less on their contract. I have found that the AI is very good at knowing what players are available and which are not. Keep an eye on who the AI are chasing, and go after them too. If the AI accepts a bid from another AI team, it will accept one from you too (unless there are extenuating circumstances such as a club rivalry or the manager hates you).

3 non-negotiable bids for a right winger on the last day of the transfer window then signing another player in the same position for 3 times his value sounds like desperation not playing the long game as you claim.

Thanks for the reply though :)

3 non-negotiable bids for a right winger on the last day of the transfer window then signing another player in the same position for 3 times his value sounds like desperation not playing the long game as you claim.

In which case the AI have identified your player as a possible target and shortlisted him. Their scout has estimated an acceptable price based on factors like wages, contract length, club reps, league reps etc and made what they feel is a possible accetable offer. You rejected and they moved onto other targets.

The non-negotiable part is clearly because its the last day of the window and whilst three attempts is a bit overkill I imagine its a difficult area to balance when coding.

Aye indeed, I did not read that one carefully enough! Limited budget + desperately needing a player.

In which case the AI have identified your player as a possible target and shortlisted him. Their scout has estimated an acceptable price based on factors like wages, contract length, club reps, league reps etc and made what they feel is a possible accetable offer. You rejected and they moved onto other targets.

The non-negotiable part is clearly because its the last day of the window and whilst three attempts is a bit overkill I imagine its a difficult area to balance when coding.

The player is valued at 1 million

They make a non-negotiable last day of window offer for 500k

I say no 3 times.

They buy a worse player who is valued at 300k for 2 millions

Why didn't they just offer me 1 million or allow me to negotiate??

This is the point

Because as you have already clarified it was on deadline day therefore time was limited. They made what they felt was a reasonable offer and you rejected it so they moved on and considered other options.

If you upload your save SI will be able to give you the exact reasons.

The player is valued at 1 million

They make a non-negotiable last day of window offer for 500k

I say no 3 times.

They buy a worse player who is valued at 300k for 2 millions

Why didn't they just offer me 1 million or allow me to negotiate??

This is the point

Just because the other player had a lower value doesn't mean that he's a worse fit for their team.

Because as you have already clarified it was on deadline day therefore time was limited. They made what they felt was a reasonable offer and you rejected it so they moved on and considered other options.

If you upload your save SI will be able to give you the exact reasons.

On deadline day I'd expect them to throw money at me for the signing just like they did for the inferior player. I wasn't even allowed to take advantage of that.

On deadline day I'd expect them to throw money at me for the signing just like they did for the inferior player. I wasn't even allowed to take advantage of that.

How did you reject the offer?

What reason did you give?

If you imply that the player isn't for sale then its unlikely the AI club will negotiate further. If you straight up reject I believe it resets the offers and the AI club begin again hench why you received three offers for the same lower amount on the same day.

How did you reject the offer?

What reason did you give?

If you imply that the player isn't for sale then its unlikely the AI club will negotiate further. If you straight up reject I believe it resets the offers and the AI club begin again hench why you received three offers for the same lower amount on the same day.

Rejected and gave a reason of the offer isn't good enough. They made 2 more offers where they added 100k more lol By the way this is a player who has been one of the best in the league and is the star of my team.

All these details shouldn't matter because I get the feeling that the AI is giving me a pathetic offer that I can't negotiate, and then it will unsettle my player who I can't let go with this type of money, and due to the broken interaction system I have to make a promise otherwise it will upset the whole squad, Rinse and repeat..... Ruining the whole experience.

Basically it seems like the AI treats you differently to other CPU teams. It'll be hilarious when the Chinese teams are implemented in the next games, How is the game gonna process these recent transfers LOL

The AI doesn't treat you any differently to other AI clubs, its a myth so stop believing it.

You have access to 100% of the same options that AI managers do from tactics to player interactions to club negotiations. There is nothing an AI club can do that you as a human user can't.

The problem you have is the way you interact with players, clubs & the tactical system. You don't use it as well or as efficiently as AI managers do because they have a better understanding of it.

Cougar you are talking like you have played the game for few seasons or have never done transfers.. go and play until long time and see what happens..

It's clear that the AI wants to sign your players for very low fee and they want their players for unacceptable and unrealistic fee..

If I was Inter manager I would be getting many AI clubs interested in that Goalkeeper and they would have offered between 5M - 10M im very sure.. also the Goalkeeper isn't unsettled he is happy with Inter but I could have got the message of the Goalkeeper moaning why you rejected bid from him joining City/Barcelona blablabla...

Cougar you are talking like you have played the game for few seasons or have never done transfers.. go and play until long time and see what happens..

It's clear that the AI wants to sign your players for very low fee and they want their players for unacceptable and unrealistic fee..

If I was Inter manager I would be getting many AI clubs interested in that Goalkeeper and they would have offered between 5M - 10M im very sure.. also the Goalkeeper isn't unsettled he is happy with the Inter but I could have got the message of the Goalkeeper moaning why you rejected bid from joining him City/Barcelona blablabla...

I've been playing CM/FM longer than 99% of the people playing it now considering I've played every version since the very start in the early 90s.

What that gives me is a good understanding of how FM works and what has changed over the years.

Its not clear in the slightest, in fact it is 100% a lack of understanding on your part. You have an option, you can either learn what the game is telling you and adapt your gameplay to match or continue to be frustrated, its entirely your choice.

I think when people start making personal assumptions about others, especially very long standing members, the thread has run its' course.

Anyway, this is going round in circles. Just because the game doesn't do what you want doesn't mean it is broken.

In all the cases above, the AI is simply doing to the user what the user will do to the AI - telling you to get lost with an outrageous fee; trying to unsettle your player with a laughable low fee; or offering a low non-negotiable fee because that is all the AI is prepared to pay for that particular player (the fact the AI then pays more for a different player is completely irrelevant).

Time to move on.

Archived