Create a club

Is anyone using this feature and how are you finding it, especially in a long term save? I am thinking of putting a new Andorran club in to the Spanish leagues and was wondering if people enjoyed the feature and how it worked

I might be mistaken, and if I am I'm sure I'll be corrected promptly, but without editing, an Andorran club in the Spanish leagues is still a Spanish club in an Andorran skin, and will generate Spanish players on intake day, not Andorrans. If that makes a difference.

I haven't used the 'new' feature simply because for years I've been doing just this with the regular editor. It's what makes FM addictive for me. I create my own team and start off at the lowest level, and I create a few fantasy teams (all excessively poor, rep 1 or somesuch) and monitor how they get on.

Not sure if people have got hold of the right end of the stick here.

With Create a Club, you take an existing club and replace it with one of your own design. You can retain all of the players or replace as many as you wish with anyone else, provided you keep within the budget stated. So for example if you replaced Chelsea, Chelsea would no longer appear in the game, but your newly created club would appear in Chelsea's place (and also be playing in the Champions League). You can even design your new clubs kit.

You don't simply create a club and add it into whatever league.

Should be "Replace a Club". Not create. You can create a club in the editor which you've been able to do for years anyway. A pointless feature in my opinion.

It's not pointless for people who play Classic/Touch version as there is no editor to do anything like this, also it makes it easier for those that don't really want to delve into the editor.

I enjoyed it very much, right up until my created club sacked me! It's good fun and I like being able to edit kits and team logo etc - just remember that you are, as others have stated, replacing an existing club so all of the finances etc will not be editable. Better off using the data editor for that

I might be mistaken, and if I am I'm sure I'll be corrected promptly, but without editing, an Andorran club in the Spanish leagues is still a Spanish club in an Andorran skin, and will generate Spanish players on intake day, not Andorrans. If that makes a difference.

Good point. How would I make the youth intake mainly Andorran? Any ideas? Or best to ask in the editor forum?

Archived