richest clubs rankings all wrong

The rankings for richest clubs by turnover is not even close to accurate.

According to Deloitte (which does not include the mega rich clubs in China), as of year 2014/2015, and heavily dependent on strength of currency, calculated estimates are:

ss11.png

According to FM2016, version 16.0.1, small database, top leagues in England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy (not Turkey), game start England 1st July 2015 we have:

2016_02_16_00002.jpg

What conversion rate does FM2016 use for euro to sterling? What is the base currency that is used?

To start with you'll have to refer back to Deloitte's 2015 report, the 2016 report came out long after the database was locked, that being said the FM figures do not match because FM does not offer a full suite of accounting tools to absolutely match real life finances.

Edit: To find out the exchange rate just place a £1m asking price on a player & then see what the value is when you change the currency to the one of your choice, £1:€1.40 btw.

I think that FM isn't only considering revenue when reporting on richest clubs. I think it also includes the value of the squad, cash balance in the bank, and probably debt levels too. So Madrid may be #1 in revenue, but they also have significant debt, and may not have as large of a cash balance as PSG, for example

I think that FM isn't only considering revenue when reporting on richest clubs. I think it also includes the value of the squad, cash balance in the bank, and probably debt levels too. So Madrid may be #1 in revenue, but they also have significant debt, and may not have as large of a cash balance as PSG, for example

This plus it's taking into acount facilities levels.

Irrelevant considering OP is filtering by 'turnover' in the image above..

Well apparently FM calculates turnover as cumulative since the start of the season, and doesn't seed the first season (2015/16) with last season's financials.

So it would only be fair to compare against Deloitte's stats right at the end of a season for each club, and even then it would be subject to circumstances that developed in your season.

However, the numbers should still be reasonably close, if anyone has such a game saved.

Also apparently only teams in playable leagues are included in the rankings.

Archived