Strange PPM

It means he's a big lump of a man, and therefore he's a targetman who is likely to stay static.. old fashioned targetman who you hoof the ball up to..

It's a ppm .. you get 'rid' of it the same as you would any ppm... try and train him out of it.. but I imagine a ppm like that is either permanent or very hard to get rid of.

I think (and I'm not sure, but I THINK) that at some point during attack this sort of player is used to not move too much and pretty much stand in one place, waiting for ball or whatever happens around him. Which could be good or bad, depending on situation.

I'm curious about this PPM as well. There's a young striker on loan at Cesena (Lorenzo Rosetti I think his name is) who has the static targetman PPM. Cesena also has towering striker Milan Đurić in their squad (without the PPM). I notice no difference what so ever in movement when I rotate these two strikers as lone striker with the TM role.

It's a tendency Monty... they won't do it all the time, it's a subtle ppm that should indeed mean the player has the tendency to play as a static targetman.. we're taking Andy Carroll and not Zlatan here...

He sticks around and waits for the hoofed balls and crosses.

Archived