New Game Mode

new game mod  

40 members have voted

1. 1. new game mod

• yes
    • no

As there is no reasoning behind your request, all I can say is that it's called Football Manager, not Football Scout.

Sorry if that rubs the wrong way. But perhaps if you can clearly define why and how this role in a Management game would be of interest, perhaps explain why you feel it's interesting and perhaps you'll garner more support.

For example, I voted no, but if the role was perhaps you were sacked by a club, and you're a free agent, then another AI manager might approach you to suggest a winger for their team.

Or perhaps it could happen from time to time when you are manger. I know Wenger recommended several players for Wigan.

Yes, I wouldn't mind doing a bit of scouting when not attached to a club, on behalf of other clubs, until another management role came up.

No, I would like to be a Director of Football though. Appoint a manager. Set him philosophies to be judged on, developing young players, playing possession football etc. Carry out transfers, negotiate contracts etc. That I would like.

You can already do all of this in the current game, with the right settings.

The only thing I would like to be able to do is get jobs as a youth team manager.

Two examples of what I mean:

1) Pick a youth team to manage (say Arsenal) and carry that job out like normal. If Wenger wants you to use the same tactics as he does then you have to do that. He might give you responsibility to bring in youth players if he trusts you. Then if you do well, a lower league club (or Arsenal) if they're impressed offer you a first team management job.

2) Start off as a youth manager in the lower leagues or even as a first team manager in the lower leagues. Maybe if you get sacked you could apply for jobs with U18 teams to keep you in the game. That would then put you in the same scenario as the above example.

Just an idea but I'd quite like that, especially when you consider how many managers have gone that route (Brendan Rodgers, Tim Sherwood, Nigel Adkins (he was a physio but you get the idea))

Would it be learning how to pitch a tent, starting a fire, a bit of foraging, bob-a-job week and stitching some badges to your jumper?

Sounds amazing.

This comment is brilliant. I tip my hat to thee sir!

Football Manager needs a strong crafting system. And support for Oculus Rift. And FIFA graphics. And ways to spend money. And support for merging with the Sims. And a prescient, Skynet-like AI.

Or not. I'd like the OP to come back with a detailed outline of why we should care about this "game mode", but I doubt we'll get it. Terrible idea on the face of it.

Archived