Goalkeeper Scoring

As you probably already guessed from the title my goalkeeper scored recently from a clearance. The ball carried all the way to the other end of the pitch and bounced over his opposite number's head. I've never seen this happen in all of my years playing FM and was wondering how common it is? Aside from set-pieces and penalties does anyone else here have any examples of their gk scoring?

Never had a GK score on ANY version of FM, I do try my best putting 'Over-load' with 'Take more risks'. I would go insane if it ever happened to me.

Has overload ever worked to create an opportunity late for you? That mentality never works for me; it seems so useless.

Has overload ever worked to create an opportunity late for you? That mentality never works for me; it seems so useless.

Plenty of times, but you have to use it in the right context. If you play against a team that park the bus there is little space to begin with, and with overload you congest the field even more, giving your players even less space to work in. If you play against a team that push up an try to attack you it can be a good way to get behind them and create chances. (Of course this is a very risky thing to do, so it may backfire as well)

• Administrators
Never had a GK score on ANY version of FM, I do try my best putting 'Over-load' with 'Take more risks'. I would go insane if it ever happened to me.

Have had this happen plenty for me. In the OTF Network Game it was Fabianski who scored the first goal of the season for me with a volley off a free kick crossed into the box. He's also on Free Kick duty and goes up for corners (penalty duty too).

In previous FM versions it wasn't unusual for my goalkeeper to be top scorer for me over the course of the season when my side was struggling. My proudest moment is my goalkeeper on FM13 scoring twice in the Champions League semi final. I'm still looking for that elusive hattrick though.

I've been playing FM 20+ years and it's happened to me once. It was actually in FM 15 and I seem to remember my keeper making a long clearance which bounced in the opposition box and their keeper dived for the ball but completely missed it. So the ball just bounced into the net. It was good to see happen, but I'm pleased it's not too common though!

Archived