Job Centre

So, I got fired from my team for leaking information to the press when the board wouldn't let me upgrade my training facilities.

So now I am waiting until a managers job comes up, My question is, what is the point of it showing all available jobs if the only one i can pick is manager?

my full screen is filled with "assistant manager" "head scout" but I can't apply to any of those so what is the point of them being there?

Yeah, it uses the same job center that the player uses in-game, so it shows all available football jobs, not just management jobs. It's pretty cool for immersion, but I understand your frustration at being taunted with so many jobs you can't have. ;)

Just filter out all the other jobs.

Aye.

The thing is, it's an unnecessary faff. I've posted this in the wishlist thread a while back, so it probably doesn't need reiterating, but when you run a massive world-wide journeyman save like I do, this filtering can take a while, mainly because there is a serious lag when un-ticking all the jobs. I start a save as unemployed, so this takes a good while before I can even see what jobs are available. This filter then resets itself whenever you take a new job, so you have to do it all over again with the horrible lag.

I also completely disagree that it offers extra immersion - I really don't need to see if Trowbridge want a goalkeeping coach for their Under-18s. As managers we only need to see the jobs we can apply for. As for the adverts we place, does it add anything to see them in the Jobcentre?

It's not game-breaking at all, but I'd be quite happy for the Jobcentre to be re-jigged.

Aye.

The thing is, it's an unnecessary faff. I've posted this in the wishlist thread a while back, so it probably doesn't need reiterating, but when you run a massive world-wide journeyman save like I do, this filtering can take a while, mainly because there is a serious lag when un-ticking all the jobs. I start a save as unemployed, so this takes a good while before I can even see what jobs are available. This filter then resets itself whenever you take a new job, so you have to do it all over again with the horrible lag.

I also completely disagree that it offers extra immersion - I really don't need to see if Trowbridge want a goalkeeping coach for their Under-18s. As managers we only need to see the jobs we can apply for. As for the adverts we place, does it add anything to see them in the Jobcentre?

It's not game-breaking at all, but I'd be quite happy for the Jobcentre to be re-jigged.

100 times this.

I do the same. It can take ages to get to the point where i see the available jobs i want to see, due to the lag.

Then, as Danchinaski says, it resets when you get a new job and it's the same tedious process all over again.

So, I got fired from my team for leaking information to the press when the board wouldn't let me upgrade my training facilities.

So now I am waiting until a managers job comes up, My question is, what is the point of it showing all available jobs if the only one i can pick is manager?

my full screen is filled with "assistant manager" "head scout" but I can't apply to any of those so what is the point of them being there?

if you are unemployed, just click the home tab. it clearly states every job thats open and over to the right of that the ones whos job are not secure. Cant get much easier then that. no fluff.

WAEj7jL.jpg

You can and it's a better way of doing it. I agree with you on that.

That wasn't the OP's question though, which i've highlighted

I agree with OP's question really. What's actually the point?

In the end you end up with 2 "available jobs" screens, as the other stuff doesn't really do much.

If i'm managing in Chile i'm not really interested in a lower league club in Indonesia looking for physio.

It would be better though if not all nations were active, in the filters, by default.

Just default to the nation i'm managing. That would be my personal preference.

Having said that; the way i use job centre is to keep track of what positions i have put out there, for staff to apply for.

Not doing that anymore though because of the lag.

Archived