Biggest increase in CA over a season

Just wondering what the biggest increase is CA everyone has managed to squeeze out of a player over the course of an entire season. Looking to find what the highest increase could be. I think i managed to get a 17 year old from 131 to 152. Is it possible to get more, and if so how?

Can you know the CA of a player without using the editor? It is definitely not the algebraic sum of individual attributes, or is it?

the math is not so hard if you know the initial CA, pretty easy but yes I have the in game editor. Edit: And no its not the algebraic sum of individual attributes. Each attribute has a different CA value depending on a players natural position or positions.

lol i find this pointless, who cares about numbers that u shouldnt even be allowed to see, all that matters is quality players with quality performances, you talk like numbers are the be all and end all when judging a players ability.

Ok......

lol i find this pointless, who cares about numbers that u shouldnt even be allowed to see, all that matters is quality players with quality performances, you talk like numbers are the be all and end all when judging a players ability.
Ok......

To be honest, it's not an opinion that's particularly controversial. Seems an extremely soulless way of playing a game to take numbers like CA and PA - which you aren't supposed to be able to see - and draw conclusions purely from them. To each their own though.

To be honest, it's not an opinion that's particularly controversial. Seems an extremely soulless way of playing a game to take numbers like CA and PA - which you aren't supposed to be able to see - and draw conclusions purely from them. To each their own though.

A big jump in reasoning occurred in your comment. I'm just looking for what min-max training ceiling is; there is no allusion to how i play the game or how i seek to play it.

A big jump in reasoning occurred in your comment. I'm just looking for what min-max training ceiling is; there is no allusion to how i play the game or how i seek to play it.

Well if you're going down into semantics, at no point did I say that you played that way, just that it's a way some do. Not that it really matters.

the math is not so hard if you know the initial CA, pretty easy but yes I have the in game editor. Edit: And no its not the algebraic sum of individual attributes. Each attribute has a different CA value depending on a players natural position or positions.

Can someone explain the formula(preferably without knowing the initial CA) ? I mean, if it is possible to get net CA from visible attributes, it would be easier to compare overall players

To my knowledge, there has never been ( or probably never will be ) a definitive answer from the developers on this point. There have been a lot of theories and some pretty good guesses though. We do know that some attributes are weighted more heavily than others but I suspect that the calculation has so many variables that will make it very hard to be sure. We do know that the CA cannot exceed the PA and that it will rise quicker the younger the player is.

One pattern I've noticed with young players is that if their CA shoots up an exceptional amount one year, it stalls the next year.

I think it matters how close they are to there peak. I think if they get regular playing time and you have good coaches and facilities, young player can keep shooting up especially with strong determination and professionalism.

Its a video game, there is always min/max :D
There isn't though, there will be various strings of code that act as accelerators or breaks but there is absolutely no set value to define how much or how little a player progresses or regresses.

To my knowledge, there has never been ( or probably never will be ) a definitive answer from the developers on this point. There have been a lot of theories and some pretty good guesses though. We do know that some attributes are weighted more heavily than others but I suspect that the calculation has so many variables that will make it very hard to be sure. We do know that the CA cannot exceed the PA and that it will rise quicker the younger the player is.

I've seen a number of theories put forward by forum users since I became a researcher and indeed, no one has ever been remotely close to the attribute weightings even we researchers see when assigning the attributes for our players.

There's no real reason to know the CA though, the average player and even a lot of those who consider themselves a bit more in the know would be able to put it to any categorically defining use. There are far more useful hidden attributes to know about players than CA and they have no bearing on a players CA at all.

I've had a player who had his CA increased from 135 to 181 within one and a half seasons. 181 was his PA, too, and he was a perfectionist. He only came from the bench the first 6 months, so his personality must have been the key factor here
What kind of training apparatus did you have for this?

I think it matters how close they are to there peak. I think if they get regular playing time and you have good coaches and facilities, young player can keep shooting up especially with strong determination and professionalism.

I've actually experimented with that. In the past I've set up saves with 15 year olds with CA1 PA200, high DET and PROF with perfect coaches and facilities just to see what happens. And it's like what I said.

• SI Staff
One pattern I've noticed with young players is that if their CA shoots up an exceptional amount one year, it stalls the next year.

Hey phnompenhandy,

There is nothing in the code that would make this a rule. Obviously if a player has an exceptional year in terms of development a subsequent year with smaller improvements is going to feel much slower in relative terms. Also perfect conditions for improvement are rare and unlikely to recreate year on year.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hey phnompenhandy,

There is nothing in the code that would make this a rule. Obviously if a player has an exceptional year in terms of development a subsequent year with smaller improvements is going to feel much slower in relative terms. Also perfect conditions for improvement are rare and unlikely to recreate year on year.

Cheers,

Seb.

What i figured. Thanks for the reply.

Hey phnompenhandy,

Cheers,

Seb.

Yes, i wasn't flagging it up as a problem; quite the contrary - I rationalise it as a kid overachieving one year but things balancing out over the longer term. I'm just trying to manage the OP's expectations. If he must look at CA and PA and sees a 16 year old increase by 25 points in one year, don't expect him to be at 200 when he's 24.

• SI Staff
Yes, i wasn't flagging it up as a problem; quite the contrary - I rationalise it as a kid overachieving one year but things balancing out over the longer term. I'm just trying to manage the OP's expectations. If he must look at CA and PA and sees a 16 year old increase by 25 points in one year, don't expect him to be at 200 when he's 24.

Fair enough :thup:

Takes 4 years to get to 200. So 19-20. :D

There isn't though, there will be various strings of code that act as accelerators or breaks but there is absolutely no set value to define how much or how little a player progresses or regresses.

That's where you're wrong :D minimum will be CA 01 and the maximum will be the maximum value of the players PA :)

In all seriousness though, CA and PA aren't the be all and end all, its how the stats are balanced out and how you use them on the pitch. Some people just take these values way too seriously when considering who they bring to their club, when they should really be looking at the overal stats that we're meant to be looking at.

That's where you're wrong :D minimum will be CA 01 and the maximum will be the maximum value of the players PA :)

In all seriousness though, CA and PA aren't the be all and end all, its how the stats are balanced out and how you use them on the pitch. Some people just take these values way too seriously when considering who they bring to their club, when they should really be looking at the overal stats that we're meant to be looking at.

Halilovic is a pretty good example of what you are saying, amazing key stats for his position but low PA (mid 150s). You would think with his profile in real life it would be significantly higher, more than odeguard anyways.

Halilovic is a pretty good example of what you are saying, amazing key stats for his position but low PA (mid 150s). You would think with his profile in real life it would be significantly higher, more than odeguard anyways.

Yes Halilovic is a beast if used correctly, having used him myself in FM15. I'm guessing he's pretty similar this season too? I've got Odegaard in my current Man City squad and unfortunately I just can't seem to get much from him as an inside forward.

One other example is Mario Fernandes who I have at City. I'm not sure what his CA or PA is, but the coach reports suggest he is a 3 1/2 star which is pretty average for a team like City, so I'm guessing between 150 - 160? He finished last season with an 8.34 average rating over 65 games, 17 assists and 20 Player of the match awards.

Yes Halilovic is a beast if used correctly, having used him myself in FM15. I'm guessing he's pretty similar this season too? I've got Odegaard in my current Man City squad and unfortunately I just can't seem to get much from him as an inside forward.

One other example is Mario Fernandes who I have at City. I'm not sure what his CA or PA is, but the coach reports suggest he is a 3 1/2 star which is pretty average for a team like City, so I'm guessing between 150 - 160? He finished last season with an 8.34 average rating over 65 games, 17 assists and 20 Player of the match awards.

if you want to hear some wild ****, Alex Mowatt PA ability is in the 130. Finshed with an average rating of 8.01, team of the season in the BPL. He played for england in the world cup, scored a hat trick for me in the champions league final. Legend lol. Sad his attributes wont increase passed 13-14 apart from vision and passing lol. Odeguard seems to only work for me as an APM, but PA really maters with him, sometimes he gets 165, sometimes 185. Thats a huge deal.

if you want to hear some wild ****, Alex Mowatt PA ability is in the 130. Finshed with an average rating of 8.01, team of the season in the BPL. He played for england in the world cup, scored a hat trick for me in the champions league final. Legend lol. Sad his attributes wont increase passed 13-14 apart from vision and passing lol. Odeguard seems to only work for me as an APM, but PA really maters with him, sometimes he gets 165, sometimes 185. Thats a huge deal.

That's pretty insane :D

gotta try to sign those epic veterans. as LLM with a team full of youth regens, their tutoring is better than expensive training facilities!

OP how did you get such a large improvement?

states of the art facilities, tutoring, first team games, great coaches. All of the above approach. My tutor was really good though.

IMO, its all about games played. Play all get boost, play as a backup, get maybe 10...

In 15, i could boost a PA to almost the full PA in 3 seasons. Now in 16 it seems that the players will only do that if they play 90 % of the games. To get a regen to boost as that i have to loan him for 4 or 5 season to get him ready for my team.

IMO, its all about games played. Play all get boost, play as a backup, get maybe 10...

In 15, i could boost a PA to almost the full PA in 3 seasons. Now in 16 it seems that the players will only do that if they play 90 % of the games. To get a regen to boost as that i have to loan him for 4 or 5 season to get him ready for my team.

It does seem like the most important factor.

It does seem like the most important factor.

It does, and quite rightly so. I can tell you that in my challenge starting at level 14 with minimal facilities and one useless coach, with the 15 year-old best kids being first team regulars and the rest getting plenty first team gametime, the increase over a season ranges from about 20 to 1. Even with a PA of 200, in those conditions that majority will never make it to even basic professional level. Again, that is as it should be.

Archived